Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Riverdale and Dynasty probably push the limits the most.
Especially Riverdale because they are supposed to be in High School but Archie be fukking Veronica every episode:leon:
I think the Shondaland shows on ABC opened the doors for all these others to push the limit

Yep

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Because there are no gay black people in real life right? :beli:

Not to hear the coli tell it. If they are gay in real life, it's only to further the big bad scary "Agenda"

MY44x_s-200x150.gif

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Cress Williams performance fits and works BETTER than Colter's. It makes more sense is how he speaks considering he's a principal/educator and verbal activist. So how he presents himself as Jefferson Pierce as being very eloquent and highly educated makes more sense since that's HIS profession.

Luke Cage on the other hand is a goon with powers with no educational requisites in his background. But because he came out 1st, I get your argument just want to state for this character it makes more sense considering his background and how he raised his own children.
I like the fact that they made Luke Cage intelligent & articulate. Actually, most of the main African American cast is portrayed as articulate & well-versed. One of my favorite scenes was a conversation between Luke and Pops while Luke was reading a copy of Walter Mosely's Little Green (side note: Little Green is a really good book, and should be added to The Coli reading list). Even though Luke is a street cat, he still reads, plays chess, and is socially concious.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
Question. Why are cats comparing luke cage and this? Are they not alllwed to exist at the same time without it becoming a Highlander situation?
My dude I was just about to say this, why does one have to be torn down to big up the other?

They are clearly two good shows and can stand on their own merits.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I didn't even think of Luke Cage when watching this. Like they have to be compared because its about black superheroes?

Luke Cage was dope (until the cottonmouth bs.. Everyone knows what im talking about). But despite being similar, there are way different elements in both shows.

The first episode of this was just ok. I guess it was because it was the pilot episode. The 2nd more was more polished and felt more like a movie more than anything. The soundtrack was better, acting, story became a lil more interesting, less cheesy, etc.