Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I feel like he will more personable in next movies but he did just watch his dad die like the week before. Honestly noticed chad in ever time he was on screen because heart eyes.
I'm not a comic reader so I don't know the character of BP like so are they really doing his character justice? I've seen him called the Batman of the Marvel world but he doesn't have any sort of edge to him in this movie like Batman does.

blac_da_rappa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
O City
kept it like comic

the-first-time-killmonger-defeated-tchalla-he-threw-him-over-a-waterfall-that-was-in-jungle-acti.jpeg

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
best marvel movie ever. felt great to see so many black faces on the screen and the setting of wakanda was incredible. they did a great job with showing the more traditional african elements and then matching it with the new tech. all of the casting was on point and most of the characters were fleshed out nicely. i liked the gorilla guy especially and the girl who was making all the weapons and stuff. my only gripes with this film were basically about the killmonger character. i think he should've been in the film earlier and more often to flesh him out. he also should have been played as more of a genius savage, or a brute even, like bane from dark knight rises in my opinion. as it is, he was played like kind of a punk kid who was lashing out, although his reasons were logical for doing so. but this might have been how they wanted it because the film wanted him to appear sympathetic by the end. other than some minor issues with pacing, this movie is second right now only to the dark knight for me. they did a fantastic job.

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
I'm not a comic reader so I don't know the character of BP like so are they really doing his character justice? I've seen him called the Batman of the Marvel world but he doesn't have any sort of edge to him in this movie like Batman does.

Yes, everyone different but I think the Batman comparisons are more about his wealth, intelligence, and combat more than anything. His personality is more like what is shown on the movie but more charismatic. But that’s just my opinion of BP

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
I was also lowkey on Kilmonger’s side until i realized that his plan is trash because he can’t just have the nikkas try and take over everything in a world filled with The Avengers, Spidey, Doctor Strange, and etc.

And on top of that Thanos is coming and will throw that nikka in the bushes :pachaha:
Nothing the avengers could do if the whole world is flooded with vibranium weapons. Revolutions would occur all around the planet with weapons easily on par with anything the Avengers possess.

Remember Kill mongers entire MO was he was trained by the US to go and destabilize countries from the inside. Iron Man and Doctor Strange can't stop asymetrical warfare.

Obviously it'd all be mute once Thanos arrives still expect the Wakandan military to be the first line of defense in infinity war

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Yeah the best part about him was how driven he was basically solo.
  • shoot his own girl :francis:
  • kills klaw with the quickness :ehh:
  • drags his body on a cessna to Wakanda:dwillhuh:
  • Challenges the king in his own crib :hubie:
  • Gives T'Challa the bizness:whoo:
  • Chokes an old lady :snoop:
  • Burns the herb :what:
  • Says "f going to jail b" :huhldup:
  • Goes to war with world on his 2nd day on the job :gucci:
Best villain since Darth Vader IMO
Breh was out of control :russ:

ELESDEE616

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
BP will kill you if you fukk with Wakanda. Batman has a no kill policy. BP has fought the Klan before. If you take away Batman's mental health issues BP has an argument at being more edgy.

ELESDEE616

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
This. I think they should bring Killmonger back some how. Marvel doesn't even have any great villains outside of Loki.

And nikkas thought Michael B Jordan was going to be weak :ufdup:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
It’s an indictment to a talented young black man who grew up in a country that embraced his gifts and helped him turn in to a killing machine who dedicated his life to trying to destroy this fairytale land he felt he never got a chance to enjoy

It’s tragic he grew up this way but he made it to mit so he wasn’t some blind kid his whole life. His ideology was of his fathers but was even more brutal and calculating because he didn’t even have the experience of being in wakanda like his dad and understanding what made wakanda so beautiful. It was at his death he started to understand but even at his last breath he said fukk the idea of a potential life of prison if he wasn’t free to do what he wanted.
Breh coulda enjoyed Cali and had a good paying job with his military and education if we keeping it 100. He chose to be evil.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh coulda enjoyed Cali and had a good paying job with his military and education if we keeping it 100. He chose to be evil.
Dude could have been the president with that much charisma determination and education
He chose to go down a path of anger and it led to him achieving he one goal he really cared about; beating the shyt out of the black panther and avenging his father death. Everything after that was goals he had but the level of dedication he had to just get to the point of facing t’Chala leads me to believe his path of destruction would have led to world war weeks before thanos arrives and led the world to even more fierce disarray instead of everyone coming together along with the avengers to face this one true enemy

Daps
He's helping everyone around the world and that's the problem, T'Challa's plan is going to have Wakanda getting invaded by cacs that think like Klaue all the time. When it was help black people everywhere T'Challa was like:mjpls:, then he decides to go all lives matter in the end. He believes he's helping his people globally but realistically cacs will just horde all the vibranium for themselves.
He has the resources to defend himself and the resources to help his extended family. He wouldn't have reached out to show the world what Wakanda is if he was weak. We should operate the same. Build ourselves internally then externally. One statement that resonated well from a socioeconomic point was that only a fool would burn bridges to increase in knowledge.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns

Add in - At some point after throwing T'Challa off the edge and before overseeing the weapons getting loaded in the shuttles, he had to have made a Dora Millaje warrior do his hair :laugh: shyt was crisp as fukk right before he fought them.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Add in - At some point after throwing T'Challa off the edge and before overseeing the weapons getting loaded in the shuttles, he had to have made a Dora Millaje warrior do his hair :laugh: shyt was crisp as fukk right before he fought them.
I said he same thing lol it’s so much stuff they could have done and showed like his clothes, nikka had like an expensive ass Pendleton in all black cardigan robe sweater and some joggers like a hyoebeast lol

Like a scene of reluctant Dora millage locking his hair while other servants brought out traditional wakandan garbs and him going :hhh:
“Nah I’m good...grab my bag”
And cue a lady bringing over a supreme Louis Vuitton duffle and pulling out his sweater and a bottle of Tom Ford Tuscan leather and hitting he wild
:takedat:“That’s it right there”