Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As an first generation African American, I could identify with killmonger so well it was like he was speaking to me. Coogler is a GOAT. Him and Michael B are the new Leo and Scorsese:whew:

Sometimes I'll be talking to my Nigerian folk and just get sad and upset about the lack of empathy they have for our African American brothers. The levels this movie went to is so deep you could write a dissertation

Truth

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Obama would have had American/European companies owning the Vibranium mines within a week:mjlol:
He would've come to America to give white people reparations for the opium crisis and told black Americans because he became King of Wakanda we don't have an excuse not to succeed.

I'm mad people bringing up Obama in this thread.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
I love how Killmonger threw Klaue's ass in the bushes with the quickness and the film quickly changed it's focus and you can tell what the real conflict of the movie was gonna be about.

fukk I need to see this again today :wow:

I liked that too, but my dad thought it made it seem like two different stories

Karume

All Star
Daps
I love how Killmonger threw Klaue's ass in the bushes with the quickness and the film quickly changed it's focus and you can tell what the real conflict of the movie was gonna be about.

fukk I need to see this again today :wow:
tools that conquerors use are often thrown away once their usefulness is ended.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
People with this view don't understand world politics.

People (real life) bark every day about how the US is in too many people's Koolaid, helping other citizens and getting involved in wars.
You accuse others of not understanding world politics then say some dumb shyt like this. The US doesn’t get involved in other countries to “help”, that’s just the cover. The US meddles in other countries to serve it’s own benefit which is white supremacy and that’s the cause of the backlash. America runs around the globe pretending to be this moral authority on some fake self righteous shyt and everybody knows that America is full of it.

You sound silly. America doesn’t give a fukk about it’s own citizens let alone citizens from other countries. This is embarrassingly ignorant.

Wakanda would eventually had to have gotten into numerous wars throughout history if they weren't isolated. Wakanda would've found themselves in the middle of every countries dirty laundry and had they allied themselves with any particular nation, it could mean war. Yea, they'd win, but, not before thousands dying for nothing,
So what? Is the fact that they would’ve had to fight the white supremacists supposed to be some kind of excuse for them hiding off in the cut when they had the resources to end the global white supremacy that blacks worldwide were enslaved/oppressed by?

2018 is the most peaceful time ever in human history--the perfect time to get into a more global politicking.
Again, it’s mind blowing that you’re someone who accuses others of not understanding world politics. What good is having peace in the wake of such extreme inequality? I don’t know if this is the most peaceful time or not, but it’s definitely the most unequal where the gap between the have and the have nots is wider than it’s ever been. We need a revolution not peace which is nothing but the oppressed suffering in silence.

I don't get how T'Challa was a "safe negro." He wanted to protect his people from the outside. Tariq goofy ass coined "Hold Your Own Nuts" whilst trying to be "Pan Africanist" when it can make him money. If anything, he's more like T'Challa living in the lap of luxury instead of the inner city. He wants to protect Mama Peanut and his kids, despite being a man conscience of his people outside his home's plight.

I agreed with T'Challa, but, I understand his dad took it too far and for that reason it was time to change if that was the length they were willing to go.

And Killmonger is a way more naunce character then people are giving him credit for. The main reason I wish Mike had more acting range. He was a bit too straight forward with the angry part.

Don't forget T'Challa JUST BECOME THE KING and almost immediately changed Wakanda's isolationist stance and did not solely being inspired by Killmonger.

:mindblown:people have the thought process of a child picking an apple or orange and hating the one they didn't pick.
Had you not mentioned the fact that BP denounced his fathers actions and world view, I’d question if you actually saw the movie. You’re up here defending the wakandan world view when the whole movie was basically about them being wrong and changing course. The father was wrong. T’Challa was initially wrong. Killmonger was right. I don’t know why you’re still here trying to give credence that weak ass “they just wanted to protect their people from the outside” excuse when they acknowledged that it was bullshyt:heh: Panther went back to the afterlife and cursed his pops out over that “safe negro” mentality he instilled in him and the people.

Panther and killmonger could’ve allied and worked together. He chose not to be saved because he said that they would’ve just kept him locked up. That’s because T’Challa was still on some soft shoe scary shyt. Despite seeing the error of his father’s ways and seeing killmonger’s point of view, he still wasn’t ready to do what it takes to truly fight back against white supremacy. Opening up community centers or whatever is cool but that wasn’t going to get it.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I agree with this. He also had the advantage in the beginning. He accepted the fight on a guilty conscience. After he loss, he questioned his father and said he'll make it right. At the same time, ppl sleep on how great of a fighter killmonger and the Dora Milaje are. Koye is suppose to be as great of a fighter as T'Challa.

So the concept of black panther is from ancient kemet with the Goddess Bas after Bastet the cat God. In that culture, men and women are equal. Meaning there were female and male kings, female and male warriors so Wakanda is a direct reflection of Kemet.

Even the king of the dead concept was taken from the story of Auser and Heru after Setekh killed his brother Auser and cut his body up into 16 parts, Auset found 15 parts and resurrected him as Heru, her son. He learned from Anubis and became the king of the dead.
Tell it.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Never looked at it like that. Yeah, Killmonger had a legit reason to get mad about the state of black people worldwide, just that his methods were too clouded on anger.

On the opposite ends, when T'Challa became king, when he engaged in the "burial" ritual, he spoke to his father in spirit and had a heart to heart convo in the grasslands with a dreamy skyline. After it was over, T'Challa was very happy and fit to lead since the wisdom of his father inspired him.

On the Contrast, Killmonger, when he forced his way to leadership of Wakanda, went for the burial ritual, and was still stuck in the old Oakland apartment he grew up in. He saw his dead father in that scene, and basically was on some "nikkas die everyday, B" kind of steeze. He shed no tears for him, and woke up even more pissed off and even further from peace of mind.

I knew from there that he wasn't fit to lead at all. Causing chaos from within Wakanda and killing anyone that didn't agree with him.

He did cry when with his father

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Couple things I would've liked to have seen.

- T'chaka getting buried. Would've have been a great to see the ceremony and had a glimpse of the entire Wakanda nation celebrating his life and pretty much as an entirety. Also, they could've shown Killmonger watching the news in London about the blast that killed T'chaka and giving off a wry smile to foreshadow his move to strike at Wakanda during this transition of power.

- Maybe a flashback or some direct scene showing the impact of W'Kabi losing his parents to the Klaue's explosion at the border. I didn't like the fact that he turned heel that easily, since him and BP were childhood friends. I'd thought there friendship was stronger than that.

- Killmonger's mom or atleast a reference to her. Basically more of KM backstory. Especially the impact of losing his dad through his formative years. Maybe even show him at his most lethal, taking lives and then scarring himself right after.