Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Brehs remember when Killmonger went to the spirit realm and his pops was like “you got no tears for me?”

I woke thinking bout that whole scene. Powerful

@Ziggiy

Killmonger got a kid?

After leaving the theater my wife said killmonger basically hit his dad with a
“nikkas die everyday b “:umad:

Last edited:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I swear some of yall be half watching these movies.

In order to win the right to rule your opponent has to either die or submit. T'Challa didn't die and he never submitted so the fight still had to continue.

In the comics T'Challa and Erik once fought for days to decide who would rule Wakanda.

Yep, brehs took drink breaks and everything.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They've said that Wakanda plays a huge role in Infinity War and we know the battle takes place there. I wonder if they are gonna use Doom War as the premise

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I also agree w BP , we can empower black people without going to open war w the rest of the globe. But that’s always been the debate I guess. Wakanda going from centuries of peace and tradition to killing for world domination sounds hot, but it risks becoming what you hate.

BP Got his wake up call that more needs to be done, but he’s going to do it without becoming the oppressor himself.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I ain't mad at anyone. You just being an jackass right now and trying to be on some slick shyt. Say it outright or don't say it at all.

I've been clear with what I've been saying from jump, that while Killmonger is a great villain, he is just that. A villain. I understand and have even felt in some ways to what his viewpoints are, like I'm sure any black person has. But I sure as hell ain't considering him a hero when he's obviously short-sighted and moreso showing signs of selfishness and pain, rather than heroism as the reasons behind his mission. And is methods certainly weren't heroic either, which I pointed out already. He's essentially an MCU villain that folks have been clamoring for, which is great. Doesn't make him a hero tho.
Honestly? We can sit on here and mull over the morality of the issue all day, but it's not gonna make a damn bit of difference.

Crackers ain't worried about that shyt...and that's exactly how they stole the top spot like the thieves they are. All I'm saying is Killmonger had some excellent points and you're going out of your way to downplay them on some trifle "hero/villain" shyt. All that "can't fight fire with fire," "you'd be no better than them," "that's not the right thing" shyt...nothing but empty ass platitudes to keep people complacent you ask me.

Sure he's a villain, but as a black man if you don't understand where he's coming from or want to keep that silence, you're a bit suspect breh. Plain and simple.

And statements like "Killmonger's militant thuggery" (:meloword: ) do nothing to help your stance breh

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Saw it last night and loved it. I understand that it's a marvel/Disney movie and they have to follow the story line somewhat when it comes to the characters, but how dope would it have been if they let mbj live and had him come back on some Vegeta shyt. A lot of us relate to him better because he is us as an American

Deep down I was thinking the same thing, but killing him off was the right move. It lets the movie stand on it's own, and the gravity of this film would be compromised if he stayed alive. They wouldnt have accomplished anything. Plus MBJ in future performances wouldnt be anywhere near as dope because hed never get this kind of screentime.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deep down I was thinking the same thing, but killing him off was the right move. It lets the movie stand on it's own, and the gravity of this film would be compromised if he stayed alive. They wouldnt have accomplished anything. Plus MBJ in future performances wouldnt be anywhere near as dope because hed never get this kind of screentime.
Yeah I understand why that direction needed to be taken. And i was a lil zooted but if I understood correctly then I like how at the end t'challa kinda kept killmongers dream alive by helping out blacks around the world, just peacefully