Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Washington Post
Political strategists say the president’s appeals to racial fear and grievance are politically precarious at a time when much of the country is attempting to reckon with issues like systemic racism and discrimination.

About this website

WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Trump tries to win over ‘Suburban Housewives’ with repeal of anti-segregation housing rule
Political strategists say the president’s appeals to racial fear and grievance are politically risky when much of the country is trying to reckon with issues such as systemic racism and discrimination.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Washington Post
Political strategists say the president’s appeals to racial fear and grievance are politically precarious at a time when much of the country is attempting to reckon with issues like systemic racism and discrimination.

About this website

WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Trump tries to win over ‘Suburban Housewives’ with repeal of anti-segregation housing rule
Political strategists say the president’s appeals to racial fear and grievance are politically risky when much of the country is trying to reckon with issues such as systemic racism and discrimination.

Trump thinks it’s the 70s and he is running a “silent majority” campaign. He let it out during the Wallace interview, when he said “It’s more of us than them”

Any other politician in his shoes would moderate his stance, but I guess we should be thankful that is not an adroit politician.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The thing about these polls vs the Hillary ones, besides the big leads, is that Biden is constantly at/near/above 50%. Whereas Hillary would constantly have a poll where she'd be ahead 44 to 39 or something like that. The undecided vote amount is a lot lower, and they're breaking for Biden. He's far more likable than Hillary and Trump hasn't had time to bloody him up. I'm sure it's coming, but with COVID raging there really won't be much media focus unless it's something outrageous. Remember, it took weeks/months for the (fake) rape accusations to even hit mainstream media, and by the time they did it was only a matter of days before her story imploded.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Trump thinks it’s the 70s and he is running a “silent majority” campaign. He let it out during the Wallace interview, when he said “It’s more of us than them”

Any other politician in his shoes would moderate his stance, but I guess we should be thankful that is not an adroit politician.
They were outvoted 63m > 60m and they are the loudest babies on the planet. They are the loud minority

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
Seeing these polls it looks promising but 2016 is still in the back of my mind.
i'm shook of 2016... trump will do anything to remain president, nothing is off the table -- except for being a good president.... why doing the right thing is the one thing this administration refuses to do boggles my mind....

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’d be concerned if this was a close election with on-the-margins type expectations. But it’s a blow out with demographics that once favored Trump turning on him. Biden is constantly up with older voters in Florida. Even if Trump ends up winning the older vote by a couple points he probably loses the state (as long as democrats vote). He one elderly voters by 17% in 2016...

also MI and PA having Democrats in charge makes me feel much better. They should deliver it to Biden via absentee voting. People want to vote and with no barriers in place to prevent them from exercising their rights...they will vote in huge numbers via mail. I also think a lot of people will say fukk it and vote in person too.

Trump can win, sure. But every sign points to a loss and I see no path to good news for him. August will be brutal for Texas and Florida when it comes to the virus. Other states will get worse. Hell if Texas keeps imploding due to republican government nonsense maybe it will end up as a toss up state in November.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I’d be concerned if this was a close election with on-the-margins type expectations. But it’s a blow out with demographics that once favored Trump turning on him. Biden is constantly up with older voters in Florida. Even if Trump ends up winning the older vote by a couple points he probably loses the state (as long as democrats vote). He one elderly voters by 17% in 2016...

also MI and PA having Democrats in charge makes me feel much better. They should deliver it to Biden via absentee voting. People want to vote and with no barriers in place to prevent them from exercising their rights...they will vote in huge numbers via mail. I also think a lot of people will say fukk it and vote in person too.

Trump can win, sure. But every sign points to a loss and I see no path to good news for him. August will be brutal for Texas and Florida when it comes to the virus. Other states will get worse. Hell if Texas keeps imploding due to republican government nonsense maybe it will end up as a toss up state in November.
I think he’s poisoned the well far too much as this point. I think the bulk of the country has made up their mind already. At this point it comes down to turnout overall and some key groups and areas Biden needs to continue to improve upon like the Latino community. Like you said, there really isn’t a sweeping win or sense of normalcy that Trump can produce between now and the next 100 or so days. He’s more likely to periodically make smaller mistakes that further cement peoples opinions.

Last edited:

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't forget unlike 2016 the Russia interference is been minimized, no Manafort, no Wikileaks, no Camdridge Analytica :mjlit:. This dude is not some super genius villain with a secret doomsday election weapon breh's. Just a POS snake oil salesman that rode the wave last time.:martin:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I saw a headline asking if the October surprise would be vaccines ready to go. That’s not going to change anything. The virus issue is settled politically. Unless Trump starts paying people $1000 a month (which would be a good idea btw) he’s not turning his negative numbers around on the issue. Everyone saw him fail, and then everyone saw him take his eye off the issue as it came back after a brief lull. You can’t fake news your way out of that.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I saw a headline asking if the October surprise would be vaccines ready to go. That’s not going to change anything. The virus issue is settled politically. Unless Trump starts paying people $1000 a month (which would be a good idea btw) he’s not turning his negative numbers around on the issue. Everyone saw him fail, and then everyone saw him take his eye off the issue as it came back after a brief lull. You can’t fake news your way out of that.
I would think it's impossible they would have 300 million vaccines ready to by October. Just taking out all of the steps need to get general approval of the vaccine itself, production to that level I can't see. I would imagine even when it's available it's gotta be phased based on hospital workers, the elderly, high risk people, etc.

Even if they did they would botch the roll-out. They can't get testing right so they won't get vaccine roll-out correctly.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I would think it's impossible they would have 300 million vaccines ready to by October. Just taking out all of the steps need to get general approval of the vaccine itself, production to that level I can't see. I would imagine even when it's available it's gotta be phased based on hospital workers, the elderly, high risk people, etc.

Even if they did they would botch the roll-out. They can't get testing right so they won't get vaccine roll-out correctly.

look forward to the compulsive lyin ass bytch in October talmbout "vaccine is just around the corner Dems will eat your white babies and mess up the economy I made so great" :comeon:

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
At this point, the polls are showing this isn't about one singular issue, even one as big as COVID-19.

Bottomline here is a majority of the country SIMPLY DON'T TRUST THIS DOOFUS.

Period.

There is no amount of negative ads, campaign adjustments, vaccines that will change this perception.

The way I see it Trump isn't technically running against Biden, he's running against his first 3.5 years of his first term. And that's a race he can't win. He's a trash president. November will be a romp.