Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex

I forgot to ask, how did the old salamanca end up in a wheelchair and how did tuco end up in jail?

Tuco was wilding out so Nacho paid Mike to kill him. Instead, Mike set Tuco up. Called the cops and then instigated a fight (ran into his car and disrespected him) so when the cops arrived he was beating up Mike and also got caught with a gun.

As far as the wheelchair, Hector Salamanca approached Nacho, telling him to use his dad's shop as a front to move drugs. Nacho didn't want to get his dad involved so he swapped Hector's meds, causing him to have a stroke.

Fred.

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Tuco was wilding out so Nacho paid Mike to kill him. Instead, Mike set Tuco up. Called the cops and then instigated a fight (ran into his car and disrespected him) so when the cops arrived he was beating up Mike and also got caught with a gun.

As far as the wheelchair, Hector Salamanca approached Nacho, telling him to use his dad's shop as a front to move drugs. Nacho didn't want to get his dad involved so he swapped Hector's meds, causing him to have a stroke.

Fred.

Yea I remember now, gus saw nacho switch the meds and now has nacho working for him on the low. Good looks

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Yep. In season 3 he was gonna let Krazy 8 slide for coming up short until Hector said something.
He's not a gangster and doesn't enjoy the drama or violence. Unfortunately that's pretty much all that's been happening around him the last 2 seasons. :mjcry:

Fred.
Maybe its personal preference, I just don't like the 'sensitive gangster' archetype.

Dudes in the cartel aren't soft. It just doesn't happen that way. I buy D'angelo from the Wire.... Because he's just a teenager and he doesn't last long in the game.

The Nacho's and Jesse Pinkmans of the world just don't do it for me :hubie:

Chris from teh Sopranos is another example. But he's not just 'sensitive', he's equally psychopathic and self destructive.

I don't think Vince Gilligan knows how to write a complex gangster character, unless you count Walter White.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I think that's the point of his character. Everybody in that world aint super hard or ruthless. Nacho a smart cat, who's not about that 9-5 square life.

He's more of a hustler. He don't have an appetite for gangsta shyt, he just wants to get money. But he does what he has to do when the pressure is on.
In real life, I assume they are. You look at the more realistic stories like The Sopranos, Goodfellas and Narcos.... you don't make it high up unless you are a super savage :ufdup:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Maybe its personal preference, I just don't like the 'sensitive gangster' archetype.

Dudes in the cartel aren't soft. It just doesn't happen that way. I buy D'angelo from the Wire.... Because he's just a teenager and he doesn't last long in the game.

The Nacho's and Jesse Pinkmans of the world just don't do it for me :hubie:

Chris from teh Sopranos is another example. But he's not just 'sensitive', he's equally psychopathic and self destructive.

I don't think Vince Gilligan knows how to write a complex gangster character, unless you count Walter White.

I feel you but Nacho isn't in the cartel. He's just a random street level guy that lucked into a position of power because Tuco went to jail. The Salamancas are the ABQ branch of the cartel, Nacho just worked for them.

Fred.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I feel you but Nacho isn't in the cartel. He's just a random street level guy that lucked into a position of power because Tuco went to jail. The Salamancas are the ABQ branch of the cartel, Nacho just worked for them.

Fred.
Also he double crossed every single person he worked for - just like Gus said :picard:

Im hopin Lalo puts a couple bullets in him

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also he double crossed every single person he worked for - just like Gus said :picard:

Im hopin Lalo puts a couple bullets in him

To be fair the Salamancas are lunatics. If Nacho met Gus first I guarantee he'd be 100% loyal.

I hope he dies just because it would be a good, tragic character arc but I doubt it'll happen. If I have one complaint about Vince Gilligan, he lets people around him talk him out of things that would make his stuff 100x darker. There was a few things on "BB" he got talked out of, that would've been :wow:

Fred.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair the Salamancas are lunatics. If Nacho met Gus first I guarantee he'd be 100% loyal.

I hope he dies just because it would be a good, tragic character arc but I doubt it'll happen. If I have one complaint about Vince Gilligan, he lets people around him talk him out of things that would make his stuff 100x darker. There was a few things on "BB" he got talked out of, that would've been :wow:

Fred.
And what was he talked out of in bb?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison

Fred.
How Nacho gonna make it out with no contacts, in a foreign country after he tried to assassinate a general? :gucci:

Its more likely Bolsa tries to exonerate Gus and the lion's share of blame falls on Nacho

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And what was he talked out of in bb?

Man a whole different arc in season 2/3. Changes to season 5B.

There was supposed to be a cartel boss (that later got changed into Gus) that would tell people to pick a random number between 1-33. Then he'd have them held down and knock out that vertebrae (because there's 33 vertebrae in your spine) with a chisel and a hammer. So you were essentially gambling with being crippled for life.

Anyway, that guy was supposed to kill Jesse. Walt was gonna kidnap dude and have him tied up in an abandoned house in the middle of nowhere. Walt would go out and randomly torture dude, as revenge for killing Jesse.

Walt had a gun set up so the guy could choose to commit suicide to end his own suffering. But the guy was a beast so he just took the torture.

One day Walt's son follows Walt out to that house, and finds the guy. When he tries to help him (since he has no idea who he is), the guy triggers the gun and kills them both.

Also, in season 5, Skyler was supposed to leave ABQ, with the disappearer guy. She was gonna slit her wrists in the bathroom, in that cabin in New Hampshire while Walt is trying to talk to her right outside the door.

Also, during "El Camino", Jesse was supposed to have insomnia the whole movie. Then at the end, when he's about to disappear, he sees a woman being robbed and tries to help her. Ends up getting caught and going to jail. In jail for life, he can finally sleep.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How Nacho gonna make it out with no contacts, in a foreign country after he tried to assassinate a general? :gucci:

Its more likely Bolsa tries to exonerate Gus and the lion's share of blame falls on Nacho

I'm guessing Gus made travel arrangements but then again he don't seem to like Nacho, so who knows. It's possible Mike throws him a life line.

Fred.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I'm guessing Gus made travel arrangements but then again he don't seem to like Nacho, so who knows. It's possible Mike throws him a life line.

Fred.
Him or Lalo comes out alive. Lalo's going no where without finding Nacho.

• Dap