Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Just peeped for my 4th viewing. Non-IMAX this time (much to my chagrin). Reiterating, my only complaint aside from the CGI, was that some scenes could be longer, including the fight scenes. I also don't see how anyone can say that the first hour moves too slow. shyt whizzes by and by the hour mark, you're approaching the 4th action sequence.
Love the movie. Best MCU movie. Needed better CGI, but yea..

A story this EPIC....should have at least been 2hrs 30 mins to 2hrs 45 mins. :jbhmm:

This needed that Lord of the Rings type treatment where we let shyt breathe.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

A story this EPIC....should have at least been 2hrs 30 mins to 2hrs 45 mins. :jbhmm:

Nah the cgi was fine I thought. It was the green screen during the 2nd time T'Challa went to the astral plane that was throwing me off. It was very rugged.

I'm almost certain they're going to act like the entire mountain of vibranium is like wrapped around the soul stone.

Ryan confirmed it wasn't in there. Here's his quote from ign

“I love the Infinity Stones as much as any comic book fan, it’s just Wakanda already has its thing, which is Vibranium. For us, that was special enough, so to throw in something like another special thing didn’t feel right. It felt like we should stick with our one MacGuffin for the country and explore that, let that be the important thing because, frankly we didn’t need to have another piece like that,” Coogler explained, adding, “[Marvel Studios] never really was interested in putting a stone in there, either.”

So either it's gonna be somewhere else, like maybe captain marvel has it or aliens are gonna invade thinking it's there.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
17E6BC65-CA97-4607-A0F6-F8A4F185AC56-306-0000001BAC212B33.GIF

has any nerd counted the marks on killmonger for an estimation of kills?
X5zPz.gif

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

nah this needed the ten commandments 2 vcr tapes type ish (4 hours)

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Like I said befoe I wouldn't mind a movie titled "wakanda" that takes us back to the beginning
I hate origin stories :russell:

I'm so glad they jumped right into the point with this movie and didn't waste time making it a typical origin flick for the first movie. That shyt drags and kills these comic book joints. At this point it's not necessary especially with an established universe. DC needs to do the same thing going forward and not spend so much time on that angle.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I hate origin stories :russell:

I'm so glad they jumped right into the point with this movie and didn't waste time making it a typical origin flick for the first movie. That shyt drags and kills these comic book joints. At this point it's not necessary especially with an established universe. DC needs to do the same thing going forward and not spend so much time on that angle.

:stopitslime:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
why was black panther skinny as shyt... my guy was looking like tupac compared to umbaku (spell check) even killmonger had dude looking like he needed to hit the weights.... horrible casting for BP... or at least make him work out.... nikka got thw build of a teenage spiderman when he first got his powers

and he cant fight for shyt its like he didnt even take any kind of classes for training and physical conditioning.... dude fight scenes was horrible.... michonne had the best fight scenes in the whole movie.

micheal Jai white would've killed as black panther due to his fighting background and he has the "muscular super hero build pf thw comics" and lets not say it's because hes old.... robert downey jr is old as shyt and he plays iron man
:childplease:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Nah the cgi was fine I thought. It was the green screen during the 2nd time T'Challa went to the astral plane that was throwing me off. It was very rugged.

Ryan confirmed it wasn't in there. Here's his quote from ign

“I love the Infinity Stones as much as any comic book fan, it’s just Wakanda already has its thing, which is Vibranium. For us, that was special enough, so to throw in something like another special thing didn’t feel right. It felt like we should stick with our one MacGuffin for the country and explore that, let that be the important thing because, frankly we didn’t need to have another piece like that,” Coogler explained, adding, “[Marvel Studios] never really was interested in putting a stone in there, either.”

So either it's gonna be somewhere else, like maybe captain marvel has it or aliens are gonna invade thinking it's there.

CGI should have been as top notch as the acting and story. That was the one thing that was off because everything else was so stellar. So mediocre CGI can be jarring.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the MCU they're not potential wives to T'Challa, but even in the comics while they are seen as such T'Challa never liked the idea of them being his wives in training. There was only ever 1 time where he made a move on Nakia but that was because the devil (mephisto) manipulated him to do it.

That's the wishful thinking side, because if it was all out war he would've not only lost, but wakanda would basically end up like every other african country and straight up be looted. Twice when you add up Thanos coming through to take whatever he's coming for in Infinity War lol

True he shouldve strengthened all of africa 1st before activating sleeper cells then fukk with russia and china but killmonger too extreme to ask for cac assistance

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
actually they didn't okoye did and they followed okoye, doras committed treason from my point of view
Nope

When he was burning the sacred flowers and disregarding their traditions he was already proving to be unfit and reckless. He was a soldier not a leader. Their priority was to protect Wakanda at all costs even against him.

His death scene was pivotal. He couldn't see beyond himself. He could have been saved but he wasn't willing to work with anyone or compromise. Breh would have been nothing more than a typical African dictator :dead:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Nope

When he was burning the sacred flowers and disregarding their traditions he was already proving to be unfit and reckless. He was a soldier not a leader. Their priority was to protect Wakanda at all costs even against him.

His death scene was pivotal. He couldn't see beyond himself. He could have been saved but he wasn't willing to work with anyone or compromise. Breh would have been nothing more than a typical African dictator :dead:

what traditions did he disregard?

all people talk about is the burning of the sacred flower, but no one mentions zuri interfering, no one mentions nakida stealing a herb and going to a outlaw tribe to offer it as a offering, no one mentions outside help a fisherman, m'baku and a herb helping black panther.

What I saw was a great man in killmonger who won and became rightful king it was his birthright, he also went through the ritual to become king and as KING he advised the herb to be burned as KING it was well within his right, just like c00n t'chaka sat idle as blacks were being emmitt till'd

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
another plot hole i noticed black panther had already been back to wakanda with captain america and bucky to freeze bucky, so why was it news that is father died when he touched down at the beginning of the movie?

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
another plot hole i noticed black panther had already been back to wakanda with captain america and bucky to freeze bucky, so why was it news that is father died when he touched down at the beginning of the movie?

It was news to Nakia as she was on a mission away from Wakanda but I don't remember it being news to anyone else :jbhmm: