Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I'm I the the only one that think that the wakandas were c00ns? All those resources and they didn't even try to help none of the black people around the world? Why should I care about wakanda again? them nikkas is c00ns, the rest of Africa is poor, the blacks in American in around the world have been suffering, and all this time Wakanda has been setting on all this rich resources to helped the black people around the world, but they choose not to, very selfish people.
Even though I'm early into the film, I'm on some fukk Wac00nda shyt, I'm rooting for killmonger even though I know he's going to lose in the end.

Right now as I watch this movie this is the best Marvel movie since CW so far no lame ass jokes no GOTG clone shyt just straight up black excellence love it so far, even though I'm not done with the movie I'm leaning towards a 8/10 rating could be a 9/10 movie when it's all said in done for me.
Not trying to get into anything but do you know the meaning of a c00n?

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL
Not trying to get into anything but do you know the meaning of a c00n?
IDC them nikkas still c00ns in my book. How you let slavery Jim crow & the oppression of black people around world happen while setting on all these resources and Technology that could've helped black people around the world but they choose to selfishly do nothing to help how's that not c00nin?

Wac00ndas are c00n ass nikkas, I was rooting for Killmonger the whole time sadly my nikka had to die fukk them Wac00ndas for that r.i.p to a real nikka Killmonger.:mjcry:

jackson35

Banned
Daps
IDC them nikkas still c00ns in my book. How you let slavery Jim crow & the oppression of black people around world happen while setting on all these resources and Technology that could've helped black people around the world but they choose to selfishly do nothing to help how's that not c00nin?

Wac00ndas are c00n ass nikkas, I was rooting for Killmonger the whole time sadly my nikka had to die fukk them Wac00ndas for that r.i.p to a real nikka Killmonger.:mjcry:
so you would let him come to your house and say he want your house and he want to head of your family? is this the new black thing? if we don't give to shyt like this, we get the c00n label

Daps
I have no idea why people are judging anyone in this movie. To me everyone had their reason for doing what they were doing and were correct to a degree. The only suspect dude in the movie was T'Chaka for leaving Erik in the streets and having to see his dad left there on the floor. That was retarded and comicbook T'Chaka would be ashamed of that sloppiness lol

yup t'chaka made so many dumb decisions in that one scene

how you got powers and the suit on but can't restrain your little brother? :francis:

how you gon' just off him but leave him there for his son to find? :stopitslime:

and how you gon' just leave your nephew alone after you just took away his father and his perceived fathers best friend? :comeon:

when t'challa called him out in the spirit realm i felt that

Bruce_Wayne

Rookie
Daps
Killmonger was actually kind of the good guy/protagonist if you really think about it his approach was just wrong.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Great movie.
Not gonna lie. Wouldn't have mind killmonger getting a spin off cause I was rooting for him
Willing to settle for a prequel at this point OR the comicbook style of the nikka just appearing outta nowhere, with no reference/explanation to what happened in this movie

ozzy

Pro
Daps
DW5s3nJVMAATjCw.jpg

Disney-Marvel’s “Black Panther” has grossed an impressive $83.8 million in its second weekend in about 83% of international markets, lifting the superhero tentpole to $304 million overseas.

Black Panther,” starring Chadwick Boseman as the king of a fictional African nation, now has a worldwide total of $704 million through Sunday — making it the 10th largest in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, having already passed “Doctor Strange” and “Ant-Man.”

The U.K. has led the way for “Black Panther” on the foreign front with $41.2 million, followed by South Korea with $36 million.

Russia opened this weekend solely in Imax/Deluxe formats with $2.6 million, close to the same level as “Thor: Ragnarok,” and opens wide on Feb. 26. Vietnam launched with $2.5 million, including previews, the fifth biggest opening weekend in industry history.

The best holds came in West Africa, where the gross rose 7% from the record-setting opening weekend. In South Africa, the second weekend declined only 4% and was the third biggest weekend ever, behind only the opening weekends of “Black Panther” last week and “Furious 8.”

European markets declined by only 34% overall, led by Switzerland (-19%), Finland (-22%), France (-22%), Sweden (-23%), Austria (-24%), Netherlands (-24%), Germany (-35%), UK (-36%) and Italy (-45%). The Asia-Pacific region declined by 54% with the best holds seen in Australia (-30%), New Zealand (-39%), Hong Kong (-40%), Taiwan (-48%) and Singapore (-48%).

“Black Panther” will open in Japan on March 1 and China on March 9. The Chinese box office has been delivering gigantic numbers for the Chinese New Year holidays as “Monster Hunt 2” earned $190 million last weekend and “Detective Chinatown 2” earned $154 million in its first three days.

‘Black Panther’ Powers Past $300 Million at International Box Office

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some questions/observations after my 3rd viewing

1. That's definitely Erik/N'jobo talking at the beginning. It gives extra meaning to Erik's fairytale quote at the very end.

2. Why don't the Dora know who the Prince is when they show up at his apartment? They obvious know, which is why they're there. So them asking him his name or for proof of his identity doesn't make any sense. Unless his looks had changed considerably as a result of living in America. I think they should have said something to allude to this because on repeated viewings, the whole interrogating him about his identity doesn't make sense.

3. Klaw calls Erik 'boy' several times. I bet Erik couldn't wait to shoot him.

4. Erik's ride or die apologizes just before he shoots her. "Sorry, Erik". What was that about?

5. Erik called Zuri 'Uncle James' right before killing him. This guy probably remembers Zuri as a surrogate father figure who up and disappeared right after his father was murdered. He's probably always suspected his "Uncle James" of being the murderer. It really gives a new weight to the scene where he kills him.

6. M'baku is in the throne room at the end when T'Challa walks in, but I didn't see W'Kabi there. I wonder if W'Kabi is in trouble at the end of the movie? I think he should be.
5. Right before the fight there's this brief moment where Erik looks at Zuri and he just looks down. Subtle.