Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
so trump's brother just got hospitalized :banderas:

if he gets the coronavirus and dies from "the democrats' new hoax" that was "just going to go away when it gets warm", trump is going to look like a fukking monster
Trump cut his deceased brother's newborn grandchild's health care to screw his brother's children out of their share of his father's inheritance. He won't look like a monster.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Let me guess, no Michigan football I assume?

Harbaugh.gif
He was projected to have trouble in Michigan regardless...

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Ah okay.

Is that supposed to absolve him? Everything you wrote is either listed in the tweet and/or the article itself.

It's pretty simple, either Sanders blocked the package of appointees, which you don't seem to be disputing, or he didn't. If he did, then, yes, the current situation is in part his fault. The author's background is irrelvant in this context.

Here's a WaPo article that frames Sanders as a postal "champion" mentioning Sanders blocked those appointees.

Here's an NALC post that mentioned the same package not being able to advance because of two appointees.

Not at all. It probably seemed like a good idea when everyone still thought Trump wouldn't win. Dems also thought they'd get a slim Senate majority.

Its terrible in hindsight.

EDIT: just saw the records of 3 of the nominees. :scust: I understand now why Bernie blocked them

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@intra vires

Bernie’s longtime Senate advisor

Blaming Bernie is such a cop out.

Why didn’t the Dems full this shid out when they had the Senate before 2015???

Why are we arguing this? Hindsight is a slippery slope that ignores the issue. Tump is destroying the USPS so let's blame Bernie?

C'mon guys.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
20 years of hate that’s why the Dems totally missed the mark in 2016 letting her have next when they should have ran Biden instead
I thought he opted not to run because of Beau's death. Hillary was just a terrible candidate, the Michigan primary loss was the first major sign. She was far better than Trump, but democrat voter's standards are higher than the GOP. I thought Kasich was the best GOP candidate in '16 but oh well.