Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
More people will be paying attention in the general. If Trump beats him in a debate or gets him fumbling his words in one it will be a bad look.
Biden will be coached and trained to be better in the debate. Also, Hillary won every debate in 2016 and yet did she win the election?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I really think that people are not factoring that Biden is not close to being as hated as Hillary.

I thought that the primaries proved that. Biden is just simply much more well liked than Hillary and the fact that he was President Obama's VP is huge. President Obama is the most popular and well-liked Democratic president of all-time!
Exactly. Talk to any 50+ year old white man no matter what background and there's a 90% chance they hate Hillary like she is the personification of the devil.

Many of the people that protest voted Hillary in favor of Bernie or Trump won't have that issue with Joe.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Those gaffes didn't hurt him in the primary. Also, I think that most Biden voters know that he has gaffes but he's not nearly as incompetent as Trump.

More people will be paying attention in the general. If Trump beats him in a debate or gets him fumbling his words in one it will be a bad look.

I really don't think debates matter nearly as much as some people think, it's not like Trump won the debates against Hillary (or even against other Republicans).

The real issue IMO is that, for some reason, Democratic-leaning voters seem to be less motivated to vote than Republican-leaning voters.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Trump is the boy who cried wolf at this point. Any trumped allegations of Hunter Biden are going to get a side-eye from a majority of the public.

Biden is leading with women voters by 30 pts according to this poll, so he's outperforming HRC there as well.

Dems are definitely more united. There was intense vitriol for Hillary in '16 from the left. She and Bernie had a cold relationship. I think Bernie campaigns hard for Biden b/c they're actually friends and he's probably looking to elevate his legacy now. Whatever anger you're seeing now from Bernie people on twitter will dissipate by the summer.

Bernie is signaling Joe is well aware of what he needs to do. Says Joe's a very good politician.

Looks like they're already working together on some joint rollout that'll be for the general.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
As thecoli's #1 Joe Biden stan. His VP list should be long and amazing. Here's my Final three that make the most sense.

1. Keisha Lance Bottoms

Why? Talented politician, attractive, doesn't overstep boundaries like other Atlanta based politicians do, hard worker and good at her job, family-based, will do extremely well with Black voters who are currently Bernie types or Blacks who might not vote which is critical, relatable, and easy to work with.

Why not? No House or senate experience, does she have superstar chops for the job, low name recognition, what's her negatives as she wasn't been attacked to the degree the others on the list have been.

2. Stacey Abrams

Why? Superstar talent as a politician, willing to take the risk, will do extremely well with Black voters who are currently Bernie types or Blacks who might not vote which is critical, relatable, and easy to work with.

Why not? Single, Some people will think she's Aunt Jemima, Lack of high-end experience although she is great within the state, decent name recognition but not great like Harris or good like Rice.

3. Susan Rice

Why? Experience, Extremely Smart, foreign relation skills, Knows how the administration wants to move, doesn't have a bad track record like some others.

Why not? White husband, her son is a diehard Republican, doesn't appeal to most Blacks outside of the Boule, Really doesn't appeal to independents but my guess is those types aren't that important for 2020 considering this is the world v. Trump election. Does she appeal to women voters on the edge which isn't that big of a population this year?

On the outside looking in: Liz Warren, Ayanna Pressley, Amy Klobuchar

Not of interest for me: Kamala Harris, Donna Brazile, Tulsi Gabbard

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

Bernie is signaling Joe is well aware of what he needs to do. Says Joe's a very good politician.

Looks like they're already working together on some joint rollout that'll be for the general.

Yup. It's going to be interesting to see what Biden adopts from Bernie's platform. I know Obama is probably heavily involved as well. He has to be advising Biden to respect this movement or else...

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Those gaffes didn't hurt him in the primary. Also, I think that most Biden voters know that he has gaffes but he's not nearly as incompetent as Trump.
Those gaffes did hurt him in the primary. His comment on segregationist lead to him being put in a body bag by Kamala in the first debate. But her record as AG stopped her momentum. Biden started the primary the favorite because he had the most name recognition. Even with that at one point in this primary his campaign was almost dead. Also the Dems were soft on him. Warren could of did real damage to him with the bankruptcy bill but choose not to attack him. Bernie could of did real damage to him by highlighting Biden gaffe of stating nothing will fundamentally change under his administration. But he choose not to attack. Trump and the republicans are not going to be as nice to Biden. That don’t mean that Biden can’t win. Especially since it looks like we are in a economic downturn. But it is not going to be as easy as a lot of poster on here seem to think. I still think this is a 50/50 election.