Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This is a warning sign. Too many people on here are overconfident.
Why Biden’s Polling Lead vs. Trump Isn’t as Solid as It Looks
It was always going to be a tight race.

Incumbents are always at an advantage. Trump's base really doesn't care what he does. White non-college educated males are still a huge demographic and still overwhelmingly support Trump.

But...I think Biden is going to capture enough voters that wouldn't vote for Hillary to change the tide. That and I don't think the external factors will be kind to Trump by then. But we'll see. Looooong way to go.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
This is a warning sign. Too many people on here are overconfident.
Why Biden’s Polling Lead vs. Trump Isn’t as Solid as It Looks

The thing that concerns me is the Trump campaign has turned out the vote in record numbers in the GOP primaries where... they only had Bill Weld to run against.

It seems to me they're flexing their muscle in that they have found new voters to turn out and that they have enthusiasm. But the bad news for them is that Trump has a ceiling in the swing states...

F K

All Star
Daps
The thing that concerns me is the Trump campaign has turned out the vote in the GOP primaries where... they only had Bill Weld to run against.

It seems to me they're flexing their muscle in that they have found new voters to turn out and that they have enthusiasm. But the bad news for them is that Trump has a ceiling in the swing states...
they were setting record numbers in basically an uncontested primary :sadcam:

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Bernard is a class act. All these endorsements are going to be rolled out going forward. I’d expect Obama to get involved by May.

Make no mistake, if you’re a millennial, this is the most important vote of your lifetime. Don’t be one of those people that led to Reagan or Bush II. Progressives are winning. This is not the time to despair. Think about where we were just 5 years ago on policy.

People said that 4 years ago. People say that every year :unimpressed:

But then I'm much closer to understand why the vast majority of Americans are disengaged from politics.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Progressives are winning. This is not the time to despair. Think about where we were just 5 years ago on policy.
No they aren't
:mjlol:

Progressive movement is all but dead and none of those supposed progressive policies will ever see the light of day.

It's time to move on, may they rest in peace.
:wow:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No they aren't

Progressive movement is all but dead and none of those supposed progressive policies will ever see the light of day.

Hmmm . . . this is interesting. I don't think this is the case. People still want the policies but the politicians have to change strategy. The ones who were all defiant and acting in opposition to the party have to change strategy. But people like Khana, Lee, Jayapal are Progressive but don't shyt on their fellow Dems. The squad and Bernie gonna have to go that route.

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No they aren't

How can you say it’s dead before the elections?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hmmm . . . this is interesting. I don't think this is the case. People still want the policies but the politicians have to change strategy. The ones who were all defiant and acting in opposition to the party have to change strategy. But people like Khana, Lee, Jayapal are Progressive but don't shyt on their fellow Dems. The squad and Bernie gonna have to go that route.

Bernie endorsed Biden!