Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
How is that the takeaway you got from that post?

He's literally pointing out the hypocrisy in Trump railing against mail-in voting but requesting a mail-in ballot himself.
:dahell: who gives a shyt about Trump's hypocrisy or what method he, as an individual, is using to vote, we're talking about the structural integrity of the entire election. Biden is saying "voting by mail is safe and secure" when at this very moment literally the USPS just told 45 states that they can't guarantee their mail-in ballots will be counted and DeJoy's cronies are destroying machines in swing states.

Biden absolutely cannot guarantee that vote by mail is safe and secure right now, that shouldn't be the Dem messaging. It should be focused on arresting the arsonists and putting out the fire before telling people it's safe to go inside.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: who gives a shyt about Trump's hypocrisy or what method he, as an individual, is using to vote, we're talking about the structural integrity of the entire election. Biden is saying "voting by mail is safe and secure" when at this very moment literally the USPS just told 45 states that they can't guarantee their mail-in ballots will be counted and DeJoy's cronies are destroying machines in swing states.

Biden absolutely cannot guarantee that vote by mail is safe and secure right now, that shouldn't be the Dem messaging. It should be focused on arresting the arsonists and putting out the fire before telling people it's safe to go inside.

The whole point of that tweet is that if mail-in voting *isn't* safe and secure, why would Trump request a mail-in ballot himself? It's clearly meant to point out Trump's open corruption. That's fundamentally different from "go and send out your mail-in ballots."

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
The National Association of Letter Carriers has endorsed Joe Biden and Kamala Harris for president and vice president and warned that Trump is jeopardizing the Postal Service.

Fredric Rolando, president of the National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC) said in a statement:

On behalf of nearly 300,000 active and retired letter carriers, we are proud to endorse Vice President Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to lead this country as president and vice president.

Vice President Biden is – was – and will continue to be – a fierce ally and defender of the United States Postal Service (USPS), letter carriers, and our fellow postal brothers and sisters.
Trump's War On Mail Backfires As Postal Workers Union Endorses Biden

King Kreole

Daps
The whole point of that tweet is that if mail-in voting *isn't* safe and secure, why would Trump request a mail-in ballot himself? It's clearly meant to point out Trump's open corruption. That's fundamentally different from "go and send out your mail-in ballots."
If that's really his intent with that messaging, then it sucks even more ass than I thought. He's making a convoluted point at perhaps the most critical juncture in modern history for American democracy just to get in another own on Trump? :gucci:

Is Biden saying mail-in ballots are secure because even the President is still using it, or is he saying it's not secure because Trump's corruption is destroying the integrity of the USPS?...A rhetorical question is supposed to be obvious, and I genuinely don't know the answer to the one Biden is asking...I don't know why Trump would request a mail-in ballot, he's an absolute idiot, I don't see what bearing it has on whether or not the USPS is secure right now...

Look at that Barack tweet a couple posts up, that's good messaging. Clear, direct instructions, not playing rhetorical games to score owns at a critical point. :obama:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If that's really his intent with that messaging, then it sucks even more ass than I thought.

It's not convoluted at all. The point is to show full confidence in government institutions ie "The mail system works". I guarantee you he's sticking with that message.

Most likely you'll see Kamala,Congress, and states handle messaging about investigations and how to vote.

King Kreole

Daps
It's not convoluted at all. The point is to show full confidence in government institutions ie "The mail system works". I guarantee you he's sticking with that message.

Most likely you'll see Kamala, Senate, and House handle messaging about investigations and how to vote.
Then my original point stands, saying "the mail system works :smugbiden:" right now while the USPS is saying "uhh nah we don't :whoa:" is incredibly reckless and playing right into Trump's hands. There should no confidence in Trump-run government institutions.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Then my original point stands, saying "the mail system works :smugbiden:" right now while the USPS is saying "uhh nah we don't :whoa:" is incredibly reckless and playing right into Trump's hands. There should no confidence in Trump-run government institutions.
You can't message that breh. Absolutely not.

You can address Trump messing with the office and that its capable of normal operation, but never show no confidence. They are supposed to be president agnostic.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Not at all. It probably seemed like a good idea when everyone still thought Trump wouldn't win. Dems also thought they'd get a slim Senate majority.

Its terrible in hindsight.
So you quoted me to reiterate what the tweet and article already said? Riveting.

Nah its not simple

Context matters

Generic response. The context was given and the situation was pretty simple considering who controlled the Senate, well all of Congress, at the time.