Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

He's running on the 3rd party libertarian ticket. :francis:

:whoo::whoo:
Libertarian ticket cost Trump the popular vote

Libertarian ticket cost Trump the popular vote

"In our conversation, Governor Weld brought up a fascinating point, a point that has been largely overlooked in the reams of post election analysis. Governor Weld said that Johnson-Weld internal polling showed that 75 percent of their voters would have voted for Donald Trump had they not been in the race. The Libertarian ticket received nearly 4.5 million total votes in the election."

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
^Can you really say this when some things get prioritized over others? Progressives are always told to wait. Lobbyists always seem to get what they want though. Civil Rights was a radical change and a rapid one.

before Bernie ran. There was never a consensus agenda?

If anything, they got the biggest thing they wanted for 2-3 decades: A woman running for president.

She missed the layup :yeshrug:

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
What aee You talking about? The left not fired up? Since when after 2016 has that been the case?
my bad.... i'm still salty from 2016 when leftists (not all leftists, but far too many) had the nerve to say that trump and hillary were the same... nah, they ain't nothing alike.... hillary wasn't an angel, but she sure wasn't a trump either... but i've snapped out of it, i'm back on track.... #VoteTrumpOut... #SledgehammerOnAnts....

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
before Bernie ran. There was never a consensus agenda?

If anything, they got the biggest thing they wanted for 2-3 decades: A woman running for president.

She missed the layup :yeshrug:
Says everything about the voters. Why take them seriously when they treat politics as sports. Are they going to support Haley in 2024?

F K

All Star
Daps
Amash could be a problem in places like ohio. Another variable to add to another volatile mix

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
That's out the cards for now tho, right now the only way realistically change is going to happen is progressives like AOC winning more house and senate seats and republicans having no more power.

As bad as things are, nikkas are too lazy to take to the streets.

"Progressives" are impotent as long as they continue to fold into the democratic party.

As for nikkas taking to the streets...it's really a matter of a threshold for discomfort and this pandemic is pushing that line as is the the shell game of electoral politics. As bad as it is...it can and just might get worse quickly.

Anybody on the left serious about wielding power needs prioritize building a big enough base of people to get third party candidates on the debate stage and the ability to the election one way or another. The power to make you lose (or help you win) is worth more towards having any kind of leverage than any task force or pat on the head. We have to be willing to be hated and feared as a spoiler or as a key voting bloc to appeal to on policy. You run a candidate that will push our agenda or we'll run our own and fukk you over til you become the whig party.

Last edited:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Says everything about the voters. Why take them seriously when they treat politics as sports. Are they going to support Haley in 2024?

Haley has been courting democratic women for a decade. They may. She’s built genuine relationships across the aisle.

last time I said that on here ppl said I was crazy. But I see what I see :yeshrug:

I know diehard democratic women that openly say Nikki Haley isn’t that bad.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
"Progressives" are impotent as long as they continue to fold into the democratic party.

As for nikkas taking to the streets...it's really a matter of a threshold for discomfort and this pandemic is pushing that line as is the the shell game of electoral politics. As bad as it is...it can and just might get worse quickly.

Anybody on the left serious about wielding power needs prioritize building a big enough base of people to get third party candidates on the debate stage and the ability to the election one way or another. The power to make you lose (or help you win) is power and worth more towards having any kind of leverage than any task force or pat on the head. We have to be willing to be hated and feared as a spoiler or as a key voting bloc to appeal to on policy. You run a candidate that will push our agenda or we'll run our own and fukk you over til you become the whig party.

So you will vote for Nazi Trump and candidates like him over and over again? :wtf:

I'm a Progressive, that that's something that requires military level-style of violence to make a paradigm shift like that. I'm serious. :picard:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haley has been courting democratic women for a decade. They may. She’s built genuine relationships across the aisle.

last time I said that on here ppl said I was crazy. But I see what I see :yeshrug:

I know diehard democratic women that openly say Nikki Haley isn’t that bad.
So we can't get mad when people say the democrats have no plan then. No plan for Reagan, Gingrich, Tea Party, Trump, and will get steamrolled by Haley in 2024. Now that you brought it to my attention, what was the party's biggest accomplishment outside of introducing the Clintons to the world and igniting the DLC?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is a debate that's hard to have because many "leftists" are simply anarchists who want a systematic failure to happen in order to spur the change they think will happen. This is why I have little interest in engaging with them. They aren't arguing in good faith, most are whites who live relatively comfortably, and they would rather have Trump as president than any democrat.

The ironic thing is that a true systemic failure would result in their effete, anti-gun, anti-violence asses getting dominated and placed at the bottom of the pecking order. They want a revolution but won't prepare for it. It's basically a death cult, so why tolerate it or engage it in debate.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So we can't get mad when people say the democrats have no plan then. No plan for Reagan, Gingrich, Tea Party, Trump, and will get steamrolled by Haley in 2024. Now that you brought it to my attention, what was the party's biggest accomplishment outside of introducing the Clintons to the world and igniting the DLC?

Democrats will never be in control for perpetuity :francis:.

We’ve had countless achievements over the past few decades. Abortion rights, affirmative action, healthcare, dod frank, led the revolution in reforming climate change.

Ppl haven’t been sitting on their ass. Gingrich and the Tea party both are irrelevant now.