Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
i swear i saw his name mentioned as being in the movie....if he's not, i have no problem saying i was mistaken....i'll find out in a couple months...
If the rumors about IW taking place in the 90s after dudes get washed, it would make sense that a lot of ppl who died after that would come back.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If Killmonger tried to take over the world using force he would have had Stark, Strange and all of the remaining avengers in Wakanda trying to stop him. I dont care how advanced they were, if Vision wanted to shut that down he could pretty easily. That would not have ended well for anyone involved. T'Challa did it the right way...

b7c1612abe620b5eaf98f8cd47e0b793.jpg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm just waiting on some think pieces breaking down parallels between T'Challa and how blacks in America act when they get money. The mentality of knowing the others are struggling and getting oppressed and weighing that with preserving the wealth and health of his own country is easily comparable to rich blacks not wanting to fukk up their own money for their families back using their power and influence to help raise up the poor blacks.

[Jay] keep going [/z]

We already see it on this forum where dudes are like f the hood so happy I got out etc

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
T'chaka was on his coli steeze not full Wakanda then let the little boy rot
Which wasn't right. He should've taken him in but decided to leave him an orphan. Remember that Killmonger got a DOCTORATE from MIT and he was elite in the military. Just imagine all that potential that could have been used in Wakanda.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the rumors about IW taking place in the 90s after dudes get washed, it would make sense that a lot of ppl who died after that would come back.

i thought IW was taking place in present day....capt marvel is the one taking place in the 90s...

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Isn't everyone's favorite saying around here #hyon?

How many threads are created shytting on folks who don't look black enough or because they're mixed with multiple ethnicities.

Wakanda operated from a perspective of purity. "Black people all over the world" weren't Wakandans.

Good point. Wakanda was on the HYON status forever.

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
y'all killing me with this Killmonger love fest :what:

Had no problem killing Black People but he was gonna save them? :mjpls:

He was power hungry thats it. :sas2:

I thought they killed klaw bit to early... :yeshrug:

Great movie on par with Winter Soldier. :leon:

9/10
Thats why he said that he killed his own brothers and sisters in Africa just to get to T'Challa. He was a "by any means necessary" type of adversary.

Sometimes folks gotta die to reach for the type of goal he wanted. He had his and his people's rage.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm just waiting on some think pieces breaking down parallels between T'Challa and how blacks in America act when they get money. The mentality of knowing the others are struggling and getting oppressed and weighing that with preserving the wealth and health of his own country is easily comparable to rich blacks not wanting to fukk up their own money for their families back using their power and influence to help raise up the poor blacks.

You also can't ignore that some just don't wanna be fukked with and wanna be left alone.

Knowing what Wakanda has with and developed using Vibranium would make them the target of constant wars, hence them wanting to be isolationist as well. shyt, other african tribes and countries would be warring with them too, not just the white colonials. White people waged some of the biggest wars in history versus each other. I don't see why the same shyt wouldn't happen if Wakandans did try and rule the world too.

It's not simple, but again I do wonder what it would be like to be in the position of power/privilege.....