Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I got Civil War on right now;

Did people forget;

• Wakandans were on a outreach mission in another African country when they got killed by badguys the Avengers were fighting?
  • T'Chaka was willing to get down with a deal to pull the superheroes in?
  • T'Chaka didn't give the world his full hand, but, was willing to work with outsiders before he was killed in a Western nation by another Western terroist?
  • T'challa had been King for like 2 months between CW and this movie?

:lolbron:Damn Black Panther was better than I imagined it would be

T'challa wasn't king, he was the prince and currently holding the mantle of black panther, which in the comics usually goes down t'challas family tree because if anyone else were to partake of the heart shaped herb they would die.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
After seeing this movie for the 3rd time, u still get choke up during the same scenes like I was watching it for the first time :wow:

I can't wait to see Shuri and Tony Stark interact for the first time:wow:

I'm also hoping the reup with certain characters they weren't planning on based on the success of this movie.

I wanna see T'Challa and Thor for the first time.

2 kings meeting with each would be awesome.

Or T'Challa and Doctor Strange even. So we can add more mystical shyt to Wakanda and introduce characters like Brother Voodoo to the mix
full

Astronomer

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of brehs were complaining about T'Challa's "All People Matter" speech at the UN during the post credits. It bothered me on the first watch as well because I felt like diluted the covert pro-blackness I secretly wanted. However, after seeing it again, I feel like that was Marvel’s decision and not Ryan’s. Upon a second watch it felt obvious to me that they were setting Black Panther up to be the leader of the Avengers during the next phase of the MCU. That’s why his language during the speech and the 2nd convo with his father in the afterlife implied helping “The rest of the world” and not just” our people” or “our brothers and sisters.” They’re positioning him to be a transcendent hero, not just the black folks hero of the MCU. I think the focus on Wakanda's technical prowess points toward Wakandan (and maybe Pym tech) replacing Stark tech as the main source of tech solutions and the teams weapons, vehicles, etc going forward. I think they’ll do something similar with Capt. Marvel. They’re gonna have her and BP lead the team on some progressive shyt. But think about it, after Cap and Tony Stark move on, who else in the MCU is even fit to lead the team? Dr. Strange? They’re shifting T’Challa's narrative towards someone who’s wants to “save the world” like your traditional superhero.

So you kinda can’t be too mad at that if this is really what they're doing.

It wouldn’t make to since to push BP in that direction if they made his main concern just black folks .

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
A lot of brehs were complaining about T'Challa's "All People Matter" speech at the UN during the post credits. It bothered me on the first watch as well because I felt like diluted the covert pro-blackness I secretly wanted. However, after seeing it again, I feel like that was Marvel’s decision and not Ryan’s. Upon a second watch it felt obvious to me that they were setting Black Panther up to be the leader of the Avengers during the next phase of the MCU. That’s why his language during the speech and the 2nd convo with his father in the afterlife implied helping “The rest of the world” and not just” our people” or “our brothers and sisters.” They’re positioning him to be a transcendent hero, not just the black folks hero of the MCU. I think the focus on Wakanda's technical prowess points toward Wakandan (and maybe Pym tech) replacing Stark tech as the main source of tech solutions and the teams weapons, vehicles, etc going forward. I think they’ll do something similar with Capt. Marvel. They’re gonna have her and BP lead the team on some progressive shyt. But think about it, after Cap and Tony Stark move on, who else in the MCU is even fit to lead the team? Dr. Strange? They’re shifting T’Challa's narrative towards someone who’s wants to “save the world” like your traditional superhero.

It wouldn’t make to since to push BP in that direction if they made his main concern just black folks .

It's a reason why he's one of the main highlights in the infinity war trailers as well. He's definitely gonna be leading the Avengers at some point as he's the only one capable enough to do so if Cap or Tony dies. He's not gonna be replacing any type of tech company tho. I think people misunderstood what he was gonna be sharing with the world at the UN. All he said was that they're sharing the knowledge, probably on how to build some of their tech but they're not sharing all their shyt lol

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Truth be told.....

I think the Pym particle that powers Ant-Man's suit..
I think the super soldier serum that Cap and Buckey has...
I think the arc reactor and that new element Tony Stark figured out how to create...

ALL CAME FROM WAKANDA :mjpls:

Vibranium is basically alien technology. Elements not on the periodic table that Wakandans have mastered.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Truth be told.....

I think the arc reactor and that new element Tony Stark figured out how to create...

Vibranium is basically alien technology. Elements not on the periodic table that Wakandans have mastered.

Good theory just trying to figure out how they got in the first place. How did Stark get vibranium in 1945 if Klaw didn't invade Wakanda until 1992?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

Yeah he's def next up. RDJ, Evans and Hemsworth's contracts are all up. Once they're gone BP and Spidey are left, no telling what Sony will do with Spidey so it's safe for Marvel to place their bets on Chadwick.

I do worry that fans of the original Avengers will drop off while BP exclusive fans won't watch Avengers flicks. We've already seen that people who went to see Wonder Woman didn't come back for Justice League.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Truth be told.....

I think if that were the case we would've seen all of those highlighted in Wakanda but on a grander and more perfected stage, especially the Pym Particles. I see no reason why you'd only supply your armies or dora milaj advanced spears and shields but not super strength or miniature abilities. The arc reactor tech I can see being from wakanda tho. The cloaking tech is definitely from them as they had it in the movie.

Good theory just trying to figure out how they got in the first place. How did Stark get vibranium in 1945 if Klaw didn't invade Wakanda until 1992?

In the comic for the captain america movie, howard said he found it in deep africa. So either stark got lucky and found a chunk of it or there's some unknown history they need to explore.

Yeah he's def next up. RDJ, Evans and Hemsworth's contracts are all up. Once they're gone BP and Spidey are left, no telling what Sony will do with Spidey so it's safe for Marvel to place their bets on Chadwick.

I do worry that fans of the original Avengers will drop off while BP exclusive fans won't watch Avengers flicks. We've already seen that people who went to see Wonder Woman didn't come back for Justice League.

Because Justice League doesn't have any deep lore to it in the cinematic universe. Even without the OG's there's a lot more fans committed to the MCU as a whole than people give credit for.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I think if that were the case we would've seen all of those highlighted in Wakanda but on a grander and more perfected stage, especially the Pym Particles. I see no reason why you'd only supply your armies or dora milaj advanced spears and shields but not super strength or miniature abilities. The arc reactor tech I can see being from wakanda tho. The cloaking tech is definitely from them as they had it in the movie.

In the comic for the captain america movie, howard said he found it in deep africa. So either stark got lucky and found a chunk of it or there's some unknown history they need to explore.

Because Justice League doesn't have any deep lore to it in the cinematic universe. Even without the OG's there's a lot more fans committed to the MCU as a whole than people give credit for.

Think about it breh... Black Panther's suit and "sneakers" shrink to sub atomic size.

And that super soldier serum is a chemically modified version of the heart shaped herb.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Think about it breh... Black Panther's suit and "sneakers" shrink to sub atomic size.

And that super soldier serum is a chemically modified version of the heart shaped herb.

I get that but why advance your tech and not your army? Imo it's very disadvantageous to not supply your warriors with abilities in case a war breaks out. It's one thing to give them advanced shield n whatnot but having super strength would also prolong their lifespan in battle.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I get that but why advance your tech and not your army? Imo it's very disadvantageous to not supply your warriors with abilities in case a war breaks out. It's one thing to give them advanced shield n whatnot but having super strength would also prolong their lifespan in battle.

They didn't show much of what the Army can do in BP. I think they probably only scratched the surface.