Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show is fukking garbage:scusthov:

Gay agenda:camby:

Do we cannot have Anissa be like how she is in the comics.... a lesbian? :gucci:

Or you struggle to accept that in fact we HAVE GAY PEOPLE in the real world and even they need to be represented? :patrice:

I can understand a gay agenda if the were forcing her lesbianism as a statement. But complaining an "agenda" because Anissa being gay is like complaining THE WIRE has an agenda because Omar Little is gay. It's a moot point.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Al Green's Simply Beautiful:ohlawd: Black Lightning's a body charger:whoo: FreeLand's harsh realities BARZ:lupe: ATV/12 O'Clock Boys:gladbron: Youngin red shirt attack:demonic: 'I'm bout that Yolo Life':duck: Hot Lesbian:fire: Sistahs:ooh: Moms playin hard to get:steviej: School-aid schemin:heh: Summer Jam Screen'd to death:huhldup: Lawanda:rip: didn't warrant that:damn: Camera phone, the end of ya chapter:wow: The 100s ETHERized:ufdup: CaC tossed up:pachaha: Tobias:stylin: diddy bop with PAWG in tow:mjgrin: LaLa, best protect ya neck:umad: FATALITY'd - Tiger Style:banderas: "Coli" still ain't stickied this, tho:patrice:

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Protection and fear, La La. If the people of Freeland (AmeriKKKa) start to perceive we are no longer in control, then they won't fear us."

~Tobias Whale (White Supremacy)

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Nah lala was giving the show a good grounded feel to it
Whale seems to have superpowers
But yeah him having no powers makes it a bit hard to keep him as a threat to BL

Hope they bring him back somehow though

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
La La initially being a more interesting antagonist is more due to him being the more primary focus in the first two episodes. Therefore, there was more depth revealed with him being the primary focus whereas Tobias was remaining in the background. La La's character was just a means to show why Jefferson had no choice but to return back as Black Lightning, not purely due to La La's direct actions but we have to remember that La La and Lawanda were students to Garfield High and Jefferson was taking it personally that what he was doing was helping the community, and with La La and the end result of Lawanda, he takes responsibility that regardless of what he tried to do as principal, despite the high graduation rate he has (and La La did say he graduated) these peoples paths aren't guaranteed to having a positive lifestyle or conclusion. He feels he failed these people. So, La La is a person that represent that providing someone a proper education isn't enough. He still chosen the path of crime and violence.

Tobias, as of right now, appears to be your underboss that has his fingers in the middle of the criminal world. But there's a hint of complexity in his character with his views upon black people. I believe Tobias represents white supremacy and uses the means of fear and control to oppress black people. He has a especial hatred towards Black Lightning because he represents hope to the black community and if these people aren't afraid of their oppressors then they no longer have control their system be revolted. Now with La La out of the way, I am willing to bet the narrative is going to shift on the relationship between Tobias and Jefferson.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Let’s be real. Through 2 episodes, it’s better than Luke Cage. I enjoyed LC but the shyt was a little boring. If BL stays at this level, it will be way better. And to do that on the CW is quite an accomplishment.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
One thing I'm interested to see down the line is how they handle the introduction of Thunder and (possibly much later) Lightning. One thing all the CW shows have struggled with is using auxillary heroes and sidekicks in a way that is interesting and develops them as characters. Flash and Arrow only just figured it out in their most recent seasons, I feel, and Supergirl more or less ignores Martian Mahunter (most of the time) and Superman and threw Guardian to the bushes.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
AkZSc33.gif

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Let’s be real. Through 2 episodes, it’s better than Luke Cage. I enjoyed LC but the shyt was a little boring. If BL stays at this level, it will be way better. And to do that on the CW is quite an accomplishment.

The CW been capable of excellence, Supernatural up to season 5. The 100. The Vampire Diaries up to season 3. Really should've ended there or season 4. Arrow before they started pandering to fans. First couple seasons of Gossip Girl... 90210...