Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Couple things I would've liked to have seen.

- T'chaka getting buried. Would've have been a great to see the ceremony and had a glimpse of the entire Wakanda nation celebrating his life and pretty much as an entirety. Also, they could've shown Killmonger watching the news in London about the blast that killed T'chaka and giving off a wry smile to foreshadow his move to strike at Wakanda during this transition of power.

- Maybe a flashback or some direct scene showing the impact of W'Kabi losing his parents to the Klaue's explosion at the border. I didn't like the fact that he turned heel that easily, since him and BP were childhood friends. I'd thought there friendship was stronger than that.

- Killmonger's mom or atleast a reference to her. Basically more of KM backstory. Especially the impact of losing his dad through his formative years. Maybe even show him at his most lethal, taking lives and then scarring himself right after.
The whole movie was too damn short.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Maybe I missed something but did Killmonger actually need Klaue's help?

Wakanda is a known place. The real Wakanda is just hidden. So he knew where to go just not how to get in? Did Klaue not tell him so he just used his body as payment to get in?

Karume

All Star
Daps
Maybe I missed something but did Killmonger actually need Klaue's help?

Wakanda is a known place. The real Wakanda is just hidden. So he knew where to go just not how to get in? Did Klaue not tell him so he just used his body as payment to get in?
I don't think anyone would have believed his story. Having that body gave him access so that he could make his proclamation directly in the presence of those who knew the truth.

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Living as a black man in America can spark a rage that can never be extinguished. Oakland, CA, where Erik was born, has been known to have corrupt police departments. Members of hate groups and extremists have known to have infiltrated their departments and have used their hate and beliefs as a way to abuse their authority on black people. Killmonger wanted black people to have a way to fight back and take over a system that was created since America was established. His methods to "even the playing field" were just as extreme as the people who founded America and believed in the oppressive system that is known to everyone in America, but is not recognized by most. He was aware of the vibranium mines of Wakanda and the advanced weapons and technology that Wakandans were able to create. He wanted them and revenge for his father's death at the hands of the Black Panther. I don't think he was initially driven by the love of power. I believe this developed after he defeated T'Challa for the throne and the realization that he had accomplished his goal set in. The biggest indicator of this is when he instructed for the garden of herbs that give future Kings of Wakanda the power of Black Panther to be burned. He was so disillusioned that he did not want anyone else to have his newly gained power or authority, this is what made him a villian and the methods he used to get it.

Heroes and villians are extreme in their methods. Wanting out of an oppressed system is not villianous or heroic. It's human.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I don't think anyone would have believed his story. Having that body gave him access so that he could make his proclamation directly in the presence of those who knew the truth.
I thought that's what the mouth tats were for. I know he didn't want to reveal his identity.

So he was always planning to kill Klaue?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Is this your King? :picard:

Havent seen shyt like that since Bane in the comics :wow:

Killmonger should have just stabbed Tchalla....he really did earn that throne legally. I would have loved to have seen his vision of the world. :yeshrug:

Dont get it twisted Kilmmonger was a more lethal fighter, he spent his entire life MURDERING folks at the highest level. Tchalla was trainned at the highest level too but you could see Killmonger was a KILLER!!!!! Its no match. A killer will always be more lethal than a nobleman......helluva move though at the end.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He made some good points but:bryan: @ T'Challa being Obama

Obama would have had American/European companies owning the Vibranium mines within a week:mjlol:

Ole "what about the struggling white guy in the rust belt" ass ninja
Obama would have had half of Wakanda being gay or ended up dead. shyt all the nikkas would be dead if it was Obama.

momma

All Star
Daps
He's linked to Panther due to the Priest run
dA3TBWf_zpsgxhnwmms.png

Hudlin run too right?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Y’all mad T’Challa had this help, but Killmonger should’ve just finished the damn job rather than tossing him off a cliff after Zuri was killed. He’s in our age group, he played Tekken 2... he knew how this would end:francis:. His arrogance cost him:yeshrug:
Should of but he didn't. Because he's not Magneto or Doom...he assumed that Tchalla was finished.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Living as a black man in America can spark a rage that can never be extinguished. Oakland, CA, where Erik was born, has been known to have corrupt police departments. Members of hate groups and extremists have known to have infiltrated their departments and have used their hate and beliefs as a way to abuse their authority on black people. Killmonger wanted black people to have a way to fight back and take over a system that was created since America was established. His methods to "even the playing field" were just as extreme as the people who founded America and believed in the oppressive system that is known to everyone in America, but is not recognized by most. He was aware of the vibranium mines of Wakanda and the advanced weapons and technology that Wakandans were able to create. He wanted them and revenge for his father's death at the hands of the Black Panther. I don't think he was initially driven by the love of power. I believe this developed after he defeated T'Challa for the throne and the realization that he had accomplished his goal set in. The biggest indicator of this is when he instructed for the garden of herbs that give future Kings of Wakanda the power of Black Panther to be burned. He was so disillusioned that he did not want anyone else to have his newly gained power or authority, this is what made him a villian and the methods he used to get it.

Heroes and villians are extreme in their methods. Wanting out of an oppressed system is not villianous or heroic. It's human.

:ohhh: