Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
That's Krazy 8 who you are referring in which this season showed how he became a snitch.

Now I see why Krazy 8 started snitching.

Nacho on the run

Lalo focusing on Nacho

Hector got a stroke

Tuco locked up

Krazy 8 knew the salamcas were in the downfall.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I see people already answered you but I'll give you a longer answer....

Gus is a better earner than the Salamancas.

Lalo started fukking with Gus (getting his dealers jammed up, burning down his restaurant, etc.) to make him fall out of favor with Don Eladio and the cartel.

Bolsa, realizing Lalo is fukking up Gus's operation and costing the cartel money, hired goons to steal his bail money so he couldn't get out.

Gus/Mike wanted Lalo out of jail so they could later kill him. So Mike killed the goons Bolsa hired.

So Bolsa couldn't reveal it was him that sent the goons, and Gus couldn't reveal it was Mike that killed the goons.

Fred.
:wow: Talk about a Chess Match!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The El Camino take actually would have made more sense to Jesse's character. I get why he didn't do it.. Audiences are too p*ssy..

I think Skylar killing herself would have been trying to be dark for the sake of it.. I don't see her killing herself with an infant child..

Yeah, Vince Gilligan also mentioned they couldn't figure out what to do with Walt's son. Because even if Skyler didn't blame Walt for Hank dying, there's no way his son would go along with it based on how close Hank and him were.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:picard:

He'll probably use some of these concepts in future shows (separate from BB, BCS), my god.

Maybe, probably not. If he planned on doing that I doubt he would've mentioned that stuff at all.

Also, most people don't know this, Vince Gilligan wrote "Hancock". The original version. Which was closer to tone do that show "The Boys", until Will Smith signed on and had them neuter the fukk out of it.

In the original script Hancock was supposed to be in jail for busting a nut and killing the girl he was fukking. The original version was way darker.

Fred.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Maybe, probably not. If he planned on doing that I doubt he would've mentioned that stuff at all.

Also, most people don't know this, Vince Gilligan wrote "Hancock". The original version. Which was closer to tone do that show "The Boys", until Will Smith signed on and had them neuter the fukk out of it.

In the original script Hancock was supposed to be in jail for busting a nut and killing the girl he was fukking. The original version was way darker.

Fred/

Is Gilligan less involved with BCS these days that you know of?

"Following the Better Call Saul‘s season five finale this week Gilligan told Rolling Stone: “I’m embarrassed to admit this now, but back in Season One or Two, when I was more active on the show, Peter kept saying, ‘We’ve gotta answer who Lalo is,’ and I finally said, ‘I don’t know that we need to answer every single question.’"

TheKid55

All Star
Daps
Man I'm sorry but they need to get Saul the fukk out the paint :camby:

Spin off should've been centered around the drug trade and not these boring ass cacs with their lawyerly shyt :camby:

Finale was boring as fukk outside of the usual cartel stuff which are always excellent :camby:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is Gilligan less involved with BCS these days that you know of?

"Following the Better Call Saul‘s season five finale this week Gilligan told Rolling Stone: “I’m embarrassed to admit this now, but back in Season One or Two, when I was more active on the show, Peter kept saying, ‘We’ve gotta answer who Lalo is,’ and I finally said, ‘I don’t know that we need to answer every single question.’"

Yeah he didn't write any of season 5. If I remember correctly he was working on "El Camino". He directed one ep of season 5, "Bagman". The one with Saul and Mike out in the desert.

He is back writing the final season though.

Fred.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Maybe its personal preference, I just don't like the 'sensitive gangster' archetype.

Dudes in the cartel aren't soft. It just doesn't happen that way. I buy D'angelo from the Wire.... Because he's just a teenager and he doesn't last long in the game.

The Nacho's and Jesse Pinkmans of the world just don't do it for me :hubie:

Chris from teh Sopranos is another example. But he's not just 'sensitive', he's equally psychopathic and self destructive.

I don't think Vince Gilligan knows how to write a complex gangster character, unless you count Walter White.
the Cartel isnt full of super hero gangsta types...
...like any organization, there are people just working a job, and then there are those that live and die for the company.

There are cartel members (and affiliates) in Mexico that would be the equivalent to your everyday drug dealing low level criminal that is in and out of jail in the U.S.