Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Phil 36

All Star
Daps
Nah, Mitt is just a reasonable Republican. His father, George, was a moderate Republican governor of Michigan and a decent HUD secretary under Nixon.

:yeshrug:

If Biden wants to continue that appoint a person from opposition party in the administration, he would take it if offered

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I agree Biden’s presidency rests on whether he ends/reforms the filibuster or not. The last 12 years have displayed the GOP is less of a political party than a pure obstructionist movement focused entirely on ensuring government does not function. They can be disgusted by Trump but in many ways Trump is the unvarnished culmination of what they want. Tax cuts, no regulation, and a completely inefficient government that makes you question its existence.

We can’t afford for the next four years to be determined by negotiations with Mitch McConnell. Ending the filibuster is dangerous but you gotta do it. I’m not even sure republicans will even allow Biden to pass his first corona related relief bill. Why wouldn’t someone like Rand Paul filibuster a bill that includes direct payments to Americans for instance.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree Biden’s presidency rests on whether he ends/reforms the filibuster or not. The last 12 years have displayed the GOP is less of a political party than a pure obstructionist movement focused entirely on ensuring government does not function. They can be disgusted by Trump but in many ways Trump is the unvarnished culmination of what they want. Tax cuts, no regulation, and a completely inefficient government that makes you question its existence.

We can’t afford for the next four years to be determined by negotiations with Mitch McConnell. Ending the filibuster is dangerous but you gotta do it. I’m not even sure republicans will even allow Biden to pass his first corona related relief bill. Why wouldn’t someone like Rand Paul filibuster a bill that includes direct payments to Americans for instance.
is it its own bill to end the filibuster, or do they end it during trying to pass a bill?

they shouldnt do it right off the bat, they should do it after the repubs obstruct a relatively popular bill