Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
All on T'Chaka. He killed his Father figure. A deep part about the movie is "Father and Son" dynamic and preparing him for Adulthood along with them being functional after they die.

Once he did that and left him alone, in the wild, the Son had to raise himself to Survive. Killmonger had become an Animal, not a Man; wanting to find the ultimate challenge, dying with pride against an equal.

Hence why he wanted death, he was an Animal; wild, untamed, no chance of salvation. T'Challa could sense that in him, and Erik "Killmonger" Stevens felt in his last moments of being N'Jadaka, because he found the person who could give him Death.

This description was way off given the character's military/MIT background

It was subtle but you described him as an akata without actually using the word

You ain't slick.

:heh:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Killmonger wasn't wrong but, his actions were evil. Dude would have been on some Hitler/Mao/Stalin type time had he had enough time to carry out his mission.

If he was really about Black Unity, he could've achieved that in a million different ways besides killing everybody.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I'm gonna need the other soundtrack for this movie by Ludwig cuz I want the music that Shuri was playing in her lab. shyt had me in my chair :dj2:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Killmonger wasn't wrong but, his actions were evil. Dude would have been on some Hitler/Mao/Stalin type time had he had enough time to carry out his mission.

If he was really about Black Unity, he could've achieved that in a million different ways besides killing everybody.
road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Just came back from seeing it and WOW!!!!. This movie deserves a perfect 10 score and no less will be acceptable, the entire cast got a chance to shine and all those reports about Chadwick being outshined were grossly exaggerated. When he had to look at his father after learning what he had done that was some real sad shyt, finding out the man you idolized left a kid behind on some:hubie:shyt had to be painful. I'm not gonna lie I feel like Ross was only there for white people, because he felt very unnecessary in the film. I'm going to be at Wal-Mart the day this drops and get it for blu-ray:takedat:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Technically Shuri is now a Disney princess:sas2:
You know what, you smart
giphy.gif

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Kilmonger's idealism was correct but he was tyrannical in his actions.

He caused a civil war that pitted his own people against his own. Even had okoye nearly kill her husband over that shyt. What is it we love praising more than anything else? Black love and Black families, correct? Why would you stand by a man, who would with a straight face, advocate for the death of black families in order to restructure the world? It's not like they were c00ns or anything either, so it makes their deaths more illogical.

However T'Challa's actions to help black folks were pretty much some of the same old charity work that everyone else does, except in this world I imagine with Shuri's help there's going to be a lot more black scientific geniuses to help better their neighborhoods n such. In the 2nd movie I hope we see more development on that front, like maybe black neighborhoods would have drone's made by Shuri policing instead of corrupt cops, stuff like that.

I was dying at that part because I was thinking the exact fukking thing. Like nah, you don't get to say shyt, colonizer :pacspit:

Again your WRONG, killmonger won the battle and as King it was well within his right to do what he was doing. Okoye was with him following the ritual law of the land as bodyguard to the king until black panther reappeared and they committed treason