Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- There will be Joe Biden scandals.
- Biden will most likely not be able to campaign that hard, similar to Hillary.
- I don't think Dems are more united. Even if they are it's negligible.
not true at all. in 2016 dems were complacent after 8 years of obama, and the assumption that hillary was gonna win anyway. added to the overall divisiveness of the primary and people not giving a fukk

whole different ballgame this time, with an easier candidate to unite around and the shock of trump actually winning

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Trump approval was just in the high 40s a month ago. The Dems and Republicans numbers are definitely locked in. However, I’m not sure if all of the coalition is going to show up at the polls at a high enough rate to win the electoral college. I think it really going to come down to the economy. That might be what takes Trump down. Small businesses are being crushed by covid, and the stimulus is no where near enough to deal with the job loses that are occurring.

In my opinion, it will come down to what percentage of Bernie supporters vote for Biden.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In my opinion, it will come down to what percentage of Bernie supporters vote for Biden.
I think the majority of Bernie voters will vote for Biden. There definitely will be a percentage of them that will cut of their nose to spite their face. Biden is going to have to seriously reach out to the left. To his credit, Biden have already pledged to support for tuition free college. I think if he come around to supporting student loan forgiveness that would go a long way in bridging the gap. That and a decent running mate.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I think the majority of Bernie voters will vote for Biden. There definitely will be a percentage of them that will cut of their nose to spite their face. Biden is going to have to seriously reach out to the left. To his credit, Biden have already pledged to support for tuition free college. I think if he come around to supporting student loan forgiveness that would go a long way in bridging the gap. That and a decent running mate.

I know most will vote for Biden, but the number of Bernie or Bust people I see on social media is concerning. Biden already went to the left on many issues, I think him becoming a carbon copy of Bernie would defeat the purpose of him having ran against him.
I agree on the running mate, though.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know most will vote for Biden, but the number of Bernie or Bust people I see on social media is concerning. Biden already went to the left on many issues, I think him becoming a carbon copy of Bernie would defeat the purpose of him having ran against him.
Most reasonable people know he won’t adapt M4A, a wealth tax or a federal jobs guarantee. But something like student loan forgiveness is not being a carbon copy of Bernie. Especially since we are in a economic downturn. Student loans are already in forbearance until September. If he doesn’t do something like that or some other major economic policy he will be missing a big opportunity.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's social media. It's not real life and what matters are independents.

F K

All Star
Daps
these new biden policies :whew:

The Biden campaign announced two new policies on Thursday on health care and student debt that are squarely aimed at appealing to supporters of Bernie Sanders, who ended his campaign for the Democratic nomination on Wednesday.

Why it matters: The policies don't go as far as Sanders' platform, but they signal that Biden is serious about incorporating elements of his former rival's agenda in an effort to help unify the Democratic Party and defeat President Trump in the general election.

The policy announcements directly reference Sanders and his supporters, noting that they can "take pride in their work in laying the groundwork for these ideas."

1. Lower the Medicare age from 65 to 60.

Under Biden's plan, Americans would be able to choose whether to access Medicare benefits when they turn 60.

If not, they would be permitted to remain on their employer's insurance, Biden's "public option" or other plans they can access through an Affordable Care Act marketplace.

2. Forgive student debt for low-income and middle-class individuals who have attended public colleges and universities.

Specifically, Biden's proposal forgives all undergraduate tuition-related federal student debt from two- and four-year public colleges and universities — as well as private Historically Black Colleges and Universities and private, underfunded Minority-Serving Institutions.

It would apply to debt-holders earning up to $125,000, with "appropriate phase-outs to avoid a cliff."

This is in addition to Biden's existing student debt proposals, which include an Elizabeth Warren-backed plan to cancel a minimum of $10,000 of student debt per person during the coronavirus crisis.

Go deeper: Biden and Sanders work toward truce on big issues

:myman:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

The Biden campaign announced two new policies on Thursday on health care and student debt that are squarely aimed at appealing to supporters of Bernie Sanders, who ended his campaign for the Democratic nomination on Wednesday.

Why it matters: The policies don't go as far as Sanders' platform, but they signal that Biden is serious about incorporating elements of his former rival's agenda in an effort to help unify the Democratic Party and defeat President Trump in the general election.

The policy announcements directly reference Sanders and his supporters, noting that they can "take pride in their work in laying the groundwork for these ideas."

Under Biden's plan, Americans would be able to choose whether to access Medicare benefits when they turn 60.

If not, they would be permitted to remain on their employer's insurance, Biden's "public option" or other plans they can access through an Affordable Care Act marketplace.

2. Forgive student debt for low-income and middle-class individuals who have attended public colleges and universities.

Specifically, Biden's proposal forgives all undergraduate tuition-related federal student debt from two- and four-year public colleges and universities — as well as private Historically Black Colleges and Universities and private, underfunded Minority-Serving Institutions.

It would apply to debt-holders earning up to $125,000, with "appropriate phase-outs to avoid a cliff."

This is in addition to Biden's existing student debt proposals, which include an Elizabeth Warren-backed plan to cancel a minimum of $10,000 of student debt per person during the coronavirus crisis.

Great but the issue still remains that I can’t trust Biden, I’m still voting for him to get the buffoon out of office but I have zero faith he is going to actually fight for these policies like Bernie would’ve. I originally wasn’t going to vote but the covid situation and trump stacking courts is too much for me to moral grandstand.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I’m underwhelmed but it is a step in the right direction. I don’t get why they wouldn’t forgive student loans to people that went to private schools if they have federal student loans as well. But at least it would help a decent amount of people. It is definitely a step in the right direction and could help to attract some voters to him.

But the Healthcare part isn’t going to do much for him. There is already widespread support to lower the Medicare age to 55 even among moderates. I don’t know why he would go only to 60. I don’t know who that will appeal to.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Great but the issue still remains that I can’t trust Biden, I’m still voting for him to get the buffoon out of office but I have zero faith he is going to actually fight for these policies like Bernie would’ve. I originally wasn’t going to vote but the covid situation and trump stacking courts is too much for me to moral grandstand.
Yeah I honestly doubt any of these plans will actually materialize if he wins. At best we'll get a refunded ACA and a reverse back to the Obama years.

The alternative is much scarier tho.
:francis:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I’m underwhelmed but it is a step in the right direction. I don’t get why they wouldn’t forgive student loans to people that went to private schools if they have federal student loans as well. But at least it would help a decent amount of people. It is definitely a step in the right direction and could help to attract some voters to him.

But the Healthcare part isn’t going to do much for him. There is already widespread support to lower the Medicare age to 55 even among moderates. I don’t know why he would go only to 60. I don’t know who that will appeal to.

It also excludes graduate debt... though he says he wants to wipe off $10,000 immediately off every loan