Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
How so? The only similarities is that it has an urban setting. Luke Cage was an anti-hero that didn't care of helping the black community and inadvertently did due to wanting vengeance for Cottonmouth which was just HALF of the season. The other half was Diamondback's personal vendetta and the absurdity of making him and Luke Cage brothers with a jealous streak.

Black Lightning was an already established superhero that retired in order to try to reconcile with his family. He's a family man to which realize he was living a lie and that him being Black Lightning was his destiny which as add to the fact that his daughters are eventually going to become superheroes themselves which makes it a FAMILY affair. They are NOTHING A LIKE. Just because they both set in an urban environment and have dope music doesn't mean one trying hard to be like the other. Both premises are totally different.
Mf I don’t care about your ASSassment, the directors are CLEARLY trying to copy the formula from Luke Cage with the music and direction, damn that other shyt. DC knows how LC was a success and they are trying to mimic the same formula here, is BLATENT.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Weirdest/dumbest thing I've seen about this show is people wondering why Jeff and Lynn didn't notice the broken sink when it's clear Anissa lives by herself. It's textbook people reaching for ways to appear smarter than the show only to make themselves look dumb. :mjlol:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mf I don’t care about your ASSassment, the directors are CLEARLY trying to copy the formula from Luke Cage with the music and direction, damn that other shyt. DC knows how LC was a success and they are trying to mimic the same formula here, is BLATENT.

And again... I asked how so. Saying music as an excuse as if MANY urban shows all the way back to New York Undercover used a strong soundtrack on their shows. So, INSECURE is biting Luke Cage too? Or Luke Cage biting Guardians of the Galaxy or to keep it more on a street level old Quinton Tarantino films? Or to keep it hood or urban Boyz in the Hood or Menace to Society? Or even Friday? soundtracks to films ALWAYS there, and more so whenever it's a BLACK film or show. And especially what you mean in direction when they are NOTHING ALIKE. The only thing they have that's the same is that they are black superheroes and even how both are going about it is totally different.

You are ONLY basing it because you act as if Luke Cage is the ONLY series that used a soundtrack and is set in an urban setting.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
It's more the fact that she's gay in the comics. Now had they made her STRAIGHT with a boyfriend, you know the LGBTQ brigade would of been all over it for making her straight when she's gay in the comics. I still dunno why people have so much attention over this. I would get it had they make the whole topic of subject around her sexuality, but it's 2018 and by now everyone should be used to gay characters, in particular black gay characters. Especially people that done watched The Wire. If you didn't have issues with Greggs and Omar being gay characters on that show, why people acting brand new with any other gay character? Ya feel?

This isn't directed at you, but for people in general that are making it such an issue.
How about lets make superman and Batman both gay. You think that shyt would slide

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How about lets make superman and Batman both gay. You think that shyt would slide

Sorta of an apples and oranges comparison. But the answer is NO because they are not gay in the comics. I would agree with your complaint if someone that is straight in the comics are changed to be gay on the show. However the same applies to a character who is gay in the comics as well. Anissa Pierce is a GAY CHARACTER. That's been pre-established.

People want to keep it true to the comics, but when they do, y'all got something to complain about. Everything in the show so far is true to how it is in the comics with the except of the town's name itself.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Sorta of an apples and oranges comparison. But the answer is NO because they are not gay in the comics. I would agree with your complaint if someone that is straight in the comics are changed to be gay on the show. However the same applies to a character who is gay in the comics as well. Anissa Pierce is a GAY CHARACTER. That's been pre-established.

People want to keep it true to the comics, but when they do, y'all got something to complain about. Everything in the show so far is true to how it is in the comics with the except of the town's name itself.
You yellin into the wind, breh lol they just don't like seeing gay people on tv

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

Okay thats what talking about. Idk care if the character in the comics is already gay

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I still laugh thinking about that Season One episode where Oliver killed a whole house full of dudes. Tearing through 20+ nikkas like it was CoD and he was trying to get the tactical nuke.:russ:

Season 1 Arrow was badass.... :banderas: The Raid shoutout...

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
i'm tryin to get into this show cuz honestly the dialog and plots are interesting....but that hotel scene was some of the corniest shyt i've seen on tv in a while..

"mmmhhh...black lightning you lookin good"

"lala?...Penthouse!"

"black lightning i got you"

"i'll take the stairs"

:gucci:

then the terrible gauntlet of goons to the top where la la was at.....:mjlol:

diggin the lesbian scene tho....:ehh::noah: