Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I could honestly see Roberts, Alito, and Thomas all staying on for another 10-15 years. So even if Biden gets to replace Ginsburg and Breyer, we're still looking at a 5-4 conservative court until most of us are in our late 30-40's. Losing that Merrick Garland seat was a disaster a fukking disaster.
It was. But anything is better than 7-2.

Anyone that wants a progressive agenda in the foreseeable future should be voting against Trump for that alone.

There are other reasons but I think many progressives are being short sighted and are a little angry at the moment so I'll leave it there.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
It was. But anything is better than 7-2.

Anyone that wants a progressive agenda in the foreseeable future should be voting against Trump for that alone.

There are other reasons but I think many progressives are being short sighted and are a little angry at the moment so I'll leave it there.
Dems do a poor job of breaking down to voters the importance of the courts and how it directly affects the viability of the progressive agenda. R's know b/c they have an infatuation of getting rid or RVW. Did the courts come up more than twice in all of the Dem debates? I don't think so.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I could honestly see Roberts, Alito, and Thomas all staying on for another 10-15 years. So even if Biden gets to replace Ginsburg and Breyer, we're still looking at a 5-4 conservative court until most of us are in our late 30's-40's. Losing that Merrick Garland seat was a fukking disaster. Citizen's United, Gerrymandering, Church/State rulings, etc. all could be going our way right now if Garland was on the court. I will never forgive those who sat out in '16.
our best case is maintaining 5-4. We can't let Trump get 7-2.

Breyer and Ginsberg are 80+

B. Pumpaveli

All Star
Daps
AnzgND2.png

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This is will just lead to the Republicans having a stranglehold on the Presidency & both houses of Congress. The vote of the left will be split and the right would be unified (mostly).

It would work on a local/state level in SOME states but as a national strategy it would be terrible. The NDP of Canada right now is a great example of this (but the situation would be even worse in America).

That depends on how many discontented voters on the right can be swayed but I’d love to read about the NDP to get a better idea of what you’re talking about. But I can see what you’re saying, my hypothesis however only would work if this third party were to poach and equal or close to equal amount of supporters from both sides.

For me the idea for the third party is to upset the system in general, not just for the Dems but for the Repubs as well. As far as I know, having more than two parties hasn’t affected the UK too badly but then again given their Brexit drama I might be wrong.

Also, I think an aggressive progressive movement within the Dem party could possibly work out as well. I just think changing the machine from within wouldn’t be as easy.

Daps
This is will just lead to the Republicans having a stranglehold on the Presidency & both houses of Congress. The vote of the left will be split and the right would be unified (mostly).

It would work on a local/state level in SOME states but as a national strategy it would be terrible. The NDP of Canada right now is a great example of this (but the situation would be even worse in America).
I been saying the falloit from 2020 will ne a Rethug split between softer racists and MAGATs whereas Dems will be split between Centrists and Progressives. Once the GOP lose their cult of personality president they'll have to reckon with the direction of their dying party

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I been saying the falloit from 2020 will ne a Rethug split between softer racists and MAGATs whereas Dems will be split between Centrists and Progressives. Once the GOP lose their cult of personality president they'll have to reckon with the direction of their dying party

People forgetting how the Tea Party had to practically hijack the Rethugs before they had their way. Maybe sub-parties within the tents might work but might not as keen to try that.

My biggest fear is that Biden wins and the progressive movement lets up as if things are now sweet. Progressives should be building up something major for the next time an out of control right wing nut job takes power. All the peace signs and hippie shyt aight but when it’s reppin time the progressives on the front lines gotta be bustin their political guns.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I could honestly see Roberts, Alito, and Thomas all staying on for another 10-15 years. So even if Biden gets to replace Ginsburg and Breyer, we're still looking at a 5-4 conservative court until most of us are in our late 30's-40's. Losing that Merrick Garland seat was a fukking disaster. Citizen's United, Gerrymandering, Church/State rulings, etc. all could be going our way right now if Garland was on the court. I will never forgive those who sat out in '16.

If Trump is at danger of losing, he'll convince Thomas to retire so they can replace him with a young blood.

This all assumes RBG can hold on until January of next year.

Good luck y'all

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
If Trump is at danger of losing, he'll convince Thomas to retire so they can replace him with a young blood.

This all assumes RBG can hold on until January of next year.

Good luck y'all
they'd replace Thomas in the lame duck sessions of November-December after the election