Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The first two seasons honestly could have been condensed into one. They strung out the minutiae with Chuck far too long.
I don't think they really had a clue where they were going at all. At one point I think they were going for a more comedic tone. Remember the crew of guys Saul had working for him on his commercials? It felt like they were building a world of sitcom sidekicks.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think they really had a clue where they were going at all. At one point I think they were going for a more comedic tone. Remember the crew of guys Saul had working for him on his commercials? It felt like they were building a world of sitcom sidekicks.

The writers never know where they're going, that's just how they write.

Season 2 of "Breaking Bad" they just came up with a pink teddy bear floating in a pool. No idea what it meant, where it came from, or anything. Wrote the whole season around that image.

Season 5A they did the same thing with the machine gun in Walt's trunk.

Not saying that process doesn't have it's flaws but :manny: that's what they do.

Fred.

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
Season over all ready?

giphy.gif

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The writers never know where they're going, that's just how they write.

Season 2 of "Breaking Bad" they just came up with a pink teddy bear floating in a pool. No idea what it meant, where it came from, or anything. Wrote the whole season around that image.

Season 5A they did the same thing with the machine gun in Walt's trunk.

Not saying that process doesn't have it's flaws but :manny: that's what they do.

Fred.

I don't just mean plot. Unlike Breaking Bad, I think it took them a while to figure out the tone of the show.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Kim went from Ride or Die to just plain stupid and in over her head..,

She looks to be going on the same path as Walt. They both start out by working hard to get what they claimed they wanted initially but keep moving the goal posts out of selfish pride and causing unnecessary chaos. Her choosing and only wanting to work on cases that “matter” is only self serving and she doing it for her not the clients. Both Walt and Kim was closet ego-maniacs.

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
Jimmy gonna get another visit with Lalo
he's bringing up his name in this clip as if he was still alive :ohhh:
If Lalo does die Jimmy wont know about it :ohhh:
Could Lalo still be alive during and after Breaking Bad, is this who Jimmy is fearing in Nebraska? :ohhh:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jimmy gonna get another visit with Lalo
he's bringing up his name in this clip as if he was still alive :ohhh:
If Lalo does die Jimmy wont know about it :ohhh:
Could Lalo still be alive during and after Breaking Bad, is this who Jimmy is fearing in Nebraska? :ohhh:

That’d be some shyt if Lalo faked his death and ran up on Jimmy in Nebraska in the flash forwards.

itd be a stretch but itd be unexpected too:ehh:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Finished this season

This shyt was great. 1st few seasons I had high expectations for this show which left me with a meh attitude on the show because I was waiting on the breaking bad level of greatness these past 2 seasons especially this 5th one has finally got me on that level of interest that breaking bad had.

I do fear a bit of mediocre ending to the lalo storyline only because we witness what happens to the Salamanca family in breaking bad and clearly they have a stronghold on a major part of the drug game once walt and Jesse are in the picture. I assume season 6 will show what happens from the point of the failed attempt on Lalo until the release of tuco who is running things when Walt and Jesse come along. Gus is also still trying to get power by this time as well. There is also a treaty with gus and the cartel and its hard to see that occurring if gus succeeded in killing a Salamanca. some sort of peaceful resolution had to occur to get to the point where tuco is running shyt and its not a huge war with gus and gus can tell the brothers to hold on killing walt.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finished this season

This shyt was great. 1st few seasons I had high expectations for this show which left me with a meh attitude on the show because I was waiting on the breaking bad level of greatness these past 2 seasons especially this 5th one has finally got me on that level of interest that breaking bad had.

I do fear a bit of mediocre ending to the lalo storyline only because we witness what happens to the Salamanca family in breaking bad and clearly they have a stronghold on a major part of the drug game once walt and Jesse are in the picture. I assume season 6 will show what happens from the point of the failed attempt on Lalo until the release of tuco who is running things when Walt and Jesse come along. Gus is also still trying to get power by this time as well. There is also a treaty with gus and the cartel and its hard to see that occurring if gus succeeded in killing a Salamanca. some sort of peaceful resolution had to occur to get to the point where tuco is running shyt and its not a huge war with gus and gus can tell the brothers to hold on killing walt.

Keep in mind Bolsa doesn't like Lalo. So I can see him looking the other way if Lalo were to disappear.

Fred.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Keep in mind Bolsa doesn't like Lalo. So I can see him looking the other way if Lalo were to disappear.

Fred.
Yea but wouldn't tuco and the crazy brothers be on gus head knowing they were behind killing a family member? How can gus call them off of killing Walt? I'm sure they will make it all make sense I'm afraid of a mediocre end to that storyline unlike the ultra climatic crazy events that led to the end of the tuco gus and Jack the white supremacist storylines