Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Just watched the first episode and I’m pleasantly surprised. I was afraid that the CW would make this corny by trying to pander to us but this was really good. Cautiously optimistic as I watch episode 2 now.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Episode 2 was really good. I like that CW have allowed this to be separate from the Arrowverse, from the way it’s been shot, to the soundtrack and the grittiness. I can see why people will want to compare it to Luke Cage but I honestly think the more, the merrier. It’s only been two episodes but I can feel it’s already developing its own identity.

I don’t see the big deal with the Anissa being a lesbian. If they’re staying true to the source material, then there’s nothing to complain about. And besides, you see her girlfriend?...that’s the kind of Babylon ting I can support :takedat:

EDIT: Lynn’s motivation for not wanting Black Lightning to be a hero is gonna get annoying very quickly. It’s such a micro-level of thinking that there’s no way anyone should really empathize with her.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So folks can't handle Hot Lesbian Sistahs:mjgrin:

...meanwhile, Sara smuts out chicks in every century:hubie:

Waverider needs to come thru FreeLand for the Culture:steviej:

Sara would have a field day. She'd have every chick in the city turned out and on some fiend shyt. Including Black Lightning's ex and the secretary who's got a thing for him. The "L" in Lance stands for "Lays it down"

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The first episode was dope but CW superhero shows usually have amazing first seasons but then the show runner hands over the reigns to someone else and the quality drops in later seasons.

It may have a dope 2nd season. Arrow's 2nd season was still great after an amazing 1st

I just watched the first episode of Black Lightning and it was dope. Gonna watch the 2nd one before I sleep.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns

tumblr_p2s73jn7RB1wxl8t9o8_540.gif

efeosH44_o.png

Skye-P.-Marshall:-2018-BAFTA-Los-Angeles-Tea-Party--01-662x970.jpg

1516218746262.jpg

:noah:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am mad I watched a preview clip... that was spoilery AF!!

Tobias is not EVEN the top dog of the hierarchy!! Lady Eve (Jill Scott) is his boss! :ohhh:

If this means what I think it means.... the real Illuminati cult is KOBRA :blessed: