Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Is Pennsylvania the only swing state Biden needs to win? Too lazy too check.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Is Pennsylvania the only swing state Biden needs to win? Too lazy too check.

He needs to win PA, MI and either one of WI and AZ to get to 270.

His best path to securing 270 is defending the Hillary map and winning PA, MI, WI.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I think that Biden wins PA & MI. Michigan has turned heavily against Trump, according to most polls.

Also, Joe was born in Pennsylvania (Scranton) and when he was a senator he was often referred to as "Pennsylvania's third senator". Pennsylvanians like him much more than Hillary.

The biggest question mark is Wisconsin.

Daps

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
look, i already told you you were right about this. the dems should keep letting the republicans have this talking point, instead of doubling down on a simple condemnation of property damage. it's a great strategy

when you went from "peaceful protesting" to "people can protest however they want", you literally proved my point :mjlol:

People can protest however they want. Charlotte has been having riots and protests since 2016 and it hasn't helped Republicans on the state or local level.

People are baked in their views for the most part.

I put in around 12 miles last night. There were multiple violent clashes. There has been property damage, but honestly Covid has done more harm. To the cities than protests.

People don't really care anymore.

There were also moments where people were sitting there eating while the the police and protestors were clashing outside midnight dinner.

It makes good TV, but most people just accept it as part of the new normal. :yeshrug:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You and @Pressure are both right in a way.

Really Biden needs to show empathy while reminding people who may be rioting and looting that while injustice is present and it sucks as humans we must strive to be better.

There are people who are rioting and looting for fun.

There are people burning down police stations because they are tired of black folks being shot.

Biden needs to be able to speak to both. A blanket condemnation will not work and neither will acquiescing.

the problem is everything is so divisive so the fact Trump has condemned rioters means Biden almost feels he has to let people who have nothing to do with the real cause riot and burn down small businesses because if he condemns them then Trump will say I told you so.

I’m not saying that’s a good reason for Biden to ignore those people and not condemn them in just saying why I think he hasn’t

Daps
Due to the recent police shooting, if Trump sends agents to Kenosha and ensues even more violence, will that shyt hurt or help him?

The real question is “How many times does he keep rallying the same group of people who never waver before we really stop giving a fukk?” It’s the same group of people every single fukking time.

It’s going to hurt him with any reasonable person. Anybody who was voting for Biden or on the fence and then Trump sends federal agents into another town and they swim back to Trump was going to do the same thing when it was time to cast a ballot.

Meanwhile, their willpower lowers by the day, meanwhile if we don’t give the ones that are left the attention they do desperately crave even more will peel away. Even the people who had devoted their lives and energy to this imbecile but try to hide behind some label or stance (Both sides, libertarian, independent, etc) they’ve commandeered are peeling away.

Grievance, Hype, Back down (if he can’t get away with it), Excuse, Pivot. It’s draining to them. It’s about keeping pressure on Trump. fukk whomever flocks to him, because now there aren’t enough of them if we all show up.

I’m only worried about if he does send agents and what they do, not how some loser who is invested in whatever Trump is selling will feel about it. I’m here for if they want to change their minds just for this election because I want their vote and past that...... fukk em.