Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Cali & NY are an Exception:yeshrug:

Can’t speak for Cali, but the same definitely applies to NY. Looking at maps of how congressional districts vote, NY is generally a sea of red with pockets of blue in and around the cities.

On a more granular level, there’s neighborhoods in NYC that’ll mostly vote for Trump. Those who live in NYC know which ones I’m talking about :mjpls:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

I think there is something to be said about how Trump supporters act and think about politics and how it differs from Democratic voters right now. Their passions run hot but probably also lose steam fast.

Trying to think of something good to compare it to. They enjoy the excitement of a Trump rally and the childish simple things like name-calling that they can do and watch Trump do. But, do they really really care about this man winning enough to stand in lines for hours? Probably not.

Democrats on the other hand view this election like an existential crisis. I hear and see many of them say things like they'll crawl through broken glass to vote. I haven't heard the same sentiment as much from Trump supporters. They probably don't have the stamina for this.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Whether TX and GA flip or not, Beto and Abrams deserve a lot of credit for their work in registering and turning out voters during and post 2018.
Man... I wish Beto didn't turn out to be such a big flop.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I think there is something to be said about how Trump supporters act and think about politics and how it differs from Democratic voters right now. Their passions run hot but probably also lose steam fast.

Trying to think of something good to compare it to. They enjoy the excitement of a Trump rally and the childish simple things like name-calling that they can do and watch Trump do. But, do they really really care about this man winning enough to stand in lines for hours? Probably not.

Democrats on the other hand view this election like an existential crisis. I hear and see many of them say things like they'll crawl through broken glass to vote. I haven't heard the same sentiment as much from Trump supporters. They probably don't have the stamina for this.
i honestly think most of these previous non-voters who voted for trump in 2016 do not care or know about politics

they just like trump personally, and its more like a sport to them

maybe its important to them as a cultural battleground but i doubt they follow policy on any level or could tell you what legislation trump has passed

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

full
I guess you MAGAs don't want your AR-15's anymore. I guess you hate Red Meat, and prefer Soy Burgers. All of those PATRIOTIC Soldiers Died for your FREEDOMS! You just going to go home and watch Duck Dynasty then? :troll:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Breh

people really underestimating black and marginalized women and what's coming, because they peeping game

cause when you have this overseas

and with the adding to the supreme court trick ACB, with an already court cases headed their way on Friday

believe me when I tell you, they just getting started
Woke up to a text message from my 19 year old niece who lives in Florida that she voted for the first time today for Biden :yes::blessed:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet

a lot of Trump voters in 2016 were just trolls...
...they really didnt care either way.

Wouldnt be surprised if they dont vote this year.

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
rural NY is pretty bad too, they just have enough margins in the cities that it isnt close
16NYCountyMapForElection.jpg

i think the real exception is Arizona (where a lot of the rural areas are majority Native)
2016 was an anomaly. Yes, the rural parts of NY are red but Trump way overperformed (due to anti-Hillary sentiment). Upstate New York according to district polls is swinging against Trump hard in most cases this year.