Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Some questions/observations after my 3rd viewing

1. That's definitely Erik/N'jobo talking at the beginning. It gives extra meaning to Erik's fairytale quote at the very end.

2. Why don't the Dora know who the Prince is when they show up at his apartment? They obvious know, which is why they're there. So them asking him his name or for proof of his identity doesn't make any sense. Unless his looks had changed considerably as a result of living in America. I think they should have said something to allude to this because on repeated viewings, the whole interrogating him about his identity doesn't make sense.

3. Klaw calls Erik 'boy' several times. I bet Erik couldn't wait to shoot him.

4. Erik's ride or die apologizes just before he shoots her. "Sorry, Erik". What was that about?

5. Erik called Zuri 'Uncle James' right before killing him. This guy probably remembers Zuri as a surrogate father figure who up and disappeared right after his father was murdered. He's probably always suspected his "Uncle James" of being the murderer. It really gives a new weight to the scene where he kills him.

6. M'baku is in the throne room at the end when T'Challa walks in, but I didn't see W'Kabi there. I wonder if W'Kabi is in trouble at the end of the movie? I think he should be.
The N'jobu scene was for the audience.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I agree with this. He also had the advantage in the beginning. He accepted the fight on a guilty conscience. After he loss, he questioned his father and said he'll make it right. At the same time, ppl sleep on how great of a fighter killmonger and the Dora Milaje are. Koye is suppose to be as great of a fighter as T'Challa.

So the concept of black panther is from ancient kemet with the Goddess Bas after Bastet the cat God. In that culture, men and women are equal. Meaning there were female and male kings, female and male warriors so Wakanda is a direct reflection of Kemet.

Even the king of the dead concept was taken from the story of Auser and Heru after Setekh killed his brother Auser and cut his body up into 16 parts, Auset found 15 parts and resurrected him as Heru, her son. He learned from Anubis and became the king of the dead.

Respect. Share the knowledge brother!