Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I don't see how Get Out and Michonne's relationship can persist after that move he pulled. dude literally traited on her and his nation. you know that's gonna be the FIRST thing she brings up every argument :hubie: .
If you think about it, the man that killed his father was about to be killed by T'Challa, and Michonne stopped it cuz "the world is watching". In dude's mind, his girl wasn't on the same page as him. At that point she's more concerned with her loyalty to the throne than her man getting personal closure. They both kind of knew the relationship was a wrap.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
17E6BC65-CA97-4607-A0F6-F8A4F185AC56-306-0000001BAC212B33.GIF

has any nerd counted the marks on killmonger for an estimation of kills?

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
They didn't show much of what the Army can do in BP. I think they probably only scratched the surface.
Yea probably :ehh:

If you think about it, the man that killed his father was about to be killed by T'Challa, and Michonne stopped it cuz "the world is watching". In dude's mind, his girl wasn't on the same page as him. At that point she's more concerned with her loyalty to the throne than her man getting personal closure. They both kind of knew the relationship was a wrap.

Nah, it was just a fight over differences. They'll be fine. They gotta stay together for the rhinos :obama:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah he's def next up. RDJ, Evans and Hemsworth's contracts are all up. Once they're gone BP and Spidey are left, no telling what Sony will do with Spidey so it's safe for Marvel to place their bets on Chadwick.

I do worry that fans of the original Avengers will drop off while BP exclusive fans won't watch Avengers flicks. We've already seen that people who went to see Wonder Woman didn't come back for Justice League.

Good riddance RDJ is in his 50's and his salary is redic so bye bye
Evans :ehh:, you can easily make another dude become captain america it has happened in the comics
Ditto Thor

with hulk, wasp and ant-man thats 3/5 of the founders anyways

can add captain marvel

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Oh I forgot to mention.

Where the fukk was Bast in this movie? I wanted to see the damn panther god finally but we didn't get her. I was expecting a dope ass fight sequence with T'Challa vs a giant panther but we didn't get it. She better show up in the 2nd film and give him the "King of the dead" ability :birdman:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Oh I forgot to mention.

Where the fukk was Bast in this movie? I wanted to see the damn panther god finally but we didn't get her. I was expecting a dope ass fight sequence with T'Challa vs a giant panther but we didn't get it. She better show up in the 2nd film and give him the "King of the dead" ability :birdman:

I was checking for Bast as well

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Maybe it changed for the MCU but i thought the Dora milaje his bodyguards/potential wives so wasnt he smashing them off duty anyway??

And after more thought i believe killmonger’s plan wouldve worked and him not going into detail about his plan was more for movie time restraints since ross said he was trained for toppling regimes. Them sleeper cells would be on some guerilla warfare terrorist tactics not on some “ hey Wakanda against the world blatt blatt”

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Man i was cheering for killmonger even though I knew he wouldn't win. Calling out wakanda for chilling on the sidelines like house negros while 2 billion of us are losing.

The last line he dropped, nah bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped into the ocean instead of being in bondage.:birdman:

word he repped for African-Americans in that film :salute:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just peeped for my 4th viewing. Non-IMAX this time (much to my chagrin). Reiterating, my only complaint aside from the CGI, was that some scenes could be longer, including the fight scenes. I also don't see how anyone can say that the first hour moves too slow. shyt whizzes by and by the hour mark, you're approaching the 4th action sequence.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Maybe it changed for the MCU but i thought the Dora milaje his bodyguards/potential wives so wasnt he smashing them off duty anyway??

In the MCU they're not potential wives to T'Challa, but even in the comics while they are seen as such T'Challa never liked the idea of them being his wives in training. There was only ever 1 time where he made a move on Nakia but that was because the devil (mephisto) manipulated him to do it.

And after more thought i believe killmonger’s plan wouldve worked and him not going into detail about his plan was more for movie time restraints since ross said he was trained for toppling regimes. Them sleeper cells would be on some guerilla warfare terrorist tactics not on some “ hey Wakanda against the world blatt blatt”

That's the wishful thinking side, because if it was all out war he would've not only lost, but wakanda would basically end up like every other african country and straight up be looted. Twice when you add up Thanos coming through to take whatever he's coming for in Infinity War lol