Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Y’all still worried about cacs and t’challa knows he can fukk up any nation. End of cap civil war when cap told him if people found out wakanda had Bucky that they would come for him he said without waiver img “let them come” cause he’s assured in his superiority
Now as a superior he refuses to make the mistakes of he past and wants to unite the world especially in a time where we know cosmic beings and shyt are floating in no weekly and Killer robots made of vibranium get loose monthly

Y’all keep looking at it from the small level but when thanos shows up y’all would be so busy worried about cacs that thanos would just smack the entire world in to dust. Black panther is a wakandan king and an avenger as well and if they don’t protect he world there won’t be anything for them to rule anyway
Yeah that's not gonna happen:sas2:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
He's helping everyone around the world and that's the problem, T'Challa's plan is going to have Wakanda getting invaded by cacs that think like Klaue all the time. When it was help black people everywhere T'Challa was like:mjpls:, then he decides to go all lives matter in the end. He believes he's helping his people globally but realistically cacs will just horde all the vibranium for themselves.
Exactly. Which ends up resurrecting the Vulture versus Stark Industries question at the same time.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
He said before he tribal fight wih T’Challa that he killed people in America, Iraq, Afghanistan, and then “I’ve killed my own brothers and sister in Africa” as well

Dude was too vengeful and angry to be seen as anything other than a villain
If he is that villain, folks are right: that's an outright indictment of the USA and it's own global policies -- in a Disney movie.

Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I swear some of yall be half watching these movies.

In order to win the right to rule your opponent has to either die or submit. T'Challa didn't die and he never submitted so the fight still had to continue.

In the comics T'Challa and Erik once fought for days to decide who would rule Wakanda.

Too much fanboyism in this thread

The illegal interference in the fight is what broke the traditions in the first place.

If T'Challa could get up on his own without herb/suit to continue the fight l would see your point

But he couldn't and even wanted to resume the challenge with the herb/suit on (against tradition)

It's a very layered movie if this was done on purpose

Continentals will break traditions for 'the right cause' and are prone to civil wars/coups.

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love how Killmonger threw Klaue's ass in the bushes with the quickness and the film quickly changed it's focus and you can tell what the real conflict of the movie was gonna be about.

fukk I need to see this again today :wow:

Yeah the best part about him was how driven he was basically solo.
  • shoot his own girl :francis:
  • kills klaw with the quickness :ehh:
  • drags his body on a cessna to Wakanda:dwillhuh:
  • Challenges the king in his own crib :hubie:
  • Gives T'Challa the bizness:whoo:
  • Chokes an old lady :snoop:
  • Burns the herb :what:
  • Says "f going to jail b" :huhldup:
  • Goes to war with world on his 2nd day on the job :gucci:
Best villain since Darth Vader IMO

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They need to give Chadwick Boseman more room to make this character his own. The character was generic as hell in this movie. He was outshined by his sister and the antagonist. They could have recast the role and I would have shrugged.

Imagine if Ironman got recast for example.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Yeah the best part about him was how driven he was basically solo.
  • shoot his own girl :francis:
  • kills klaw with the quickness :ehh:
  • drags his body on a cessna to Wakanda:dwillhuh:
  • Challenges the king in his own crib :hubie:
  • Gives T'Challa the bizness:whoo:
  • Chokes an old lady :snoop:
  • Burns the herb :what:
  • Says "f going to jail b" :huhldup:
  • Goes to war with world on his 2nd day on the job :gucci:
Best villain since Darth Vader IMO

All i kept thinking was that Kilmonger was on his Pac shyt “I got my money right..now i want War :pacspit:

I really wish they didn’t kill off his character though. And i wish we knew more of his backstory or we had more scenes dedicated to him. But we probably gonna get an extended edition when the blu-ray director’s cut comes out.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If he is that villain, folks are right: that's an outright indictment of the USA and it's own global policies -- in a Disney movie.
It’s an indictment to a talented young black man who grew up in a country that embraced his gifts and helped him turn in to a killing machine who dedicated his life to trying to destroy this fairytale land he felt he never got a chance to enjoy

It’s tragic he grew up this way but he made it to mit so he wasn’t some blind kid his whole life. His ideology was of his fathers but was even more brutal and calculating because he didn’t even have the experience of being in wakanda like his dad and understanding what made wakanda so beautiful. It was at his death he started to understand but even at his last breath he said fukk the idea of a potential life of prison if he wasn’t free to do what he wanted.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I was also lowkey on Kilmonger’s side until i realized that his plan is trash because he can’t just have the nikkas try and take over everything in a world filled with The Avengers, Spidey, Doctor Strange, and etc.

And on top of that Thanos is coming and will throw that nikka in the bushes :pachaha:

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
They need to give Chadwick Boseman more room to make this character his own. The character was generic as hell in this movie. He was outshined by his sister and the antagonist. They could have recast the role and I would have shrugged.

I feel like he will more personable in next movies but he did just watch his dad die like the week before. Honestly noticed chad in ever time he was on screen because heart eyes.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not very familiar with Black Panther comic wise, what is the reason in the books for their isolation

They've constantly faced invasion from many groups (ethnic african empires/regional neighbors and subsequently western ones, sometimes with neighboring Africans assistance:mjpls:) wanting to just subjugate them and/or more importantly, take over the vibranium mines . Western powers try to buy favor from wakanda to get access to vibranium and wakandans say no. Westerns use african proxies to stir up shyt in wakanda to justify going there.:mjpls:, due to that, they're distrustful of many african gov't due to corruption and deference to western political/corporate leadership:mjpls:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

They focused on plenty of themes with him..his sister connection, his love interest, deciding what kind of a king he wanted to be. Being noble didn't get recognized for this movie because everyone liked a Black Supremacist villain but he did fine. You know how it is...Everyone wants to cheer for someone like Tupac Shakur.