Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, Biden already has condemned rioters and looters.

If Biden were to say "protest however you choose" - that statement alone might make him lose the election. It would be a gift-wrapped present for Trump & the Republicans. They would repeat it endlessly in ads from now until November 3rd.
i feel like it would be so easy for the dems to double down on it. one strong statement/video from biden, pelosi and schumer that "we condemn violent rioting and property damage". is that really that hard? :snoop:

and then these pieces of shyt on the right don't have that talking point anymore. it's literally the cornerstone of trump's campaign right now :dead:he's failed on the virus, he's failed on the economy, but he's pointing to portland and saying "look at this shyt". we really can't just take that away from him in one strong statement/effort?

i'm just trying to read the country and win this fukkin election

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i don't...are you actually trying to act like that's who did the majority of the damage to these cities? :laff:

i'm done, you win. the dems' refusal to condemn rioting and damaging property is an awesome campaign strategy. let's keep gift wrapping that talking point to the republicans :salute:it's not like they're desperate and using it as a lifeline for trump. fukk taking it away from them, let's just keep letting them have it

You and @Pressure are both right in a way.

Really Biden needs to show empathy while reminding people who may be rioting and looting that while injustice is present and it sucks as humans we must strive to be better.

There are people who are rioting and looting for fun.

There are people burning down police stations because they are tired of black folks being shot.

Biden needs to be able to speak to both. A blanket condemnation will not work and neither will acquiescing.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You and @Pressure are both right in a way.

Really Biden needs to show empathy while reminding people who may rioting and looting that while injustice is present and it sucks as humans we must strive to be better.

There are people who are rioting and looting for fun.

There are people burning down police stations because they are tired of black folks being shot.

Biden needs to be able to speak to both. A blanket condemnation will not work and neither will acquiescing.
i get where he's coming from, obviously. im strictly speaking from a general, "what are the pundits saying" view of the election

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i get where he's coming from, obviously. im strictly speaking from a general, "what are the pundits saying" view of the election
I get that. But Biden needs to be very careful how he words it. As a soundbite interpreted incorrectly puts him in under unnecessary pressure.

If nothing else he needs and answer for Trump, who will raise it, and he needs to show empathy so he can draw the correct contrast.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You'd have to find me evidence of such. People were saying the same about the George Floyd protests and the opposite happened.

The problem with this argument is that all of this stuff happening NOW. Under Trump. And he's not fixing it.

yeah, I don’t buy that the protests are having a negative impact on dems. if anything, Biden’s lead in polls blew up after the protests kicked off in late may/June

this election is all about turnout. the numbers are such that there is an overwhelming lead in dem vs republican support just based on demographics - it’s just about getting them to vote. to me, anybody actually “on the fence“ right now is a down-low republican who will end up voting for trump anyways - fukk convincing those types

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
You folks would need to tell me but that sheer volume seems much to deny as fraud. Trump has lost Pennsylvania.

6M people voted in 2016 in Pennsylvania. Hopefully people in the next month and a half really get out there, vote, and drop their ballots off at drop locations instead of putting them in the mail.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
i don't...are you actually trying to act like that's who did the majority of the damage to these cities? :laff:

i'm done, you win. the dems' refusal to condemn rioting and damaging property is an awesome campaign strategy. let's keep gift wrapping that talking point to the republicans :salute:it's not like they're desperate and using it as a lifeline for trump. fukk taking it away from them, let's just keep letting them have it
Now I see why you don't make over 60k. You can't read.

If you see, ':police' or 'police:' it means those statements are being attributed to the police.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I get that. But Biden needs to be very careful how he words it. As a soundbite interpreted incorrectly puts him in under unnecessary pressure.

If nothing else he needs and answer for Trump, who will raise it, and he needs to show empathy so he can draw the correct contrast.
The answer is, they need to arrest and convict these officers.

You want the protest to stop.

Ddo the right thing.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now I see why you don't make over 60k. .
all good, i guarantee im worth more than you liquid. no need to get into that though
If you see, ':police' or 'police:' it means those statements are being attributed to the police.
what :heh:

look, i already told you you were right about this. the dems should keep letting the republicans have this talking point, instead of doubling down on a simple condemnation of property damage. it's a great strategy

when you went from "peaceful protesting" to "people can protest however they want", you literally proved my point :mjlol: