Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
i didnt expect them to really show some intimate lesbian shyt but they did lol..keep in mind i havent watched a show on the CW in a long ass time so i dont know if thats the norm

they showed Snart kissing Ray twice during the crossover ... and damn Sara be going in ... and so did Alex on supergirl .... and those come on at 8 so I don't see why the shock ... (I don't mean from you .. talking in general)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they showed Snart kissing Ray twice during the crossover ... and damn Sara be going in ... and so did Alex on supergirl .... and those come on at 8 so I don't see why the shock ... (I don't mean from you .. talking in general)

Sara even smashed Alex on Supergirl and got her all in her feelings. Sara is the straight up hoe of the Arrowverse.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
i didnt expect them to really show some intimate lesbian shyt but they did lol..keep in mind i havent watched a show on the CW in a long ass time so i dont know if thats the norm
Riverdale and Dynasty probably push the limits the most.
Especially Riverdale because they are supposed to be in High School but Archie be fukking Veronica every episode:leon:
I think the Shondaland shows on ABC opened the doors for all these others to push the limit

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
technically ALL comic book stuff and SW and others have a layer of corniness to them... but our ability to enjoy something and not focus on the disbelief or unrealism takes that corniness away..

yea but that's not the corniness i'm talking about. it's the typical black show corniness. more of a pet peeve of mine than anything when it comes to black shows. white folks show just get to be in any realm and have another level of disbelief. black folk shows don't. always have to have the social commentary to go with it. I know why they throw it in there but I see it everyday let me watch this and escape from it. It gets annoying to me after awhile.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Loved Black Lightning going to get LaLa and the old heads already knowing what was up.

Doorman: Black Lightning. My man.:myman:

BL: Where's LaLa?:birdman:

Doorman: Top Floor. Penthouse.:blessed:

Also, Jennifer's boyfriend is going to turn bad or die. Homeboy is acting way too nice and perfect.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
yea but that's not the corniness i'm talking about. it's the typical black show corniness. more of a pet peeve of mine than anything when it comes to black shows. white folks show just get to be in any realm and have another level of disbelief. black folk shows don't. always have to have the social commentary to go with it. I know why they throw it in there but I see it everyday let me watch this and escape from it. It gets annoying to me after awhile.

I got you... I think ... its more of the "black show" must show something positive and teach type of thing instead of just being a show..

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
If they don't, critics and viewers go in on it like "They shy away and gloss over the REAL issues" and shyt. Writers can't win either way :yeshrug:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
yeah i agree but do it more creatively so it doesn't seem so forced. it makes too many black written shows blend together. IMO

got you... but funny .. it never felt forced on the Cosby Show not even the Parenthood.... its like todays writing goes out of its to show positive blacks that it comes off phony at times..
Luke Cage has it some but I think it was on purpose because they were paying homage to the Blaxploitation era

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
got you... but funny .. it never felt forced on the Cosby Show not even the Parenthood.... its like todays writing goes out of its to show positive blacks that it comes off phony at times..
Luke Cage has it some but I think it was on purpose because they were paying homage to the Blaxploitation era

yep that's cause they just showed it. they'd hit on it sometimes but it wasn't an every episode all episode thing