Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Also love the detail they're giving to every relationship and everyones point of view. Most superhero shows don't do a good job at really explaining where the significant other is coming from and what their issue is with the main hero. Especially if they don't want them to do the hero thing. But in this show? I get it. I get why Lynn doesn't want Jefferson back in the streets and she's not wrong. But Jefferson isn't wrong for wanting to be black lightning either. Like I said, it's a lot more nuanced than I'm used to with these CW joints. Flash never holds Barry's feet to the fire until the last episode of the season, and Arrow, while often reminding us how Oliver was a screw up and makes mistakes even as green arrow, the show normally comes down on his side (unless felicity is involved :russ:) but Black Lightning isn't saying either one of them are wrong or right.

That peter is a lil too pushy tho when he's talking to jefferson about bringing black lightning back.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Your last point says more about the fans than the shows. That’s immature shyt
It is, but that's how these fan bases are. They somehow want well written stories and characters who can go about their business unabated by, ya know, character developement and interpersonal conflict.

I think it's why so many of the CW shows rely on the tried and true "you lied to me!" bullshyt for character conflict. It seems to be the only way to make the medicine go down.

Hrcules

ayyy
Daps
Lol them parents in the Facebook comments was mad as hell about the lesbian scene. "but but but my kids shouldn't be seeing this:stopitslime:". It comes on at 9 pm so your kids should be in bed not watching TV.
shyt is on netflix b

My lil cousin saw it on netflix i got home and started watching it with her.. soon as that scene came up i got pissed

fukk adding all these lgbqt shyt to superhero shows, say all you want but super heros are for kids, enough shoving this shyt down our throats

Demonic shyt. Wont keep watching even if i wanted to support

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
shyt is on netflix b

My lil cousin saw it on netflix i got home and started watching it with her.. soon as that scene came up i got pissed

fukk adding all these lgbqt shyt to superhero shows, say all you want but super heros are for kids, enough shoving this shyt down our throats

his daughter is a lesbian in the comics.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
shyt is on netflix b

This show has people getting shot point blank in the head and in the chest. This isn’t for kids. Not all comic books or superheroes are for kids. If you go to a comic book store that’s obvious within a few min of walking around

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This show has people getting shot point blank in the head and in the chest. This isn’t for kids. Not all comic books or superheroes are for kids. If you go to a comic book store that’s obvious within a few min of walking around

They had muthafukking green arrow killing muthfukkas in cold blood the first episode and people still think it was for kids... it's tv-MA for a reason...:russ:

This aint ya daddy's comics.... :demonic: No one can know my secret...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They had muthafukking green arrow killing muthfukkas in cold blood the first episode and people still think it was for kids... it's tv-MA for a reason...:russ:

Also that:russ: but yeah it’s for kids.

Someone getting shot point blank with a gun or an arrow to the head is cool. Along with blood splattering. But :whoa: when it comes to someone gay

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved Black Lightning going to get LaLa and the old heads already knowing what was up.

Doorman: Black Lightning. My man.:myman:

BL: Where's LaLa?:birdman:

Doorman: Top Floor. Penthouse.:blessed:

Also, Jennifer's boyfriend is going to turn bad or die. Homeboy is acting way too nice and perfect.

I don't think he'll turn bad, because he lived through those hard times. But, him dying which help Jennifer to manifest her powers, I can see that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think he'll turn bad, because he lived through those hard times. But, him dying which help Jennifer to manifest her powers, I can see that.

Yeah he definitely comes across as a sacrificial lamb. Too good for this world type. And those types never last

reigun

Superstar
Daps

I still laugh thinking about that Season One episode where Oliver killed a whole house full of dudes. Tearing through 20+ nikkas like it was CoD and he was trying to get the tactical nuke.:russ: