Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that Biden wins PA & MI. Michigan has turned heavily against Trump, according to most polls.

Also, Joe was born in Pennsylvania (Scranton) and when he was a senator he was often referred to as "Pennsylvania's third senator". Pennsylvanians like him much more than Hillary.

The biggest question mark is Wisconsin.
He needs to win PA, MI and either one of WI and AZ to get to 270.

His best path to securing 270 is defending the Hillary map and winning PA, MI, WI.

you guys need to start paying attention to Minnesota. Biden is just +3 there...

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ql00P

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
Is Pennsylvania the only swing state Biden needs to win? Too lazy too check.
He has to hold the Clinton states and pick up PA, Michigan, and one of either Wisconsin, NC, Arizona, or Florida. Biden already has about 218 of the 270 needed locked in. If he keeps Minnesota, and wins PA, Michigan, and Wisconsin, he wins.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
He needs to win PA, MI and either one of WI and AZ to get to 270.

His best path to securing 270 is defending the Hillary map and winning PA, MI, WI.

I think Arizona is already lost. Don't think there's gonna be a ton of ballot splitting for that senate seat.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
We haven't seen consistent and reputable (the most important factor) polls that show Biden in serious danger in MN. Most of the polls from MN that have come out were either Republican pollsters or average/mediocre pollsters. We haven't really seen highly-rated pollsters do MN yet in the past month.

@Reality Check @Chef Mello @the next guy

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
We haven't seen consistent and reputable (the most important factor) polls that show Biden in serious danger in MN. Most of the polls from MN that have come out were either Republican pollsters or average/mediocre pollsters. We haven't really seen highly-rated pollsters do MN yet in the past month.

All I'm saying is he shouldnt ignore it

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I think Arizona is already lost. Don't think there's gonna be a ton of ballot splitting for that senate seat.
I think its tilt Biden. Kelly seems primed to limp Biden over the finishing line.
Arizona President: general election Polls

GOP pollsters have Trump up within the margin of error. Biden leads in the others.

you guys need to start paying attention to Minnesota. Biden is just +3 there...
ive been saying that. yes MN mostly always goes blue but its too close to ignore regardless of historical results
Hillary won Minnesota by only 45k votes. I think Biden wins Minnesota but it'll be close

Like @King Static X said, the Emerson poll had Biden up by 3. Morning Consult has Biden up by 3. PPP on July 31 had Biden up by 10. The FOX News poll in July had Biden up 13.

Minnesota President: general election Polls

Biden is running advertisements in Minnesota. Its part of the $280M digital and TV ad spending they're doing for the 90 day stretch run. So, unlike Hillary, he's going to be spending resources there.

Also, Ilhan Omar's district is absolutely critical. In 2016, Keith Ellison's turnout operation there was one of the big reasons Hillary was able to win the state by 45,000 votes.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

I think Biden still wins Minnesota but I posted the figures to show how close it actually was in 2016. The "he's not HIllary" factor that Biden has is going to help.