Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You either run shyt, or get ran. That’s how this planet has worked and will continue to work.

Right now, we getting ran. There’s no compromising with cacs, the only thing that makes absolute power back down is equal force.

Not holding hands, burning sage, and begging.

He lacked a clear mind and lacked advisors. Any general of war can tell you that no war is won by one mind. It takes a team and an organization with unanimous agreement and advice before taking on a battle.

That's the problem: emotions cloud logic. Even with a PhD and skilled military kills, Killmonger was just an emotionally scarred person that never overcome the demons in his head. And those demons in battle would have kill off most Wakandians and most of the black people he was trying to liberate.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
For people saying Killmongers "reign on the top was short like lepprecons", it was to be expected in this movie.

Maybe the save Killmonger for the sequel and maybe they make Klaw the main villian. But that would have defeated the purpose of the theme which was...

T'chaka and former kings were willing go to extremes to keep wakanda isolated including lying, killing and abandoning thier own blood.

Some Wakandans were fed up of hiding and Killmonger was a byproduct of the leadership's lies and neglect. Killmonger wasn't just out for revenge because his uncle killed his father. He was more angry at wakanda letting black people around the world be oppressed.

They were around during slavery and instead of driving colonialism and the slave trade out of Africa, they sat back and did nothing which is more egregious. That's something Killmongers dad resented.

Also, T'chala didn't have to fight Killmonger for the crown. I think part of him did it out of Guilt. I think he felt that everything he looked up to in his father was tainted and in turn his legacy was tainted as well. Mentally he wasn't prepared and thus he lost before the first blow was struck.
Cosign all of this

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
If you think about it..T'Challa should have NEVER won the thrown back, after Killmonger defeated him and threw him off the cliff. Zuri also interred with the battle (which is against ceremonial rules). Don't it take "weeks" to plan those challenges?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If you think about it..T'Challa should have NEVER won the thrown back, after Killmonger defeated him and threw him off the cliff. Zuri also interred with the battle (which is against ceremonial rules). Don't it take "weeks" to plan those challenges?

Death or submitting is the only way to win. They never fully explained the traditions other than that.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
No the point is that zuri interfered and prevented killmonger from killing t'challa outright
Then T'challa got healed by outside help and came back saying he didn't yield which is funny because imo he was done if nobody helped him after he got thrown off the cliff. Meaning the challenge was over
If you are allowed outside in the challenge you might as well not make it one on one
Dora Milaje are some traitors to the throne as well. The minute T'challa showed up again they turned on breh

blalienz

#AGP #HGC
Daps
Reppin
Right now, nowhere
Killmonger, the character, was great. Loves his story.

Wallace trying to act tough ruined it. MBJ can’t act to me, so he was my only negative from the movie.
I wouldn't say he flat out cant act, but for that character that role nah he just not on THAT level as an actor
something is just missing

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
No the point is that zuri interfered and prevented killmonger from killing t'challa outright
Then T'challa got healed by outside help and came back saying he didn't yield which is funny because imo he was done if nobody helped him after he got thrown off the cliff. Meaning the challenge was over
If you are allowed outside in the challenge you might as well not make it one on one
Dora Milaje are some traitors to the throne as well. The minute T'challa showed up again they turned on breh

Technically he didn't yield. You only take the throne by death or submission. So T'Challa was still king breh.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The reason why this got passed Disney execs because Coogler had to make a guarantee that the CIA shoot down those planes so White Supremacy would still reign. :scust:
Would reign regardless....the Avengers exist in that universe. Dr Strange and Scarlett Witch would halt that shyt quick. Not to mention the c00ns and others who would sell out for the money. No way a Black Hitler was gonna be allowed to exist

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
R0HmCn9.png
MARVEL hat upgrade edition!
vRFYGbM.png

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Would reign regardless....the Avengers exist in that universe. Dr Strange and Scarlett Witch would halt that shyt quick. Not to mention the c00ns and others who would sell out for the money. No way a Black Hitler was gonna be allowed to exist
Avengers woulda jumped on Killmonger ass faster than you can say "As-Salaam-Alaikum!"
:russ:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t wanna get too deep into this shyt because it’s a fictional movie, but how do you think the African race is going to rise up to overthrow cacs?

Through hashtags, gay lives matter, and identity politics?

We’re under cacs through the result of a battles that our ancestors lost.

The only way to get up from under them will be through a war. That’s a hard truth that a lot my fellow AA’s don’t want to admit.

There can be and never will be a bloodless revolution. It’s gonna take some dying, and it’s gonna take some killing.

Right so the leader so consumed with hate and despotic actions should be accepted because he wants to kill 'cacs', the coli I swear :mjlol:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Besides the laughably bad African accents, and the Agent Ross character, this was a good ass movie :ehh: