Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Honestly? We can sit on here and mull over the morality of the issue all day, but it's not gonna make a damn bit of difference.

Crackers ain't worried about that shyt...and that's exactly how they stole the top spot like the thieves they are. All I'm saying is Killmonger had some excellent points and you're going out of your way to downplay them on some trifle "hero/villain" shyt. All that "can't fight fire with fire," "you'd be no better than them," "that's not the right thing" shyt...nothing but empty ass platitudes to keep people complacent you ask me.

Sure he's a villain, but as a black man if you don't understand where he's coming from or want to keep that silence, you're a bit suspect breh. Plain and simple.

And statement's like "Killmonger's militant thuggery" (:meloword:smile: do nothing to help your stance breh

I said from jump that I felt where he was coming from with his motivations. What black man wouldn't. I also never downplayed his points. I've very literally even had those same thoughts before. I just didn't find his methods of being heroic, namely even killing our own intentionally. Malcom X nor the Black Panthers would ever have agreed with Killmonger killing our own or beating our women as being heroic. Ain't nothing trifle about that.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I think the response killmonger has got will lead to him coming back in some capacity
Either kept on ice, or the Soul Gem will revive him. I could see a scenario where Thanos brings Erik back, gives him power in order to help defeat the Avengers, but T'Challa telling him that while revived, he is Thanos' slave.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah I understand why that direction needed to be taken. And i was a lil zooted but if I understood correctly then I like how at the end t'challa kinda kept killmongers dream alive by helping out blacks around the world, just peacefully

Lupita's character motivation also reflected that as well, just her ambitions only reached out to Africa, with the weight of MBJ's motivations and his character reasonating with everyone that became them doing what they can to help blacks around the world. But again the entire thing loses weight if he survives.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yeah I understand why that direction needed to be taken. And i was a lil zooted but if I understood correctly then I like how at the end t'challa kinda kept killmongers dream alive by helping out blacks around the world, just peacefully
He's helping everyone around the world and that's the problem, T'Challa's plan is going to have Wakanda getting invaded by cacs that think like Klaue all the time. When it was help black people everywhere T'Challa was like:mjpls:, then he decides to go all lives matter in the end. He believes he's helping his people globally but realistically cacs will just horde all the vibranium for themselves.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He's helping everyone around the world and that's the problem, T'Challa's plan is going to have Wakanda getting invaded by cacs that think like Klaue all the time. When it was help black people everywhere T'Challa was like:mjpls:, then he decides to go all lives matter in the end. He believes he's helping his people globally but realistically cacs will just horde all the vibranium for themselves.
Y’all still worried about cacs and t’challa knows he can fukk up any nation. End of cap civil war when cap told him if people found out wakanda had Bucky that they would come for him he said without waiver img “let them come” cause he’s assured in his superiority
Now as a superior he refuses to make the mistakes of he past and wants to unite the world especially in a time where we know cosmic beings and shyt are floating in no weekly and Killer robots made of vibranium get loose monthly

Y’all keep looking at it from the small level but when thanos shows up y’all would be so busy worried about cacs that thanos would just smack the entire world in to dust. Black panther is a wakandan king and an avenger as well and if they don’t protect he world there won’t be anything for them to rule anyway

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Just got back from my 2nd trip to Wakanda and it was still fire. Took my sons who were amazed. Youngest cried when Killmonger threw Tchalla in the bushes.:mjlol:

Oldest was pissed. Looked at me like How'd they kill black panther:stopitslime:. Like it was my fault.:mjlol:.

It was an even better experience the 2nd time. Fully digested the movie now.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I didnt like how gleeful Killmonger was about killing other Black folk. That man took pleasure in slitting that Dora Milaje sister's throat. And he thoroughly enjoyed the idea of stabbing his cousin, Shuri, to death. The only reason he didnt was because TChalla stopped him.

A guy like that never stops finding enemies to kill. There is always someone to stomp out or extinguish. There's a validity to Killmonger's perspective and methods, but HE was too mentally unstable to carry out any sort of revolution.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
she's just mad no white movie will ever provide respectable prominent roles for white women that isn't pushed via feminism or a #metoo movement

It's clear as day that the women in this movie FIT. They're not just a toss in to appease a section of society.
White women on movies that gain traction are usually based on sex, greed, or disloyalty..kind of like the average 20 something year old white girl. Can't 100 percent generalize but there is no way nyggas don't see white girls like this daily.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I didnt like how gleeful Killmonger was about killing other Black folk. That man took pleasure in slitting that Dora Milaje sister's throat. And he thoroughly enjoyed the idea of stabbing his cousin, Shuri, to death. The only reason he didnt was because TChalla stopped him.

A guy like that never stops finding enemies to kill. There is always someone to stomp out or extinguish. There's a validity to Killmonger's perspective and methods, but HE was too mentally unstable to carry out any sort of revolution.
I forgot to mention...when Shuri was in real danger, that theater kind of tensed up. Lol. Interesting.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

All on T'Chaka. He killed his Father figure. A deep part about the movie is "Father and Son" dynamic and preparing him for Adulthood along with them being functional after they die.

Once he did that and left him alone, in the wild, the Son had to raise himself to Survive. Killmonger had become an Animal, not a Man; wanting to find the ultimate challenge, dying with pride against an equal.

Hence why he wanted death, he was an Animal; wild, untamed, no chance of salvation. T'Challa could sense that in him, and Erik "Killmonger" Stevens felt in his last moments of being N'Jadaka, because he found the person who could give him Death.

Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
He didn’t start a war tho

He asked killmonger to grant him a chance to finish the initial fight and killmonger said he ain’t doing that fighting shytbwith him. Killmonger would have lost because he lost that undying hunger and motivation he initially had. He told bp he had been waiting his whole life for that one fight and beat his ass while bp was just trying to win. Killmonger, in his mind, was king and didn’t need to fight again. Killmonger sent his goons after him and that’s when the dora millage had enough

Did we see the same movie?

Was there not interference in the fight itself?

And more when T'Challa was at the the point of death?

Ritual fights for the throne only occur depowered and without the suit.

People suspending too much logic over broken 'traditions'

I think they showed this flaw on purpose about continentals with coups/civil wars.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

He said before he tribal fight wih T’Challa that he killed people in America, Iraq, Afghanistan, and then “I’ve killed my own brothers and sister in Africa” as well

Dude was too vengeful and angry to be seen as anything other than a villain