Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Is Donald Trump's base growing? Has he convinced anyone outside of MAGA that he is doing a good job? Has any Republican candidates in The House of Representatives, Governors, or senators that took support of Trump, won anything post 2016?

If people go out and vote in 2008 numbers and apply the "Sledgehammer on ants" mentality, Trump is gone. Your state flipped from a (R) to a (D) in governorship and the House of R's. Voter suppression only happens in states with a Republican governor. People are pissed off at this pandemic and you underestimate anything out of Trump's base.

That's a big "if" considering the enthusiasm gap between Biden supporters and Trump (or 2008 Obama) supporters.

As far as 2018, yeah Michigan went blue but quite frankly Trump wasn't on the ballot and any Dem would've won the governorship because of Snyder's unpopularity. You should be careful to read TOO much into midterms though. Let's not forget 2010 being TERRIBLE for Dems and then Obama still getting reelected.

Still, I think Biden might be able to pull it out :ehh: but I hate that Dems are looking at polls thinking they have an advantage. Reeks of 2016.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Donald Trump's base growing? Has he convinced anyone outside of MAGA that he is doing a good job? Has any Republican candidates in The House of Representatives, Governors, or senators that took support of Trump, won anything post 2016?

If people go out and vote in 2008 numbers and apply the "Sledgehammer on ants" mentality, Trump is gone. Your state flipped from a (R) to a (D) in governorship and the House of R's. Voter suppression only happens in states with a Republican governor. People are pissed off at this pandemic and you underestimate anything out of Trump's base.
this is how ive been looking at it :ehh:

trump is always gonna have 40 percent of america. the question is are more of the remaining 60 willing to vote for biden instead of hillary. the answer to that question is obviously yes :yeshrug: its just a matter of how many

i mean show me someone who voted for hillary in 2016, and that person will obviously vote for biden in 2020. but there's tons of people who didnt vote for hillary, and will now vote for biden. biden has all 66 million clinton voters...plus a couple million more

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
That's a big "if" considering the enthusiasm gap between Biden supporters and Trump (or 2008 Obama) supporters.

As far as 2018, yeah Michigan went blue but quite frankly Trump wasn't on the ballot and any Dem would've won the governorship because of Snyder's unpopularity. You should be careful to read TOO much into midterms though. Let's not forget 2010 being TERRIBLE for Dems and then Obama still getting reelected.

Still, I think Biden might be able to pull it out :ehh: but I hate that Dems are looking at polls thinking they have an advantage. Reeks of 2016.

Seeing what people like Ben Wikler just pulled off in Wisconsin and the general sense of urgency that party chairs have been talking about, I don't think its like 2016 at all.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

The pandemic is an existential crisis. The urgency to vote Trump out never been higher, because the people that sat out or voted 3rd party in 2016, are def gonna vote for Biden in 2020. This even gotten a lot of people being registered voters for the first time ever. And on top of the economy, this made people even more urgent to go out and vote. The Midwest is done with Trump, and people are going to go out and vote.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Seeing what people like Ben Wikler just pulled off in Wisconsin and the general sense of urgency that party chairs have been talking about, I don't think its like 2016 at all.

Agreed. People keep bringing up enthusiasm but we have watched Biden out perform Clinton in nearly each primary (in terms of turnout). Wisconsin came out to vote during a pandemic. People are mad and scared. Biden is merely the avatar, the focus is on getting rid of Trump.

If Trump keeps imploding and fukking over states we could be looking at a 2008 type blowout.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
you seem to be very Anti democratic candidate And our vision and goals but don’t have that same energy for trump or the rnc. :unimpressed:

you and @A Cop havent said anything negative about trump.

just say your trump fans.

#trumpset was bound to show up in here sooner or later
Well a cop is berniewood so we know how that goes

my boy jay is still just salty about Bernie so he and a few others are doing that thing where they complain about/tear down Biden to “keep him honest”. He’ll get over it eventually, some of them will continue however so I don’t address them

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Trump's problems are of his own making. The coronavirus response was a disaster but it's compounded by his tariffs that killed farming profits and hurt trade, 2017 tax cuts that screwed Americans long term, politicized the courts and tainted the Constitution, hired via nepotism, cronyism and corruption. It's like everything that was predicted to happen when he became POTUS happened, snowballed into a raging inferno. One thing he did show was the powerlessness of Congress when it's controlled by his party and how useless the Constitution is. He laid the groundwork for future Dems to abuse the office and walk Scott free unless the Republicans hold both Chambers. He'll go down as the WOAT

A Cop

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. People keep bringing up enthusiasm but we have watched Biden out perform Clinton in nearly each primary (in terms of turnout). Wisconsin came out to vote during a pandemic. People are mad and scared. Biden is merely the avatar, the focus is on getting rid of Trump.

If Trump keeps imploding and fukking over states we could be looking at a 2008 type blowout.

:mindblown:

"We've got to elect Biden!"

Okay, will you phonebank for him?

"No."

:deadrose:

This isn't just an enthusiasm problem. Dems are making the EXACT same mistake they made in 2016 by assuming they'll win.

:why:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't think so, that's a dumb take. To act like the election is decided now is dumb. I don't know who is going to win, I'm not making any predictions. But to say only 'Biden will win' predictions are the only ones allowed on the board otherwise you want Trump to win is corny and not @ all an accurate take IMO. If you disagree with what I just said, tell my why instead of making accusations.
I don’t think that the election has already been decided. You post just always look like they have a troll tone to them.:yeshrug: