Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
That poll is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is swing states.

Biden could easily win the popular vote by a bigger margin than Hillary and still lose. Getting more voters in NY/Cali/etc won't matter.

If he's winning the popular vote by 9 points, he's won WI, MI, PA, OH, FL and many more. In that scenario, you have states like Texas being a toss up.

Hillary won the popular vote by 2 points in 2016. If Joe wins it by 4-5 points, then yes, that scenario may happen. But that'd be a huge historically anomally.

If you're winning 50% plus 1, you are definitely getting 270 electoral votes.

Trump approval was just in the high 40s a month ago. The Dems and Republicans numbers are definitely locked in. However, I’m not sure if all of the coalition is going to show up at the polls at a high enough rate to win the electoral college. I think it really going to come down to the economy. That might be what takes Trump down. Small businesses are being crushed by covid, and the stimulus is no where near enough to deal with the job loses that are occurring.

Trump got a crisis boost but it wasn't even as big as most foreign leaders or even governors in the US :russ:

This is a referendum on Trump. And Trump is a terrible president. He can obviously still win as GOP state legislatures may move aggressively to suppress the vote such as Wisconsin's which is brazen as fukk.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
- There will be Joe Biden scandals.
- Biden will most likely not be able to campaign that hard, similar to Hillary.
- I don't think Dems are more united. Even if they are it's negligible.

I think the big issue is that Trump campaign is running huge misinfo on Facebook again. They have so much money for TV ads. They also reserved YouTube's home page for advertising on election day too.

They're going to absolutely keep talking about Hunter Biden and other stuff about Joe's brother's FBI thing and more.

But it may not matter as much with so many people's material needs being destroyed in this Depression and pandemic.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If he's winning the popular vote by 9 points, he's won WI, MI, PA, OH, FL and many more. In that scenario, you have states like Texas being a toss up.

Hillary won the popular vote by 2 points in 2016. If Joe wins it by 4-5 points, then yes, that scenario may happen. But that'd be a huge historically anomally.

If you're winning 50% plus 1, you are definitely getting 270 electoral votes.

Trump got a crisis boost but it wasn't even as big as most foreign leaders or even governors in the US :russ:

This is a referendum on Trump. And Trump is a terrible president. He can obviously still win as GOP state legislatures may move aggressively to suppress the vote such as Wisconsin's which is brazen as fukk.
It wasn’t from covid 19
Trump Job Approval at Personal Best 49%

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That poll is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is swing states.

Biden could easily win the popular vote by a bigger margin than Hillary and still lose. Getting more voters in NY/Cali/etc won't matter.
look at michigan, i dont think biden is sparking renewed energy in places like san francisco. any favorable numbers are likely supported by the fact that he is doing better than trillary in the swing states

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
- There will be Joe Biden scandals.
- Biden will most likely not be able to campaign that hard, similar to Hillary.
- I don't think Dems are more united. Even if they are it's negligible.
Trump is the boy who cried wolf at this point. Any trumped allegations of Hunter Biden are going to get a side-eye from a majority of the public.

Biden is leading with women voters by 30 pts according to this poll, so he's outperforming HRC there as well.

Dems are definitely more united. There was intense vitriol for Hillary in '16 from the left. She and Bernie had a cold relationship. I think Bernie campaigns hard for Biden b/c they're actually friends and he's probably looking to elevate his legacy now. Whatever anger you're seeing now from Bernie people on twitter will dissipate by the summer.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I really think that people are not factoring that Biden is not close to being as hated as Hillary.

I thought that the primaries proved that. Biden is just simply much more well liked than Hillary and the fact that he was President Obama's VP is huge. President Obama is the most popular and well-liked Democratic president of all-time!

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I really think that people are not factoring that Biden is not close to being as hated as Hillary.

I thought that the primaries proved that. Biden is just simply much more well liked than Hillary and the fact that he was President Obama's VP is huge. President Obama is the most popular and well-liked Democratic president of all-time!
I think that it is a wash because he also seems a lot less competent. Hillary spoke well and actually won debates, can this guy? It remains to be seen. He will end up with way more gaffes than Hillary ever could.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I think that it is a wash because he also seems a lot less competent. Hillary spoke well and actually won debates, can this guy? It remains to be seen. He will end up with way more gaffes than Hillary ever could.
Those gaffes didn't hurt him in the primary. Also, I think that most Biden voters know that he has gaffes but he's not nearly as incompetent as Trump.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Those gaffes didn't hurt him in the primary. Also, I think that most Biden voters know that he has gaffes but he's not nearly as incompetent as Trump.
More people will be paying attention in the general. If Trump beats him in a debate or gets him fumbling his words in one it will be a bad look.