Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
By the end of the movie I was really hoping Killmonger would survive. It would've been cool to give him some sort of Loki type redemption and make him a Vegeta type character where he's technically good but at the same time he still does what he wants even if T'Challa doesn't want him to.

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
1) T’Challa tells the United Nations he’s ready to reveal the truth about Wakanda to the world
In Black Panther’s first mid-credits scene, T’Challa, Okoye, and Nakia are visiting the United Nations, and T’Challa tells the assembled delegation that he wants to share Wakanda’s advancements in technology with the world. He also says he no longer wants Wakanda to be an isolationist country.
:patrice:

That was a bad idea-50 cent

Wakanda probably should have kept getting their North Sentinel Island on and keeping out everybody. History has never ended well for indigenous people anywhere in the world when they allow in the colonizers, word to Dr. John Kani.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I like how Klaue low key tried that "you're not like them" shyt on Erik and he deaded that shyt immediately.

Also Klaue was clearly racist but subtle enough to where the typical white person probably won't notice. Called Erik "boy" the Wakandans "savages" etc.

I noticed that too.....the "savages" comment was :mjpls: to the fullest.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By the end of the movie I was really hoping Killmonger would survive. It would've been cool to give him some sort of Loki type redemption and make him a Vegeta type character where he's technically good but at the same time he still does what he wants even if T'Challa doesn't want him to.

I was thinking more like Magneto to T'Challa's Xavier.

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Killmonger was right but his plan was silly. If all he needed was Klaw's body, then why wait so long to kill him? If tchalla had arrested or killed him, what was his next move?

Maybe it's a bast scene

He needed for T'Challa to try to capture Klaue and fail so when he dragged his body to Wakanda he'd look stronger than him. That's why he protected him from Challa in Korea.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
He needed for T'Challa to try to capture Klaue and fail so when he dragged his body to Wakanda he'd look stronger than him. That's why he protected him from Challa in Korea.
He freed him from the safe house. He wasnt part of the chase. Tchalla would have merked him right there if it weren'tfor the cameras.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Saw it for the second time, I swear except for the final fight I have 0 qualms with this shyt.

The CGI isn't always perfect but it only bothered me when they were suited up and going at it, it looked a bit like ragdolls going at it - which was extra dissappointing because Coogler has proven himself to be a genius at filming fight scenes. I get that they wanted two panthers going at it though, for the imagery/merchandising etc.

It beats Winter Woldier for me, only because Killmonger got to be who he was from life-experiences - instead of being brainwashed, which was PIFF but Killmonger was PIFFER. WS had better fights (at least Bucky vs Cap >> final BP vs Killmonger fight) but that's it.

9.5/10

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1) T’Challa tells the United Nations he’s ready to reveal the truth about Wakanda to the world
In Black Panther’s first mid-credits scene, T’Challa, Okoye, and Nakia are visiting the United Nations, and T’Challa tells the assembled delegation that he wants to share Wakanda’s advancements in technology with the world. He also says he no longer wants Wakanda to be an isolationist country.
:patrice:

That was a bad idea-50 cent

Wakanda probably should have kept getting their North Sentinel Island on and keeping out everybody. History has never ended well for indigenous people anywhere in the world when they allow in the colonizers, word to Dr. John Kani.

It’s actually perfect timing when you consider who is coming to earth. Staying hidden would have been a major L since it appears Wakanda is a huge part of Infinity War.