Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nothing the avengers could do if the whole world is flooded with vibranium weapons. Revolutions would occur all around the planet with weapons easily on par with anything the Avengers possess.

Remember Kill mongers entire MO was he was trained by the US to go and destabilize countries from the inside. Iron Man and Doctor Strange can't stop asymetrical warfare.

Obviously it'd all be mute once Thanos arrives still expect the Wakandan military to be the first line of defense in infinity war
What makes yall think cacs won't get ahold of vibranium as well...

momma

All Star
Daps
Something that I think will be super interesting: In the comics, Wakanda has never been successfully invaded. In Secret Invasion, the skrulls failed bigly:
JTmArVQ.jpg

And in the Infinity story arc, the Black Order also try to invade but fail, while other places like NYC, Atlantis, Doctor Strange's place, and X-Men HQ fall:
1862f6cc-cb26-47df-ba12-9a5e902138cd

uJToeaF.jpg

We saw Thanos' army invading Wakanda in the Avengers trailer but I think that'll be the one place where the Avengers win and will become a stronghold while the rest of the world falls

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I didnt like how gleeful Killmonger was about killing other Black folk. That man took pleasure in slitting that Dora Milaje sister's throat. And he thoroughly enjoyed the idea of stabbing his cousin, Shuri, to death. The only reason he didnt was because TChalla stopped him.

A guy like that never stops finding enemies to kill. There is always someone to stomp out or extinguish. There's a validity to Killmonger's perspective and methods, but HE was too mentally unstable to carry out any sort of revolution.

Never looked at it like that. Yeah, Killmonger had a legit reason to get mad about the state of black people worldwide, just that his methods were too clouded on anger.

On the opposite ends, when T'Challa became king, when he engaged in the "burial" ritual, he spoke to his father in spirit and had a heart to heart convo in the grasslands with a dreamy skyline. After it was over, T'Challa was very happy and fit to lead since the wisdom of his father inspired him.

On the Contrast, Killmonger, when he forced his way to leadership of Wakanda, went for the burial ritual, and was still stuck in the old Oakland apartment he grew up in. He saw his dead father in that scene, and basically was on some "nikkas die everyday, B" kind of steeze. He shed no tears for him, and woke up even more pissed off and even further from peace of mind.

I knew from there that he wasn't fit to lead at all. Causing chaos from within Wakanda and killing anyone that didn't agree with him.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Nothing the avengers could do if the whole world is flooded with vibranium weapons. Revolutions would occur all around the planet with weapons easily on par with anything the Avengers possess.

Remember Kill mongers entire MO was he was trained by the US to go and destabilize countries from the inside. Iron Man and Doctor Strange can't stop asymetrical warfare.

Obviously it'd all be mute once Thanos arrives still expect the Wakandan military to be the first line of defense in infinity war
You forgot one thing..Scarlet Witch is on the Avengers. As is Thor. Wanda can stop anything that goes on in these movies. She has to be written down to keep things competitive.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm not a comic reader so I don't know the character of BP like so are they really doing his character justice? I've seen him called the Batman of the Marvel world but he doesn't have any sort of edge to him in this movie like Batman does.
The comparison comes from how smart and resourceful they are. The prep time masters.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
You forgot one thing..Scarlet Witch is on the Avengers. As is Thor. Wanda can stop anything that goes on in these movies. She has to be written down to keep things competitive.
Thor is off world and even then hes been so nerfed in the marvel films it's insulting. Dude got captured by them weakass aliens.

Wanda and Doctor Strange would be a problem. Wanda could set back time or erase Wakanda from existence:lupe:. However, her powers haven't been shown completely yet either

Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukking iron man 1? Garbage ass AC/DC music, corny jokes WITH gwenth Paltrow laughing at them and tony stark corny ass bowling shirts. GTFOH

tony stark is a corny cac so the music fit with the character

special effects were a-1 for the time

complete origin story

and the dialogue was better because they didn't use a script it was all improvised

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah, just setting the record straight for folks that got shyt twisted. Killmonger was a great VILLAIN. Complex, charismatic, ruthless and still relatable and likeable to some extents. He was NOBODY's hero tho. Unless you aspire/look up to villains, then he could be considered a hero in that regard.
Killmonger is an excellent villain but also very contradictory in his actions compared to his self stated purpose. So I'd be wary of anyone that supports someone that's willing to kill their own people simply for disagreeing with them that also has no problems sacrificing the people they supposedly care about without hesitation. That's actually how many dictators began. Even his father saw that he was too far gone in the spirit world.
Yeah the best part about him was how driven he was basically solo.
  • shoot his own girl :francis:
  • kills klaw with the quickness :ehh:
  • drags his body on a cessna to Wakanda:dwillhuh:
  • Challenges the king in his own crib :hubie:
  • Gives T'Challa the bizness:whoo:
  • Chokes an old lady :snoop:
  • Burns the herb :what:
  • Says "f going to jail b" :huhldup:
  • Goes to war with world on his 2nd day on the job :gucci:
Best villain since Darth Vader IMO
I loved how MBJ portrayed Killmonger, he was the highlight of the film for me. He gave an interview this week where he was hesitant to label Killmonger as the bad guy though, which is interesting after you think about his actions in the film. Their goal was to create a character that you can sympathize with.

Here's a link. His answer is right at the beginning, around the 22 second mark.

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
Never looked at it like that. Yeah, Killmonger had a legit reason to get mad about the state of black people worldwide, just that his methods were too clouded on anger.

On the opposite ends, when T'Challa became king, when he engaged in the "burial" ritual, he spoke to his father in spirit and had a heart to heart convo in the grasslands with a dreamy skyline. After it was over, T'Challa was very happy and fit to lead since the wisdom of his father inspired him.

On the Contrast, Killmonger, when he forced his way to leadership of Wakanda, went for the burial ritual, and was still stuck in the old Oakland apartment he grew up in. He saw his dead father in that scene, and basically was on some "nikkas die everyday, B" kind of steeze. He shed no tears for him, and woke up even more pissed off and even further from peace of mind.

I knew from there that he wasn't fit to lead at all. Causing chaos from within Wakanda and killing anyone that didn't agree with him.

I see what you’re saying but I think part of the reason they were in the Apt is because his dad didn’t get a proper burial.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Dude could have been the president with that much charisma determination and education
He chose to go down a path of anger and it led to him achieving he one goal he really cared about; beating the shyt out of the black panther and avenging his father death. Everything after that was goals he had but the level of dedication he had to just get to the point of facing t’Chala leads me to believe his path of destruction would have led to world war weeks before thanos arrives and led the world to even more fierce disarray instead of everyone coming together along with the avengers to face this one true enemy

I was just talking to my homie about how Killmonger's plan has a chance of working if BP happened in a standalone universe. However having the knowledge that Thanos' attack is imminent makes you realize everyone would be in trouble anyway.

Last edited: