Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The way BL used one guy as a human shield reminded me of how Arrow was back in Season 1.

yeah i hope it doesnt have the fall off
they can take this so much ways

i kind of wish the villian was white instead of that brother ali type cat

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
As much as I’m loving the show I knew they were gonna make the older daughter gay. They just have to put that shyt in any black show but it didn’t bother me and overall I really like this. The music, the females, and the dialog were on point. Wasn’t expecting the lady to get shot like that and it started to remind me of Arrow Season 1 when Ollie was merc’ing cats with arrows to the face and snapping necks.
I actually liked Laylo or whatever his name is hate to see him go. He stayed playing some old school heat in his Impala and wasn’t above killing his family.
Krondon plays a hell of a villain. I was tripping for why I didnt even recognize him at first as Tobias. Overall I'm loving the show though. The whole feel is on point.
Edit: Oh yea and his secretary at the school ...:whew: I love chocolate women and she just keeps throwing it him and he just kindly turning her down. Her and the camera man had to talk about the way she walked out of his office and how he just focused right on her..she was :ohlawd:.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They trying so hard to make it like Luke Cage and I’m a DC Stan :heh:

How so? The only similarities is that it has an urban setting. Luke Cage was an anti-hero that didn't care of helping the black community and inadvertently did due to wanting vengeance for Cottonmouth which was just HALF of the season. The other half was Diamondback's personal vendetta and the absurdity of making him and Luke Cage brothers with a jealous streak.

Black Lightning was an already established superhero that retired in order to try to reconcile with his family. He's a family man to which realize he was living a lie and that him being Black Lightning was his destiny which as add to the fact that his daughters are eventually going to become superheroes themselves which makes it a FAMILY affair. They are NOTHING A LIKE. Just because they both set in an urban environment and have dope music doesn't mean one trying hard to be like the other. Both premises are totally different.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as I’m loving the show I knew they were gonna make the older daughter gay. They just have to put that shyt in any black show but it didn’t bother me and overall I really like this. The music, the females, and the dialog were on point. Wasn’t expecting the lady to get shot like that and it started to remind me of Arrow Season 1 when Ollie was merc’ing cats with arrows to the face and snapping necks.
I actually liked Laylo or whatever his name is hate to see him go. He stayed playing some old school heat in his Impala and wasn’t above killing his family.
Krondon plays a hell of a villain. I was tripping for why I didnt even recognize him at first as Tobias. Overall I'm loving the show though. The whole feel is on point.
Edit: Oh yea and his secretary at the school ...:whew: I love chocolate women and she just keeps throwing it him and he just kindly turning her down. Her and the camera man had to talk about the way she walked out of his office and how he just focused right on her..she was :ohlawd:.

It's more the fact that she's gay in the comics. Now had they made her STRAIGHT with a boyfriend, you know the LGBTQ brigade would of been all over it for making her straight when she's gay in the comics. I still dunno why people have so much attention over this. I would get it had they make the whole topic of subject around her sexuality, but it's 2018 and by now everyone should be used to gay characters, in particular black gay characters. Especially people that done watched The Wire. If you didn't have issues with Greggs and Omar being gay characters on that show, why people acting brand new with any other gay character? Ya feel?

This isn't directed at you, but for people in general that are making it such an issue.