Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

God Almighty

Your Lord
Daps
honestly, i'm stunned at how confident a lot of you are. especially this far out. especially after what happened last election. high on all these polls.

the gop's active voter suppression, foreign interference, barr in trump's pocket...etc. i dunno man.

stop thinking it's in the bag. stop being so comfortable. if you want him out you can't put this shyt on cruise control. keep your hands on the wheel and do everything you can to get where you wanna go.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
honestly, i'm stunned at how confident a lot of you are. especially this far out. especially after what happened last election. high on all these polls.

the gop's active voter suppression, foreign interference, barr in trump's pocket...etc. i dunno man.

stop thinking it's in the bag. stop being so comfortable. if you want him out you can't put this shyt on cruise control. keep your hands on the wheel and do everything you can to get where you wanna go.
The only thing that can prevent Trump losing is COVID...

I am 100% sure Rethgulicans are betting on leveraging COVID to suppress the vote, hence why they've spent the summer allowing the virus to run rampant across the country while doing their best Baghdad Bob impersonation...They are also working hard to block mail in voting...

Congress has to approve postponing the election which isn't happening...Rethuglicans just want low Dem voter turnout though...Their voters, the rural dumbfukk red neck sister fukking trailer park trash murikkka will show up to the polls...It's the cities where Dems get the bulk of the votes Rethuglicans want to suppress and COVID will most certainly play a roll in that...

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
what may still be underestimated is the sheer level of trump cheating and fukkery he can do to try and stay in power

when he knows he can go to jail and his shyt ass kids - and if he even cares - the R party can be ruined for potentially a long time - there's no telling what he can try

Just How Far Can Trump Go in an Emergency?

Trump will be tempted to draw on the far-reaching and hidden powers that are the legacy of the Cold War. When he invoked the Stafford Act and the National Emergencies Act in mid-March, Trump claimed, “I have the right to do a lot of things that people don’t even know about.” Alas, Trump is right about this. The “presidential emergency action documents” that he’s inherited and also new ones he could issue are a storehouse of extra-constitutional authority.
Writing in The New York Times in April, Elizabeth Goitein and Andrew Boyle, both at the Brennan Center for Justice, noted, “It is not far-fetched to think that we might see the deployment of these documents for the first time and that they will assert presidential powers beyond those granted by Congress or recognized by the courts as flowing from the Constitution.”

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Sounds like Nate Silver still has PTSD over how wrong he was in 2016.

He wasn't wrong. From what I remember, 538 gave Trump a greater chance than anyone.

Regardless, Trump still has a 20-25% chance to win right now. That's doesn't mean Biden is a sure lock, there's no such thing. The probability just points to him winning at this point.:yeshrug:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
It seems that everything is pointing in Biden ‘s favor but....ugh. I can’t help but have this feeling that Trump will surprise everyone again.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Election Day (November 3rd) is 100 days from now. 100 days ago was April 17 - that was just over a week after Bernie officially dropped out. Bernie dropping out was just the other day. This horrible year is going by fast.

Anyways, if you look at pretty much all of the polls, one of the most important cross-tabs is the voters who hate both candidates. Among voters who hate both Biden and Trump, Biden is consistently winning those voters by a WIDE margin. That's the election right there. Game over for Trump.

Trump got lucky in 2016 in that he had no political record to run on and Hillary was just as disliked as him. In 2016, voters who hated both Trump and Hillary pulled the lever hard for Trump over Hillary ("I'll give Trump a chance. Maybe, the office will change him"). In 2020, things are different because Trump now has a political record and Biden is not nearly as disliked as Hillary.

Biden is going to win the election. The question is how decisive will Biden's victory be - a narrow victory? a decisive victory? a landslide victory? I lean towards a landslide victory for Biden but obviously things aren't set in stone. Finally, the biggest question for this election is will Democrats get control of the Senate? That depends on if this election is just a repudiation of Trump or the entire Republican Party.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Will this be the final number? Probably not. But something to think about when comparing the two elections.

Hillary and Trump had wide swings in their numbers throughout that campaign. There were 3rd party candidates siphoning off votes here and there. No incumbent, big scandals, tons of disinformation, actual conventions, rallies, etc, etc.

I’m just saying, while its easy to make comparisons between now and 2016, its better to just treat it as its own race.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i hear you :yeshrug:

but the thing is that its trump who only has down to go, not biden. because the only way trump can turn it around is by curing the virus and safely reopening the country :dead:

meanwhile, every day that he doesnt exposes his failure and lying

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The only thing that can prevent Trump losing is COVID...

I am 100% sure Rethgulicans are betting on leveraging COVID to suppress the vote, hence why they've spent the summer allowing the virus to run rampant across the country while doing their best Baghdad Bob impersonation...They are also working hard to block mail in voting...

Congress has to approve postponing the election which isn't happening...Rethuglicans just want low Dem voter turnout though...Their voters, the rural dumbfukk red neck sister fukking trailer park trash murikkka will show up to the polls...It's the cities where Dems get the bulk of the votes Rethuglicans want to suppress and COVID will most certainly play a roll in that...
If WI didn’t prove your theory wrong then I don’t know what to tell you...

Dems came out in full force despite the rona and the courts knocking down mail in voter ballots... The Dem challenger to the WI scotus seat beat the gop incumbent

There won’t be low dem turn out, it hasn’t been since 2018.