Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
y'all killing me with this Killmonger love fest :what:

Had no problem killing Black People but he was gonna save them? :mjpls:

He was power hungry thats it. :sas2:

I thought they killed klaw bit to early... :yeshrug:

Great movie on par with Winter Soldier. :leon:

9/10
Every Black girl or woman, he either beat up and killed. No fukks given, he can buy another one. That was the part where he was a true villain

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Thats why he said that he killed his own brothers and sisters in Africa just to get to T'Challa. He was a "by any means necessary" type of adversary.

Sometimes folks gotta die to reach for the type of goal he wanted. He had his and his people's rage.

His rage was further developed by the same colonials/cacs too, we can't forget that. Especially the killing/conquering.

And T'Challa does begin to start helping others of color at the end, so all of what N'Jobu and Kilmonger's ideals were didn't completely goto waste.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
You also can't ignore that some just don't wanna be fukked with and wanna be left alone.

Knowing what Wakanda has with and developed using Vibranium would make them the target of constant wars, hence them wanting to be isolationist as well. shyt, other african tribes and countries would be warring with them too, not just the white colonials. White people waged some of the biggest wars in history versus each other. I don't see why the same shyt wouldn't happen if Wakandans did try and rule the world too.

It's not simple, but again I do wonder what it would be like to be in the position of power/privilege.....

I didn't want to shyt on everyone's parade, but this right here is key. In the movie, Killmonger comes all the way from Oakland to beef with Wakanda for not helping out black people around the globe. If Wakanda was willing to isolate itself away from other Africans, why would they give a fukk about black people off the continent? It's not like Wakanda is the African Continent. All of the power and technology and safety is hidden from OTHER Africans as well.

But again, I'm not interested in making this a beef/fukk wakanda thread. But because the character is written by an American, there is an incredible plot hole.

But again, I have to qualify this because I'm not hear to shyt on the movie, or stan lee, or ryan, or anybody. I'm trying to enjoy #blackexcellence.

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I also liked how they did M'Baku. He was a great noble rival to T'Challa. He had his disagreements with how Wakanda should be run, but he still was respectful of tradition. He could have taken the herb from his fam, but he knew the consequences that could happen.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I also liked how they did M'Baku. He was a great noble rival to T'Challa. He had his disagreements with how Wakanda should be run, but he still was respectful of tradition. He could have taken the herb from his fam, but he knew the consequences that could happen.

This.

I think they recognized that M'Baku was a fairly one-note (and potentially offensive) character, and they took the opportunity to improve him and give him some depth.

He was the character who surprised me the most. I liked the fact that despite his disagreements with T'Challa, he was able to prioritize Wakanda's internal stability over his own personal gripes.

:bpsalute:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This.

I think they recognized that M'Baku was a fairly one-note (and potentially offensive) character, and they took the opportunity to improve him and give him some depth.

He was the character who surprised me the most. I liked the fact that despite his disagreements with T'Challa, he was able to prioritize Wakanda's internal stability over his own personal gripes.

And he wanted some of the shyt is really what happened

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
I'm just waiting on some think pieces breaking down parallels between T'Challa and how blacks in America act when they get money. The mentality of knowing the others are struggling and getting oppressed and weighing that with preserving the wealth and health of his own country is easily comparable to rich blacks not wanting to fukk up their own money for their families back using their power and influence to help raise up the poor blacks.

well in reality, the challenge rich blacks have is knowing that you can't save everyone. Hell Jay-Z made 4:44 with good intentions and still had nikkas hating on him. All of us have people in our families who will fukk up any opportunity thrown their way. We also know people who are legit oppressed and would do wonders for the world if given a bone.

as much as I loved Killmonger, realistically his plan wouldn't have worked. yeah cacs would have been destroyed but it wouldn't lead to black unity. shortly thereafter blacks would be fighting themselves. I admire his ambition tho. He had the right idea but just needed to peel back on the aggression. TChalla had the right idea at the end. Basically just give people the tools to learn and fight back

the movie touches on a lot of complex issues in the black community and why solution isn't so easy.​

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah I liked dude he lost but could have easily taken the herb number 1 and number two could have easily finished off t'challa he was a og

This.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie had some good stuff going for it, but overall it was disappointment
the way the shyt been hyped up I was expecting some excellent visuals, compelling action sequences, story moved way too fast
not enough wakanda everyday life, not enough killmonger development, not enough t'challa outside of action sequences, when people said this political
I thought it would be like the BET motion comic, T'challa was far more an interesting character and so was the supporting cast.
It was cool for a superhero movie
not better than Meteor Man as a black film or superhero movie in all honesty. If black people rallied behind meteor man like this Robert Townsend who was a true boss and visionary would've built as a black film industry

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
If Killmonger tried to take over the world using force he would have had Stark, Strange and all of the remaining avengers in Wakanda trying to stop him. I dont care how advanced they were, if Vision wanted to shut that down he could pretty easily. That would not have ended well for anyone involved. T'Challa did it the right way...
What the hell are Black Widow & Hawkeye going to do?:mjlol:
Movie had some good stuff going for it, but overall it was disappointment
the way the shyt been hyped up I was expecting some excellent visuals, compelling action sequences, story moved way too fast
not enough wakanda everyday life, not enough killmonger development, not enough t'challa outside of action sequences, when people said this political
I thought it would be like the BET motion comic, T'challa was far more an interesting character and so was the supporting cast.
It was cool for a superhero movie
not better than Meteor Man as a black film or superhero movie in all honesty. If black people rallied behind meteor man like this Robert Townsend who was a true boss and visionary would've built as a black film industry
tenor.gif

Last edited: