Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
The right almost always stays unified (this is a global problem for the left). The amount of "#NeverTrumpers" in the GOP is not even close to being as big as the number of progressives in the Democratic Party.

All of this third party stuff would just lead to the Republicans cruising to winning most federal elections. Remember that even in countries that have more parties in their parliament, they still have 2 main parties. The US has more than 2 parties, that are just not going to able to win nationally with first-past-the-post being in existence.

The Republicans & Dems would still be the 2 main parties but then there would be a further left wing party that divides the vote of the left. There would not be a significant third party that would challenge the GOP (not even the Libertarian Party), so like I said, the left would be cannibalizing itself.

Despite being a right wing party, I'm pretty sure the LP would take more votes from the left

A lot of self identified libertarians don't even rock with the LP

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i sent biden and some anti-trump groups this video along with a few others. start at 1:40

the ad should be called "When Republicans Tell You Who Donald Trump Is...Believe Them" :banderas:theres so much gold from the 2016 primaries. little marco, lindsey graham. i wish i knew how to make videos :dead:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn’t be confident in any polling this far out. It is going to be about turnout. A lot can happen on both sides. How the economy recovers (or not recover) is going play a major part in who wins.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I wouldn’t be confident in any polling this far out. It is going to be about turnout. I lot can happen on both sides. How the economy recovers (or not recover) is going play a major part in who wins.

You're right. But I think the Dem and GOP numbers stay the same. Independents turned on Trump in 2017. It's why his approval rating has remained in the low to mid 40s.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

You're right. But I think the Dem and GOP numbers stay the same. Independents turned on Trump in 2017. It's why his approval rating has remained in the low to mid 40s.

If those independent numbers stay where they are then Trump is going to get trounced.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Trump approval was just in the high 40s a month ago. The Dems and Republicans numbers are definitely locked in. However, I’m not sure if all of the coalition is going to show up at the polls at a high enough rate to win the electoral college. I think it really going to come down to the economy. That might be what take Trump down. Small businesses are being crushed by covid, and the stimulus is no where near enough to deal with the job loses that are occurring.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nah.

-Dems are more united now (Bernie dropped out on July 12th in '16).
-Biden has a 20pt favorability advantage over Hilgawd at this same time in '16.
-No email scandal.
- There will be Joe Biden scandals.
- Biden will most likely not be able to campaign that hard, similar to Hillary.
- I don't think Dems are more united. Even if they are it's negligible.