Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Nah I think it was perfect timing to set black lightning up against the real villain which is tobias. Plus Tobias is connected to a criminal underworld which is going to come in later in the show.
Dude who plays lala is a good actor
They got rid of him way too soon

This is what I meant.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
lala dead doesn't necessarily mean he's done

this ain't real life

motherfukkers come back from the dead all the time b

It was kinda weird how he died.
-does tobias have powers. I know it looked like he was choking him, but at the same time i couldnt really tell if he was doing something else to him :patrice:

Overall im feeling the show. Im glad they’re focusing more on building the characters and the world, rather than mostly action.

They gotta work on those fight scenes tho.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the cast is black

but the vibe is there are euro hands in the pot

they be forcing the fukk outta some of this shyt

The showrunners are black. And you find it ODD that the arch-villain is on some Mr. Yakub shyt? ESPECIALLY since he's ALBINO? Instead of tripping off him saying "darkies", actually pay attention to why he stated it. He has a devil mentality to oppress his own people. This was DEFINITELY not by some Euro hands in the pot, they would of tried to be political correct and non-controversial and claim it's "not about race" or try to have deniability. His ideology is deeper than that.... he calling them "new slaves" that think they're free. And they're not.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
It was kinda weird how he died.
-does tobias have powers. I know it looked like he was choking him, but at the same time i couldnt really tell if he was doing something else to him :patrice:

Overall im feeling the show. Im glad they’re focusing more on building the characters and the world, rather than mostly action.

They gotta work on those fight scenes tho.
yeah lifting a grown man up by the neck with one hand and choking him to death is a little different

yeah it's more drama than od fight sequences

they gotta watch the budget jahahahahaa

The showrunners are black. And you find it ODD that the arch-villain is on some Mr. Yakub shyt? ESPECIALLY since he's ALBINO? Instead of tripping off him saying "darkies", actually pay attention to why he stated it. He has a devil mentality to oppress his own people. This was DEFINITELY not by some Euro hands in the pot, they would of tried to be political correct and non-controversial and claim it's "not about race" or try to have deniability. His ideology is deeper than that.... he calling them "new slaves" that think they're free. And they're not.

not even thinking that deep

for me it was just the way they try to cram too much stuff they think is culturally relevant

it's a little corny and try hard at certain points is all

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Lol them parents in the Facebook comments was mad as hell about the lesbian scene. "but but but my kids shouldn't be seeing this:stopitslime:". It comes on at 9 pm so your kids should be in bed not watching TV.

Mind dropping pics of that scene? :sas2:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I think it had to do with him being albino and probably being made fun and bullied as a child because of it. He probably internalized it and now that he's older and got power he's lashing out. They might dig deeper into his past throughout the season.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
They're definitely not saying 'nikka" on the CW, thats why they said "negro" instead.

i didnt expect them to really show some intimate lesbian shyt but they did lol..keep in mind i havent watched a show on the CW in a long ass time so i dont know if thats the norm