Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some other observations:

Seems like they really skipped over t'chaka's decision to send outreach (medical) groups in Civil War and after the bombing the nature of his speech to the UN as well? No one brings it up at all.:patrice: Seems really bizarre considering how much of Wakanda's isolationist position is ingrained into the story.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some questions/observations after my 3rd viewing

1. That's definitely Erik/N'jobo talking at the beginning. It gives extra meaning to Erik's fairytale quote at the very end.

2. Why don't the Dora know who the Prince is when they show up at his apartment? They obvious know, which is why they're there. So them asking him his name or for proof of his identity doesn't make any sense. Unless his looks had changed considerably as a result of living in America. I think they should have said something to allude to this because on repeated viewings, the whole interrogating him about his identity doesn't make sense.

3. Klaw calls Erik 'boy' several times. I bet Erik couldn't wait to shoot him.

4. Erik's ride or die apologizes just before he shoots her. "Sorry, Erik". What was that about?

5. Erik called Zuri 'Uncle James' right before killing him. This guy probably remembers Zuri as a surrogate father figure who up and disappeared right after his father was murdered. He's probably always suspected his "Uncle James" of being the murderer. It really gives a new weight to the scene where he kills him.

6. M'baku is in the throne room at the end when T'Challa walks in, but I didn't see W'Kabi there. I wonder if W'Kabi is in trouble at the end of the movie? I think he should be.

1. Yea i notice that too and def made his story more human than anything. U hear a young boy’s enthusiasm and love for his homeland and growing up in racist oakland was wondering when his people were coming to save them. That same fairy tale place killed his pops too so his motivation was burn it down and create a better fairy tale land

4. Shawty knew he was going to complete the mission by any means necessary so that “sorry” was for putting herself in that situation where he would have to kill her. That whole sequence kill her and klaw was dope because it showed his motivation was deeper than being a robber