Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Kim doesn't have any brakes on.

She hasn't been to the desert on multiple occasions like Saul has.

But she's hella reckless and headstrong. She LOVES the danger. She sees the Life for what it is, the dirty reality. She wants a piece. She might be built for this. :banderas:

But her Jedi Mind Trick didn't work on Lalo. He's just going to snoop around more and knows he can't trust his men.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Mike and Jimmy lookin like Jules and Vincent with that gas station drip :russ:

Kim got a look at the bullet holes in that cup and saw what a life with Saul will look like.

Lalo letting Jimmy know he married up :mjlol: my man always taking digs at folks

Now I see why Gus took out Bolsa in BB, he was looking out for himself instead of the interest of the Cartel and Gus.

Jimmy having panic attacks. Trippin over the noise of the juicer, jumping at the phone ringing.

She quit :mindblown: Kim all in with Saul.

The heartbreak on Lalo's face seeing Hector with that birthday hat :mjcry:

This stalking ass lawyer tolling Saul :laff:

Mike droppin Gospel on Jimmy, that was the little bit of Jimmy left he was talking to in the car.

Lalo's instincts are :wow: Mike should've known that story he cooked up for Jimmy wasn't good enough. He reads people better than Gus IMO.

Is it a stretch to say Lalo is infinitely more menacing than any of the other Salamanca's? He doesn't look the part like Tuco or the cousins but he's very bit as lethal in an understated way with his demeanor.

:whew: Kim has some huge muthafukkin balls talking to Lalo like that. She's a true ride or die but Lalo ain't buy a word of it so it was for naught.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That apartment scene with Lalo had my blood pressure up the whole time
tenor.gif

Kim really rides hard for Saul.:mjcry:

best episode of the series(for me).

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But she's hella reckless and headstrong. She LOVES the danger. She sees the Life for what it is, the dirty reality. She wants a piece. She might be built for this. :banderas:

But Jimmy showed her that world and got her addicted to the rush of that danger. That's why that shot of her going back to her desk to get the bottle top was so clutch, because it represents when Jimmy got her hooked on running game.

Agree the actors for Kim & Lalo both deserve all the awards.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Fantastic episode. :wow:

I don't know if they'll go down this road but Saul has every right to be angry with Mike and his goons. He was told they'd clean up the shoot out....which they did....but left his car for Lalo to find. :martin:

The "I don't believe fear to be a an effective motivator" line Mike said to Gus is great because fans always nitpicked Gus saying that. Since he did in fact resort to fear (threatening Walt's family) in "Breaking Bad"....but if he took that lesson from Mike, dealing with a wild card like Walt would make him throw that out the window and resort to his old (IE, "BCS") ways. Brilliant writing.

Final scene was crazy and I wasn't sure how they'd get out of it....I was :lupe: for Kim. Saul we know lives.... Lalo I wasn't worried about dying at all. Because if Saul's client shows up at his apartment with a strap, then gets shot by a sniper across the street....:dahell: there's really no way to explain that. The FBI would be looking at Saul crazy after that.

Speaking of which, Saul's rep as a "regular" lawyer is dead this ep. And I don't mean him fumbling that easy case. He showed up with $7 mill in cash and freed a guy suspected of murder, who then disappeared. That news would travel fast in ABQ. All his former peers would be looking at him sideways going forward.

Regardless, Saul is eventually gonna hold one of the biggest Ls in the pantheon of TV due to him losing Kim at some point. By the time we see him in "BB" he's flirting with Francesca and getting hand jobs from Chinese masseuses. Dude's fall off is unprecedented in TV history. :snoop:

Fred.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Oh shyt. I completely misunderstood the ending. I thought Lalo was leaving to go back to Mexico because he’s chilled out
:snoop:
Nope...he bought Kim’s story and knows that Jimmy did him a solid, but he still knows that he’s not just a random lawyer and I’m sure he suspects Gus may have hired him.

Or am I wrong on that? @hex ? Anyone?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh shyt. I completely misunderstood the ending. I thought Lalo was leaving to go back to Mexico because he’s chilled out
:snoop:
Nope...he bought Kim’s story and knows that Jimmy did him a solid, but he still knows that he’s not just a random lawyer and I’m sure he suspects Gus may have hired him.

Or am I wrong on that? @hex ? Anyone?
I think he realized that Kim's right. That there's someone in his circle that's playing both sides.

That even if Saul was involved in a shootout, that means that someone helped him get out of the situation AND someone had people ready near the spot to kill Saul.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I’m not sure what I think is gonna happen with Kim BTW. @hex made a good point that BrBa was a show where everything happened exactly how you knew it would. Something about a snow globe world? Is that the term you used?

With this show we know it’s all gonna fall apart too, but I still don’t think it’s quite as predictable. I think a lot of us think Kim is gonna die. And if this were BrBa we’d probably be right. But this show “feels” more unpredictable to me. So at this point I’m thinking she may very well live.

I just know her and Jimmy’s split is gonna break my heart.