Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
these new biden policies :whew:

The Biden campaign announced two new policies on Thursday on health care and student debt that are squarely aimed at appealing to supporters of Bernie Sanders, who ended his campaign for the Democratic nomination on Wednesday.

Why it matters: The policies don't go as far as Sanders' platform, but they signal that Biden is serious about incorporating elements of his former rival's agenda in an effort to help unify the Democratic Party and defeat President Trump in the general election.

The policy announcements directly reference Sanders and his supporters, noting that they can "take pride in their work in laying the groundwork for these ideas."

1. Lower the Medicare age from 65 to 60.

Under Biden's plan, Americans would be able to choose whether to access Medicare benefits when they turn 60.

If not, they would be permitted to remain on their employer's insurance, Biden's "public option" or other plans they can access through an Affordable Care Act marketplace.

2. Forgive student debt for low-income and middle-class individuals who have attended public colleges and universities.

Specifically, Biden's proposal forgives all undergraduate tuition-related federal student debt from two- and four-year public colleges and universities — as well as private Historically Black Colleges and Universities and private, underfunded Minority-Serving Institutions.

It would apply to debt-holders earning up to $125,000, with "appropriate phase-outs to avoid a cliff."

This is in addition to Biden's existing student debt proposals, which include an Elizabeth Warren-backed plan to cancel a minimum of $10,000 of student debt per person during the coronavirus crisis.

Go deeper: Biden and Sanders work toward truce on big issues

:myman:

Medicare plan is dumb but I can get behind the Student loan plan.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m underwhelmed but it is a step in the right direction. I don’t get why they wouldn’t forgive student loans to people that went to private schools if they have federal student loans as well. But at least it would help a decent amount of people. It is definitely a step in the right direction and could help to attract some voters to him.

But the Healthcare part isn’t going to do much for him. There is already widespread support to lower the Medicare age to 55 even among moderates. I don’t know why he would go only to 60. I don’t know who that will appeal to.

Forgiving private student loans polls badly. Ppl think ppl that go to private schools made bad financial decisions if their debt is so high.

plus states schools are universally supported by republicans/dems in every state

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Forgiving private student loans polls badly. Ppl think ppl that go to private schools made bad financial decisions if their debt is so high.

plus states schools are universally supported by republicans/dems in every state
Private student loans is different from federal loans to students that went to private colleges. Two completely different issues. Also, the point of student loan forgiveness is to help people get from under crippling debt. Excluding people that went to private colleges makes no sense.

I have yet to see a poll stating that people don’t want to forgive student loan debt from private institutions.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Private student loans is different from federal loans to students that went to private colleges. Two completely different issues. Also, the point of student loan forgiveness is to help people get from under crippling debt. Excluding people that went to private colleges makes no sense.

I have yet to see a poll stating that people don’t want to forgive student loan debt from private institutions.

sometime polls aren’t released to the public :yeshrug:

I agree with u. But that’s not how educated and non educated voters feel.