Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Couple things I would've liked to have seen.

- T'chaka getting buried. Would've have been a great to see the ceremony and had a glimpse of the entire Wakanda nation celebrating his life and pretty much as an entirety. Also, they could've shown Killmonger watching the news in London about the blast that killed T'chaka and giving off a wry smile to foreshadow his move to strike at Wakanda during this transition of power.

- Maybe a flashback or some direct scene showing the impact of W'Kabi losing his parents to the Klaue's explosion at the border. I didn't like the fact that he turned heel that easily, since him and BP were childhood friends. I'd thought there friendship was stronger than that.

- Killmonger's mom or atleast a reference to her. Basically more of KM backstory. Especially the impact of losing his dad through his formative years. Maybe even show him at his most lethal, taking lives and then scarring himself right after.
Breh I thought he was going to give him self a tear scar after he slit Okoya’s soldier’s throat! ...

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Never looked at it like that. Yeah, Killmonger had a legit reason to get mad about the state of black people worldwide, just that his methods were too clouded on anger.

On the opposite ends, when T'Challa became king, when he engaged in the "burial" ritual, he spoke to his father in spirit and had a heart to heart convo in the grasslands with a dreamy skyline. After it was over, T'Challa was very happy and fit to lead since the wisdom of his father inspired him.

On the Contrast, Killmonger, when he forced his way to leadership of Wakanda, went for the burial ritual, and was still stuck in the old Oakland apartment he grew up in. He saw his dead father in that scene, and basically was on some "nikkas die everyday, B" kind of steeze. He shed no tears for him, and woke up even more pissed off and even further from peace of mind.

I knew from there that he wasn't fit to lead at all. Causing chaos from within Wakanda and killing anyone that didn't agree with him.
You nailed it.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
watching it again Killmonger wasn't as vicious as some of the killmonger haters make him out to be. He won the challenge even when m'baku asked was the fight fair and they said yes.

Dude became king and now that he's makign the decisions he can decide what he wants, and he decided the herbs should be destroyed as king he makes the decisions but this old lady had to back talk and like a subject was put in line.

Dude didn't even disband the advisers or tribal leaders he sat and allowed them to speak and hear em out. W'kabi who was T'Challa most trusted adviser even agreed with killmonger. When black panther reappeared he gave the fight to w'kabi and w'kabi could have said yes or no but he said yes.

Dude didn't attack anyone until okoye started

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The biggest indicator of this is when he instructed for the garden of herbs that give future Kings of Wakanda the power of Black Panther to be burned. He was so disillusioned that he did not want anyone else to have his newly gained power or authority, this is what made him a villian and the methods he used to get it.

As king he was well within his right to change the laws of the land

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

I am N’jadaka, son of prince N’jobu. I found my daddy with panther claws in his chest. You ain't the son of a king, you the son of a murderer!

Can doesn't mean should

It makes him a hypocrite at the same time.

All your life you think it's selfish that Wakanda has all the resources to start a world war that could possibly turn the tides of racial supremacy and decide to spread it out to everyone but the one thing you don't want is another black man to have one of the rarest powers of all, just yourself.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Some questions/observations after my 3rd viewing

1. That's definitely Erik/N'jobo talking at the beginning. It gives extra meaning to Erik's fairytale quote at the very end.

2. Why don't the Dora know who the Prince is when they show up at his apartment? They obvious know, which is why they're there. So them asking him his name or for proof of his identity doesn't make any sense. Unless his looks had changed considerably as a result of living in America. I think they should have said something to allude to this because on repeated viewings, the whole interrogating him about his identity doesn't make sense.

3. Klaw calls Erik 'boy' several times. I bet Erik couldn't wait to shoot him.

4. Erik's ride or die apologizes just before he shoots her. "Sorry, Erik". What was that about?

5. Erik called Zuri 'Uncle James' right before killing him. This guy probably remembers Zuri as a surrogate father figure who up and disappeared right after his father was murdered. He's probably always suspected his "Uncle James" of being the murderer. It really gives a new weight to the scene where he kills him.

6. M'baku is in the throne room at the end when T'Challa walks in, but I didn't see W'Kabi there. I wonder if W'Kabi is in trouble at the end of the movie? I think he should be.

6. Yeah W'Kabi is def losing his security role. I can see Bucky stepping into the role, since the kids in the end called him "White Wolf" and that is an established role in the comic books.

Sidenote: I would love to see more of the tech and animal combinations. The Rhinos were cool but

robert-chew-mecha-elephant-painting-medium.jpg

MECHA+RHINO+DONE.jpg

a6b7faf351cc73e5f7b10044b2ed5288.jpg

robert-chew-vulture-bot.jpg

robert-chew-is-an-artist-with-a-big-imagination-1.jpg

chew3.jpg

e52b92ad810490c6924cab518fb562bb.jpg

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Came back from my 2nd viewing...

1. still classic... between this and Dark Knight and winter soldier.:wow: Funny how the best comic films involve characters that arent OD powerful.
2. They shoulda added another 15 minutes with GOATmonger on the throne and T'challa out the picture. Somebody photoshop Black Panther on this gif lmao
cam-casket-o.gif

3. Theres something bout Lupita mayne... like she aint bad bad...but she bad stunning...i dunno.
4. M’Baku got the best reactions in my theatre and breh was only in it for a few mins... Im looking forward to him and the jabari tribe.
5. RIP shorty who was Killmonger girlfriend ...she was bad... is there an Infinity stone that can bring her back? :mjcry:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Of course he was justified. Killmonger showed black folks how you have to be, whereas T'Challa is on some let's help everyone bullshyt.

Yea.... that only happened at the end after he digested everything that happen with Killmonger.

T'Challa was initially on some "Let's help everyone only in Wakanda" and thats not bullshyt.

And even his stance at the end of the movie, though its changed, I dont think its as extreme as cats is thinking. I dont thnk all of a sudden he gonna like let white folks move into Wakanda and set up businesses or just give Vibranium away for free.

I think they may just share a little bit of minor info or give suggestions about shyt and do like what he said he was gonna do by setting up outreach facilities for underprivileged

Martha