Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Diddy can kick rocks :camby:.

If Biden wins then we can hold his feet to the fire but as long as Trump is in office, I don't want to hear any of this bullsh!t :camby:.

Anecdotal evidence. Doesn't mean much of anything.

I'm a young Black man that's voting for Biden #fukkTrump :pacspit:
How do we hold Biden's feet to the fire if he has already gotten our vote? We have no leverage at that point.
I'm voting for Biden to but just to get Trump out, I'm not expecting a lot of favorable policy out of him.

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
EWykA16WoAYmq6g

actually talking sense

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
How do we hold Biden's feet to the fire if he has already gotten our vote? We have no leverage at that point.
I'm voting for Biden to but just to get Trump out, I'm not expecting a lot of favorable policy out of him.
What do poor Whites gain from voting Republican beyond the superficial issues like race & immigration? Are poor Whites in West Virginia getting any richer or better by voting Republican? :jbhmm:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
No, so what we are aiming to be more like them? :mindblown:
Make sense.
Not necessarily but the point is what other options do we have? Not voting will makes things worse.

The Democratic Party can't undo over 400 years of systematic oppression in such a short time. Furthermore, not every policy gets media attention. President Obama signed an executive order curbing racial discrimination against Black people in auto lending in 2013. The Republican controlled-Congress repealed that executive order in 2018.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not necessarily but the point is what other options do we have? Not voting will makes things worse.

The Democratic Party can't undo over 400 years of systematic oppression in such a short time. Furthermore, not every policy gets media attention. President Obama signed an executive order curbing racial discrimination against Black people in auto lending in 2013. The Republican controlled-Congress repealed that executive order in 2018.
I'm not advocating for not voting but you should listen to the people who are and analyze why. It could help you win in the future.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Interesting. I disagree, BUT if it was more strategic like we are all going to vote for ___ instead to show the power of our vote I might consider it. Especially since I'm in NY and Biden has it on lock.
I disagree as well but I understand the point. The Democratic Party have done a piss poor job in reaching out to Black men.
We had 25 candidates, could have litigated this 6 months ago :mjgrin:
To be fair there have been a lot of Black people saying this for years. I do think the strategy is flawed though. You have to find or run a candidate that will speak to your issues. If not you will be ignored. Not voting will make the Dems court Reagan Democrats even more than they already do.
Diddy can kick rocks :camby:.

If Biden wins then we can hold his feet to the fire but as long as Trump is in office, I don't want to hear any of this bullsh!t :camby:.

Anecdotal evidence. Doesn't mean much of anything.

I'm a young Black man that's voting for Biden #fukkTrump :pacspit:
It is 100 percent anecdotal. However, at this time that is mostly what I have to go on until there is a reliable poll to gauge how Black males under 50 feel about this election. Not saying that will be the case in November, but I am concern about the lack of excitement about Biden. Also on the ground level the Trump campaign is actively trying to go after Black men in swing states like Michigan. I don’t think Trump will get any type of significant Black male support, but if he can pull 2 to 3 percent away from Biden, that can make a difference in a close race. If Black doesn’t pick a Black women VP that might dampen excitement among a small segment of Black women as will. Although, I think the majority of Black women will vote against Trump regardless. We will see. I think it too early to make any type of definitive statement on who things will turn out in November.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
This is what I am hearing from a lot of Black men. Especially younger Black men.
Dems are so full of hubris they think any former or potential Dem voter that doesn’t support Biden is a “Bernie bro” or a member of the “professional left.”

It hasn’t sunken in yet that a lot of people; Black, Hispanic, White, Asian whatever just think the Democrats suck and haven’t earned their vote.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Dems are so full of hubris they think any former or potential Dem voter that doesn’t support Biden is a “Bernie bro” or a member of the “professional left.”

It hasn’t sunken in yet that a lot of people; Black, Hispanic, White, Asian whatever just think the Democrats suck and haven’t earned their vote.
What is the alternative? Do nothing and life gets worse for minorities?